• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Sandwich Meet: 25-27 August 2012

At Splash now sat in the widow area wearing my usual Green Day hoodie. Problem is you could walk past me and I wouldn't recognise you :p

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

I'm afraid due to a few problems, I wont be able to make any part of this meet, but I will most definatley be at the next Towers one! Enjoy yourself! :)

What are peoples plans for tomorrow? Im thinking of getting there for ERT, so will most likely be at Splash for 8.30-8.45 ish?

Will be on park tomorrow about 11 o'clock after trying to sort my car insurance out

Not 100% sure if im going or not. Will need to check the weather as I don't really want to get soaked.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Arrived home about 2 hours ago! :D Here are my thoughts on this weekend.

Overall, for my first meet in over a year, this was great! Some faces were new, some were faces I hadn't seen for well over a year and a half which was absolutely lovely! Weather held out for the days I was there (I know today it's like epic torrent from epic land) and overall it was 2 very good days.

Was thoroughly impressed with Drayton. Seeing as it was my first visit since 2001 I was very excited to sample this park again. It was great to see how much it had improved and it was actually looking very nice in places. Some of the theming actually makes Chessington look dreadful, which in a way is a shame as I used to rate old Chessy quite highly. I enjoyed most of the rides I rode there. G-Force really is crap though.

As for Alton, while it was a nice day on park, something there didn't seem quite right. I don't know what it was but I was extremely excited about visiting the park for the first time since march 2011. I ended up staying in a park which felt very much like Alton mid-late 2007. I'm not sure what was going on there, but that said it was still a great day!

Pros
- Seeing my dearest and best of friends again after such a long time. You guys genuinely make me so happy and so complete and I love you all to pieces! What fantastic company!
- Drayton exceeding all expectations.
- Riding a number of new rides this weekend, as I was too short to ride most things at my last visit to DMP.
- Experiencing the Haunting again.
- G-Force being hilariously bad!
- Good Accommodation.
- The weather holding out.
- Lovely meal at a pub on Sunday night
And lots more that I cant remember atm.

Cons
- Laughing myself into a sore throat
- Conking out and missing the meal on Saturday night
- G-Force being hilariously bad!
- Alton having a rather odd vibe about it.
- I usually say this, but the pure distance of my journey.
- Leaving a day too soon and missing the bank holiday monday at Alton, I would have liked to have seen if that strange vibe had disappeared.

A massive thanks to everyone that gave me lifts to places! (Nat, Craig, Ian and Astro)

I shall be back soon guys, I promise! This weekend has been so much fun and meant a lot to me! I already miss you all! :(

Awh Chris! Shame I didn't get to give you a big goodbye hug this morning! Glad you're back safe.

Currently sitting on my train back to reality ever so slightly soaked from the monsoon type weather we experienced today at AT, had a lovely time and thought that was the best TowersStreet meet ever! (Even though it's the first one)

Sadly I am dubious as to my appearance at the next three meets (something known as education has stepped into my leisurely non-working life) so this has been a bit of a pre-emptive send off.

The meet video and 'lights will be coming soon!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Would like to say thank you for a great weekend sorry I had to get off without saying bye to everyone after ride close will see you all next time :)

Well I have only been home a little while.

I felt that was a rather good meet, but being my first meet it is slightly hard to judge!

Myself and Carla did the Sunday at Drayton and Monday at Alton.

Pros
Meeting lots of people that I have known for a while online but never met!
Drayton being fun considering the massive queues
Drayton adding 1 1/2 hours to their opening time as it was busy! Excellent work there guys.
Have a very welcoming and fun group of people to meet.
Meeting more new people on the Monday at Alton.
Poccy being as good fun as always!
Alton being surprisingly quiet. Not much queuing needed.
Proving that I DO exist!
Hugs at the end of the meet.
Riding the rapids at Alton and managing to stay more or less dry. Thanks Joelio for taking the hit on that one. :D

Cons
Drayton being totally rammed! Go away kids! Theme parks are not for you! :p
Being rather shattered and missing out on the meal Sunday night. Sorry guys :(
Being slightly nervous about meeting new internet peoples!
G-Force
The queue for G-Force
Massive driving distances involved in getting up to the meets.

Well seeing as it was my first meet on the Saturday, I thought I'd do a quick little write up.

Highs:

The weather was great compared to what had been promised.
Adding to my list of visits this year where I have discovered a new area of the Towers.
Watching people get lost exiting Hex by following Sam, Jordan, Georgia, Rowe and myself.
Pretty much conquering my fear of anything that freefalls.
Despite not talking to many people, I enjoyed the conversations that I did have.
Meeting people.
Drying off pretty quickly after the Rapids.

Lows:

Being incredibly shy and not talking to many people.
Journey to Towers and back.
Just missing the Towers bus back to Uttox. Bloody bus driver :mad:
Having to fork out extra for the bus back to Uttox.
Tom literally nearly just missing his train.

