• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Micro Meet: 17.6.12

Re: Towers this Sunday?

Sam said:
Bugger, I'm not actually sure I can even make it now! First train from Sheff to Uttox is half 1. :(
Sam IKR otherwise I would go :(

Mini-Meets Y U on Sunday :(

Given the latest "screw you" that Towers has delt us, we won't coming any more.
Also, Hils has decided to go see her folks on Sunday.

Guess what folk? Dave and I are joining the Sunday jaunt! Tomorrow's weather looks utterly miserable so we're taking on the lighter showers instead :p

I can't say I'm not jealous of you guys, but have a great day nevertheless! Considering Sazzle may be hungover I can't say i'm too gutted I won't be joining you. ;)

Have a Fantabulous time everybody!

have been busy working out if im able to drive at 7.30 am... and have come to the conclusion, yes i bloody am, so shall be there for 8.40 outside splash, cant wait for my first meet, hope you are all gentle... :p

See you all tomorrow guys! Not too sure exactly what time I'm arriving (it depends how long it takes to drag myself out of bed! :p) but I plan to get a quick breakfast from Towers Family Restaurant once I am there to keep me going until lunch!

:)

Umm breakfast! Is it any good in there? Knowing me, there is a 24hr mcd's next to my local petrol station so will have an en-route breakfast anyway, but I am partial to a second...

smudge said:
have been busy working out if im able to drive at 7.30 am... and have come to the conclusion, yes i bloody am, so shall be there for 8.40 outside splash, cant wait for my first meet, hope you are all gentle... :p

We are always gentle....well...... we are sometimes gentle....well..........

badger said:
smudge said:

We are always gentle....well...... we are sometimes gentle....well..........

Haha - too late now anyway - I'm there (waay earlier than expected) only car in car park... Idont know if it's excitement or apprehension that woke me at 6:20... :)

As someone who'd followed this thread intensely from the start (woops...) having new people at Towers today was a delightful surprise, especially when they fitted so well into the group and (certainly seemed) to enjoy yourselves? I mean, I got hugs, so it can't be all bad :p

Lovely to meet you both - I don't always look that skanky, promise!

Had a lovely time with you folk and really glad I was there for the first ever (micro) meet with sexy like photos to prove it! Was equally happy to see meet newbies Smudge and I am the Resurrection come along and merge in stress free!

Looking forward to the next meet! :)

Well what a great first TST meet that was! Great to see everyone again, and really nice to meet smudge and I am the resurrection who both seemed to fit in really well, hope to see you both again soon!

:D

First of all a massive 'thank you' to everyone that was there.

Really was a pleasure to meet you all who were all so easy to get along with & therefor I had a wonderful time!

Thanks again for every single one of you who were so welcoming & friendly!

I already look forward to the next :)

And extra thanks to michael, who helped me actually meet you in the first place.. Eventually :)

Well that was a splendid meet, folks :D.

Really rather enjoyed myself :).

P1040697.jpg

Aaaaannnnd..

P1040698.jpg

RAUNCHY! ;)

I don't often do TRs, but I'll make an exception as it was a special occasion.

Sunday was my first trip to Towers since the birthday meet, so I was looking forward to seeing the changes to Sub Terra. That had to wait though, as I was there for ERT, arriving with Mark and Sam from Drake-ton Manor. Rita was first up for a couple of rides (inc. front) before heading to RMT. Two rides, six laps and much shouting of "smokers" and "John Wardley" later it was nearly 10am.

Now with a much larger group, it was time to see how Sub Terra was doing. Operative Marks informed us everything was working perfectly, only for it to break down when we were in the main chamber. After briefly returning to the pre-ride corridor everything was working again and we got to experience our worst nightmare... underground. The ride itself feels much more dramatic, with a longer story, louder audio and better effects all combining to make a much more stressful experience. The smoke and the countdown when heading for the lifts really ratchets up the tension, and the "decontamination area" provides a suitable finale. All in all it's a huge leap forward for the attraction, and the reactions from guests are significantly more positive.

Onto the rest of FV (except Blade!). Nemesis always feels better after Inferno, and since I've had several trips to Thorpe since my previous Towers trip, it completely blew me away. Air on the other hand was the same as ever, though at least we got there before the queue built up and got to ride just before a fault temporarily required one station to close.

Back over to DF for Th13teen, which as others have mentioned seems slightly faster since the new platform under the trims has been added. A bit of a queue here due to a temporary delay on Rita, but quick dispatches made light work of it. By now it was nearly lunchtime and the party animals had crawled out of bed and joined us for Hex, which was on form with louder audio and fully working effects - great job!

Rita was next followed by a closer look at the closed shop, which has had all stock removed except sweets etc. One of the picsolve staff tried to stop us getting pics of the interior with little success. Slow service at Forest Feast meant we were late meeting up with the others who were eating elsewhere - outlet closures are leading to longer queues at the remaining eateries...

Onto Oblivion, where I got my preferred seat (front right) - best ride position and great for viewing the SW7 site, which now has a huge pile of rubble in it (woo, exciting!). Enterprise and Submission were skipped due to time pressure, instead we opted for Spinball and Squirrel Nutty, both with virtually no queue.

To take us to ride close we did all the rides from Rapids round to Ripsaw (except Blade). Rapids was a great laugh as ever, and a wet ride for most in the fat boat, myself included. Duel is gradually turning back into Haunted House, with old sound effects creeping back in. The undertaker and lunatic sound much better now, and the pillar demon in working better than it has in years. There are still some areas with little to no audio, but on the whole the ride is vastly improved this year - long may it continue! Sub Terra's queue was advertised as 5 min, but was nearer 30, but luckily Nemesis was quiet enough for us to get last cycle on Ripsaw, which was on fine form and much wetter than expected. A soggy walk to the hotels ensued where we left the main group after a remote photo opp via a CCTV camera pointed at the ship in ATH, taking the photo on a TV upstairs (though as we couldn't see our photographer it may not have been well-posed!).

It was great to be back at Towers after a fairly long period without visiting (for me anyway!), and a fantastic start to meeting up with TST. It was as if we'd known each other for years...

Great trip-reports guys!

I'm not going to say much, but it was the best mini-meet I've been to in months! Great company, big ride count, no complaints from me! The meet atmosphere just felt so positive and forward-looking as well. :)

Lovely to meet Smudge and I Am The Resurrection too! One question: there seemed to be a lot of people taking photos, and usually the day after a meet I'm inundated with tag notifications! For those taking photos, any chance of uploading them to Facebook? :) Ta!