• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS South: 8 - 9 June 2013

Re: NEXT MEET: TS South: 8 - 9 June 2013

There is both, please click attending on FB and add yourself to the who's going list on the forum.

:)

Had originally planned on being in London area from Friday with a friend, and was most likely going to Thorpe Park on Sunday too, so would of at least been able to wave from a distance, or joined a couple of peeps for lunch. Sadly, due to unforeseen circumstances, we are unable to go :( Good job I hadn't booked accommodation, which wouldn't of been T5 due to the poor location in respect to public transport links in to central London :eek:

Be to busy anyway TBH :p

I'm finding it frustrating that I really, really want to go on this, but Alton Towers not announcing The Smiler's opening date could affect it in some way. What if they decide to open it during the weekend of the 8th/9th?

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Tempting... Very tempting...

Does anyone have accommodation booked for this with space still available? Also, would anyone be passing by Derby area from oop Norf, or failing that anyone who would need a lift? Seems a bit daft driving all that way with just me in the car.

Right guys, me and Jordan have just been having a chat and looking at the Who's Going list as it stands we think there may be an issue regarding transport to and from parks and hotels.

As it stands me and a few others were going to be getting a lift down with AstroDan, and my personal plan was just to try and get in cars where there was space... There's just one problem I can see; the lack of cars :p

Now how many non-drivers are there who will be needing lifts to and from the parks/hotels, and who will be taking cars? Glancing over the Who's Going I'm guessing the only confirmed person is Dan. If we can get an idea of numbers then we can try and figure something out. If worse comes to worse any overflow from cars will perhaps need to look at taxis and splitting the fare, but it's still a bit of a pain.

I do have a car which five of us could get in, which would help, but unless there's anyone who I can pick up en-route Friday night I'd really any use it as a last resort. I know that may sound a bit selfish, but I have a 3hour odd drive each way, and with one person in the car it's both expensive, and very boring :/ Even with just one more person it makes it much more bearable, and better value.

If people could try to reply ASAP it would be appreciated. The sooner we have the whole picture and all the numbers the sooner we can try and resolve this to ensure everyone can get where they want to be :)

Ta x

Re: lack of cars, AstroDan and I were having a similar conversation yesterday, Ian.

I'm aware of one other potential person who may now be coming who has a car which would solve the problem, but they are yet to 100% confirm.

One idea that I had is that if you can't find anyone else and we don't have a second car is that everyone who is making their own way to/from the meet itself gives you a fuel contribution - but I realise that doesn't solve the boredom issue, and also is reliant on others agreeing also :)

Right I'll be coming along :)
Anyone got a spare space in the hotel? I'm driving, if anyone needs a lift from the hotel to the parks, if I stay at the hotel

Mike said:
Re: lack of cars, AstroDan and I were having a similar conversation yesterday, Ian.

I'm aware of one other potential person who may now be coming who has a car which would solve the problem, but they are yet to 100% confirm.

One idea that I had is that if you can't find anyone else and we don't have a second car is that everyone who is making their own way to/from the meet itself gives you a fuel contribution - but I realise that doesn't solve the boredom issue, and also is reliant on others agreeing also :)

I wouldn't have a problem with giving a fuel contribution if others agree, Then I can take it off Ian's share of the room.

Yeah, it's the cost which was concerning me more than the boredom really. If anyone having a lift off me over the weekend was willing to put a bit towards the petrol then it would be much appreciated. As for solving to boredom I guess I'll just have to have Netflix or iPlayer on in the background to keep me company :p

I'll aim to bring my car down with me Friday unless anything changes between then and now, but I'm still open for giving anyone a lift Friday afternoon/evening between Derby and Travelodge if needs be (Obviously, if someone does take up this offer then I will be 100% committed to driving down, so there's no uncertainty at that point :p ).

So I'll have room for 4 people in with me across the weekend. Stu, if you want to claim a space for the duration then I can do, and we can square up with the room cost and fuel :)

Not sure if anyone would be interested, but there's a comedy night at Thorpe on the Saturday night - details here

I'm not sure if I could bring myself to spend an evening in that Dome watching "one of the busiest acts on the European cabaret scene" and "your average Stockport housewife".

My car:

Me.
John.
Rowe.
Liam C (south transfers)
Mike (south transfers)

I presume Ian you can take the rest? Is Lewis coming as I know he needed travel!

Can do if there's going to be enough room :)

My car:

Me
Towers Freak (All south transfers)
Jordan (Saturday transfers only)
Lewis (All south transfers)
SPARE (Sunday transfers only)
SPARE (All south transfers)

If anyone wants to bag themselves a space for all of the trip speak now or forever hold your peace :)

Meeting Arrangements for TS South:

Chessington, Saturday 8th June
9:30am at the park entrance (main car park, hotel side)

Thorpe Park, Sunday 9th June
9:15am at the park entrance

Ian said:
Can do if there's going to be enough room :)

My car:

Me
Towers Freak (All south transfers)
Jordan (Saturday transfers only)
SPARE (Sunday transfers only)

If anyone wants to bag themselves a space for all of the trip speak now or forever hold your peace :)

I'll bag an all trip lift please Ian! PM me with all the need to know's :)

If there's still hotel space in T5 TL, then I'm interested. I'd also need transfers for the whole weekend, apart from on Sunday afternoon, when I'd be taking the bus to Staines station in order to catch the last train back to Cornwall (bring on next year when I'm in Exeter/Biddulph! :p). Sod the cost of it all, I just need a coaster fix, and to bring my coaster count up to 50! :D

Will we be residing in the Golden Cross for lunch Saturday night again?

"She'll NEVER know." ;D

Yes.

I'll call while we're at Chessington.

Jonathan said:
If there's still hotel space in T5 TL, then I'm interested. I'd also need transfers for the whole weekend, apart from on Sunday afternoon, when I'd be taking the bus to Staines station in order to catch the last train back to Cornwall (bring on next year when I'm in Exeter/Biddulph! :p). Sod the cost of it all, I just need a coaster fix, and to bring my coaster count up to 50! :D

I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away mate ;)

I'm now coming both days and staying in T5 TL on the Saturday.

I know that none of you have met me but according to my probation officer I'm no longer a threat to the public, so if you need any lifts give me a shout. I'll be coming down from Northampton. :*