• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS South: 8 - 9 June 2013

NEXT MEET: TS South: 8 - 9 June 2013

Just out of interest (playing with different ideas here...), anyone have a spare space in a T5 room for Saturday night?

Re: NEXT MEET: TS South: 8 - 9 June 2013

I'm still in need of a car space for transfers on Saturday and Sunday. If I can get one, then I'll be there, but will need to leave Thorpe early.

Jonathan said:
I'm still in need of a car space for transfers on Saturday and Sunday. If I can get one, then I'll be there, but will need to leave Thorpe early.

Where from /to? Have atleast two car spaces and staying in TL now.

Jordan said:
Are there plans for food on Friday evening?

I will either eat en route if the traffic is bad, or just eat at the Travelodge. I know the food is poor, but I won't feel like driving anywhere from there after a 2 1/2 hour drive straight from work.

Saturday night - The Golden Cross for sure!

I'd be up for grabbing something at Travelodge too. It's nothing amazing, but I've never had a "bad" meal at one. And I'll probably grab some snacks from Tesco or ASDA before setting off so I have nibbles through the night :)

I might bring a rustlers or something. Then at least I get reasonably priced crap on a plate. ::)

cheapskate.png

What time are people arriving at the Travelodge tomorrow?

LiamC said:
What time are people arriving at the Travelodge tomorrow?

Will probably aim to get there about 7-8ish - meeting Jonathan after work at half 5 then will probably head straight there, via checking in at Hilton T5 :)

Trains and Tube FTL! Don't think I'll be there until quite a while after 9PM :(

Better late than never.

Transport from midlands. Is everyone sorted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i will be arriving for Sunday only. hopefully I will find everyone this time :facepalm:

I'm not a morning person and I need to visit the MAP hut so might be a tad late on the Saturday. Lewis has kindly given me his mob number if I do need to catch up.

Mrs Novas's...es... whatever...

Her plans for the weekend have fallen through and I feel bad leaving her without a car, so she's probally towing along now. She likes meets and much to my frustration always ends up being ten times more popular than me... :(

Look forward to meeting you all, safe travels those who are setting off tomorrow!

Hilton booked. Will be arriving around 8PM. What's the evening plans, if any? With two rooms booked, if required, could meet there?

Of course, not wanting to take away from any pre existing plans!

:)

Tomorrow will be a quiet affair for me as I'm working all day - the drive down will leave me shattered.

Prob just sit in TL bar for a bit!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just a note to anyone travelling to Heathrow T5 by public transport: the Travelodge is not on site, and you will need to catch the National Express Hotel Hoppa bus [PDF] to get there. Tickets are £4.50 one-way or £8 return, although if you buy in advance, tickets are £4 and £7 respectively. Failing that, it's about a 40 minute walk which involves walking around a busy motorway junction.

Is there a pod sosche tonight? I've never been on them yet heard so much :p

Not stayed at this TL before, and just noticed the website is covered in notes about how restrictive parking can be. Anyone had a problem parking on site before?

Jordan said:
Just a note to anyone travelling to Heathrow T5 by public transport: the Travelodge is not on site, and you will need to catch the National Express Hotel Hoppa bus [PDF] to get there. Tickets are £4.50 one-way or £8 return, although if you buy in advance, tickets are £4 and £7 respectively. Failing that, it's about a 40 minute walk which involves walking around a busy motorway junction.

Alternatively, you can get the First Berkshire 60/61 from Heathrow Terminal 5 which works out a lot cheaper IIRC - but the buses are irregular and it drops you about 5 minutes walk from the hotel :)

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/060_061.htm

Jordan said:

I would quite like to have a look at these, they look quite funky.

LiamC said:
Jordan said:

I would quite like to have a look at these, they look quite funky.

I'm also probably going to head down to have a look :)