• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Merlinpool Meet: 21-22 September 2013

Joel

TS Technical Admin
Favourite Ride
Closed season on TST
TS Merlinpool Meet: 21-22 September 2013

It's time for our yearly frolic up t'north west coast for some sun, sea, sand and Mandyland!

We'll be visiting the world famous Pleasure Beach Resort Pleasure Beach Blackpool Blackpool Pleasure Beach Mandyland to catch some rides on the Saturday, with a chilled out visit on the Sunday to some of Blackpool's finest Merlin attractions, including the Blackpool Tower, SeaLife Blackpool, Madam Tussauds and whatever else it is that Merlin own up that way.

Don't have an Annual Pass? Check out the Blackpool Resort Pass for entry to all of the attractions for £52.50!

Accomodation is 'officially' Travelodge, however Blackpool is Blackpool and quite frankly awful for costs of some rooms already, so we've started this thread a bit earlier than usual to try and give people chance to sort things out. Of course theres plenty of choice, and its best to either team up with someone for cheaper rooms, or search local B&Bs (of which we hear there is a rather a few of them...) for some bargain rooms also.

Saturday 21st September
Blackpool Pleasure Beach - 10am - 8pm - MEET outside the Ark at 10:15am.

Sunday 22nd September
Blackpool Merlin Attractions - 10am - 6pm

Accomodation: Travelodge, however unlikely everyone will be at same hotels due to costs.

RSVP: You can also RSVP for this meet through our new fangled thingy right here.

Blackpool South Prom TL £104
Blackpool South Shore TL £127.99 (For the record, some booking sites are offering The Big Blue cheaper than this!!!)

OUCH!!
Preston TL is £34 though. And lest we forget all the dingy B&B's in Blackpool, so sure there will be somewhere cheap to stay.

For anyone planning on popping down the night before, on Friday 20th its the Blackpool Blackpool Fireworks Championships, starting from 7:30pm, with fireworks from 8:30pm.

I think if I go, it will just be for the Saturday. The prospect of spending a fortune to stop over just to do 'Merlin' attractions on the Sunday isn't really that appealing. But then, neither does spending the day at a busy Pleasure Beach with their 'constantly moving' queues :p

Just for reference, how busy is Pleasure Beach in September? I can't imagine it being too packed.

I'm thinking of just doing the Saturday. If I book early enough I can get the train for around £40 to BPB train station from Euston.

Would anyone be interested into going back into the Park on the Sunday instead of doing the Merlin Attractions? Never been to the park so would prefer to go both days.

Pricing I have found £78 between a possible 4 (Double, Single and Sofa bed) Not a TL but fairly similar! :)

I would only do the 1 day at PBB, as you can easily get everything done on a day.

I will be there Saturday only.

:)

I will definitely be there on the PB day to see all your lovely faces as it has been far too long. Hopefully there won't be any water fights this year ;) I might be bringing a +1 too :)

I'm hoping to be there, even if I don't ride anything at Pleasure Beach, but I'm having an op on the Friday morning, so my attendance is unsure, depending on how I feel :(

Really, really, don't want to miss this one though. I love an outing to Blackpool :D

I'll be there with Ste. We've been talking about doing the Blackpool Merlin attractions for a while and haven't been to the PB for ages.

Not sure whether we'll be staying over or not yet. We only live about an hour away.

Never been on a meet before but tempted by this one as BPP is our most local park (since Camelot closed) and the Blackpool Merlin Midways are actually worth re-visits.

Is there any problem with not staying over as given we are approx 45 mins away it'd prob be cheaper for us to drive/train it on both days?

Cheers

P.S. I wouldn't recommend Preston Travelodge unless you are driving - despite claiming to be "Central" its a good mile outside of Preston (and approx 2 miles away from the train station).

Enk27 said:
Is there any problem with not staying over as given we are approx 45 mins away it'd prob be cheaper for us to drive/train it on both days?

No problem with not staying. The more on the meet, the merrier! (And more faff)

I'm hoping to attend this, I had a good weekend last year! I imagine me and Sam will stay in a B&B, we got a room fairly cheap last year, and hardly any time is spent in the room anyway!

I'd like to join. I've not been to a Merlinpool meet but I'd like to. I may drive so I can stay longer too.

Not bothering with the Merlin attractions, though. :p

Already done them once though. The Dungeons were okay but I wouldn't bother with the Sea Life or Tussauds again. The Tower is okay just for the Ballroom and the views from the top.

Besides, I'd rather save the money for Scarefest, Fright Nights and Halloween Hocus Pocus! :p

As per last year, wristbands are £20 when booked online. And if the park's operating hours are anything like last years meet, this is quite the bargain.

1173777_10151814265232365_440314946_n.jpg

Danny said:
As per last year, wristbands are £20 when booked online. And if the park's operating hours are anything like last years meet, this is quite the bargain.

1173777_10151814265232365_440314946_n.jpg

They're open 10am-8pm on the 21st according to the website, although really that's 12-8pm because barely anything is open till half 11-12.

The Daily Star has 2-4-1 vouchers which allow up to 4 people in. Get! :p