• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST No Limits Coaster

Which inverted coaster do you want (please read my post before selecting)?

• Intamin

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • B&M

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
A most excellent plan!

I like the unique elements that you've designed. They are very original.
It's a good layout to start of with as well!
Thanks for sharing it.

I'll start working on the full theme plans today, and I should have them with you very soon!

Thanks, Longy! Could you also check the No Limits Dropbox file to make sure you still have access to everything as I've given things a shuffle around to make it all a bit more organised.

:)

BigAl said:
Thanks, Longy! Could you also check the No Limits Dropbox file to make sure you still have access to everything as I've given things a shuffle around to make it all a bit more organised.

I will do when I get on my computer. :)

Right guys, here's the order of what's happening from now on:

Theming plans will be released to the public by Saturday, after confirmation from the team.

Different layouts are released so that TST can decide upon the final layout. User input would be welcomed.

Construction begins on the coaster in No Limits, with regular updates so constructive criticism is allowed.

Once the layout is complete, the theming will be added from Sketchup, again, with input from TST.

A POV and off ride shots are posted, including a story line and possibly an advert!

Question: What is the maximum length of the intamin coaster project?

alee298 said:

There is no maximum length, but we've got to take into account that the speed means an incredibly long coaster would just be very boring. Probably around 2500 feet at the most, but there really is no limit.

Now I'm going to suggest a possible plan of action for the construction, and it may contradict with what Longy has said, but Al and I feel that the theming should fit around the coaster, and not the other way around, meaning that the coaster will be made first.

Step 1- think of or design elements- like shown in Al's post- that would work for the coaster, and start to construct a plan for the coaster.

Step 2- finalise the plan, and production of a basic NL model- to see if it works correctly- and basic outline of the theme.

Step 3- production of the track and supports (Al and I have been discussing possible ways to do this).

Step 4- creation of the theming elements, and addition to the NL coaster.

Step 5- advertising and viral part.

Step 6- unveiling of the coaster.

The plan is to get, at least, Step 1 (and possibly Step 2) finished by next weekend, although this is not a must. So please, feel free to share any interesting elements, through the Dropbox folder, in here or through PM. Remember though that this is a family coaster, and elements should be suitable for it. Use photos of current rides for ideas if you're struggling.

Hopefully this clears a few things up. :)

Since I have set up a YouTube page and have access to Flickr and Photobucket. I will be happy to take on step 5 and step 6.

Of course I'm happy to help with the other steps as well if help is needed. :)

Nick said:
alee298 said:

There is no maximum length, but we've got to take into account that the speed means an incredibly long coaster would just be very boring. Probably around 2500 feet at the most, but there really is no limit.

Now I'm going to suggest a possible plan of action for the construction, and it may contradict with what Longy has said, but Al and I feel that the theming should fit around the coaster, and not the other way around, meaning that the coaster will be made first.

Step 1- think of or design elements- like shown in Al's post- that would work for the coaster, and start to construct a plan for the coaster.

Step 2- finalise the plan, and production of a basic NL model- to see if it works correctly- and basic outline of the theme.

Step 3- production of the track and supports (Al and I have been discussing possible ways to do this).

Step 4- creation of the theming elements, and addition to the NL coaster.

Step 5- advertising and viral part.

Step 6- unveiling of the coaster.

The plan is to get, at least, Step 1 (and possibly Step 2) finished by next weekend, although this is not a must. So please, feel free to share any interesting elements, through the Dropbox folder, in here or through PM. Remember though that this is a family coaster, and elements should be suitable for it. Use photos of current rides for ideas if you're struggling.

Hopefully this clears a few things up. :)
I was thinking of that.
It's a better way to do it.

I can fit the theming elements that I've designed, well, started to design, into the layout, tweaking the main elements to fit the design.

Step 5 seems about the time that I'll come into play :)

I had started some concepts for various themes (such as various objects that could be made into 3-D and used) but it is now unlikely that I'll have the time to finish them. Didn't get chance to do anything this weekend due to DofE expedition, next week I'm on work experience, and I have stupid amounts of coursework to do. Ew.

Hopefully I'll have time for designing viral images and various advertisement material in the summer holidays...

Sent from my phone

Brett said:
so who is actually doing this now? as far as i see its just you and al?

We are all doing it, but so far, it's just Al and I who are planning how we would tackle creating the coaster. If you have any ideas of how to create the coaster, please PM myself of Al, as we would like the feedback. As I have said, the only thing we are doing, at the moment- is planning the coaster, and so help would be appreciated for ideas on making the coaster and ideas for elements are all that is required. Hopefully we'll start on the actual track work soon.

I am awesome at making adverts,so Just send me the footage when we get to that part and I will be happy to help.

Brett, everyone can work on the project, it's just that we've had to do a bit of restructuring to ensure our project is heading in the right direction. Feel free to create elements or even an entire suspended coaster and share it with everyone as we're going to need to look at every piece of work (together) and vote for what we'd like to include on our final coaster.

I can do more now as my laptop and I will be united tomorrow

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Well it's been far to long, but work will be starting up again on the project! :)

We will be doing this step over the next few days, and all help would be appreciated.

Nick said:

Basically, we are asking for help on looking for researching current coasters that appeal to the family market- or thrilling coasters that have some appropriate elements in- that would work in the coaster.

Just an example here, on a coaster we all know and love, the first stall turn on Nemesis provides a very good experience.

2f7fon0mf81g1400620005.jpg

The mixture of fast paced action, closeness to the terrain and the fact that it could work in our coaster means that we could create something like this.

Now, it would be helpful for as many of you as possible to help us with thinking of these, and therefore, all ideas will be looked at and appreciated.

Thanks for reading, and sorry about the delay. :)

I can't really input until I get home.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Since I have made the Screamworks Co. YouTube page for us I'll do step 5 and 6. :)

But I'll get creating elements as soon as posible. :)

And Nick, loving the new Avatar. ;)