Literally only been back home for 20 mins :p But I had a fantastic first meet, was lovely to meet everyone today! The torrential rain didn't stop us lot from having fun even though we all looked like drowned rats by the end of the day. Can I just say thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome into what was inevitably a BIG group - you guys were awesome today! :D

Roll on Scarefest which I'm hopefully will be coming to! :)

I've had such a good time this weekend - it has been a really enjoyable meet!

Highlights:

Seeing everyone again, including those who I've not seen for a few months or more!
Meeting some lovely new people including Jem, Carla, Lottie and Ben :)
Having an explore around Her Ladyship's Garden after Hex on Saturday
The very nice meal at the Eating Inn
Having an enjoyable day at Drayton
All the hands-off posing at Drayton ;)
Drayton's ride close being extended to 7:30pm (kudos!)
The Haunting being pure comedy gold from start to finish
Drayton's bizarre exit road which goes through the park
"APPALLING" meal at the Table Table
Critiquing the laughably bad Final Destination movie
Cheerful Starbucks staff
Getting on Ripsaw: "Hello, TowersStreet"
Inadequate parking :p
Double-takeover on Thirteen
The rather unique storyline from Sam for our Sub-Terra ride today ;)
Crazy amounts of rides in torrential rain this afternoon

Not-so-highlights:

Still not having a sunny day at Towers this season!
Not getting any chance to explore The Gardens.
Shocking state of some of the cages at Drayton's zoo. :'(
Pirates of Despair looking extremely worse for wear (and on awful capacity).
No proper evening room sosches at the Travelodge
The clueless ride host on Rita tonight - "we can't send the train with only two people" ::)
Not getting chance to say bye to some people due to the long monorail queue meaning we got to Splash quite late :(

--

Massive thanks to Cheese for the lifts between the parks, eateries and accommodation. Also thank you to Badgy for the lift to Towers on Saturday.

I don't know when my next meet will be. I'll likely be at Merlinpool for a day, but everything is uncertain going forwards due to happenings in the Real World™ in the coming weeks and months. However, I'm sure I'll get a better idea of which meets I can make soon enough :)

I have surprised myself by just how much video I've recorded, although I am undecided as to whether to make an individual meet video or not. I will investigate :)

Can we rewind so I can go?
I was gutted to miss it!

Oh well!
I'm glad you had fun.

I'll probably meet you at opening next year.
Or maybe earlier...

Brill Saturday :)

Pros: Roman still being alive
Met some new people and met up with everyone else again
It was warm
It rained at the correct times :p
5 Nemmy rides
Skyride didn't burst into flames
Able to get a table seat on the Uttox Box (So had legroom)
Got an East Midlands Train to and from Derby
Sitting down in Hex and reciting the story

Cons: Names :( I am sorry
Bus driver shutting the doors and driving off when we got to the stop
First bus cost extra
Nearly missing my train (we arrived and 1 min later it turned up)
Bucketing it down when I got home

See you lot in Merlinpool :)

'twas a fun meet, a noble meet... an oddly exhausting meet!

I'm glad I came to this meet, despite not really being in a theme park mood! Great to meet new people and chat with a few! Sorry if I annoyed a few, I'm always like an "obstructive 7 year old" on meets! :p

But I love you all and cannot wait to see you all at scarefest! and hopefully hear Joelio's voice once more! :p

TST's Staffordshire Sandwich: 25-27 August 2012

What a great weekend. I wasn't really feeling the prospect of AT/DMP having just come back from my holidays, but it was a really, really fun weekend. I am glad to have been a part of TST's first official meet up!

There were, in total, over 50 people in attendance over the three days which is a remarkable and amazing number!

I enjoyed both post-park meals, loved being at DMP until about 8pm, it was almost surreal looking at the watch and remembering that I was at a UK park... the retheme of Alton Towers to serial killers through the ages was also a very amusing way to pass the Monday!

Thank you to everyone for attending!

Awesome weekend guys! Thanks so much to everyone who made it so awesome :D

Highlights
  • Seeing everyone for what feels like the first time in ages
  • Soggy Air (When Air is wet does that make it Condensation? ;) )
  • Dan's cover of the new G-Force playlist :p
  • Nats car sprouting wings driving to Drayton!
  • BBC Radio 3 rave
  • Dan's screaming from Poccy
  • Shockwave and G-Force <3
  • Hover Hand (Photo coming soon ;) )
  • Badger getting all wet over Nemmy ;)
  • RMT Mispark
  • Duck Paté
  • Ducks in general
  • "I'm mushroom, you're badger, and you're snake"
  • Drayton entending ride close by 1:30hr :D
  • Alton rethemes ;)
  • Being able to join everyone on Monday at the last minute
  • Hugs, as always :p
  • Trying to follow Nat driving to Maccys... :p

Lowlights
  • Hex's madhouse making The Haunting look insanly well maintained!
  • The weather on Monday
  • Not managing to do Stormforce
  • Extreme lack of mobile coverage over most of Stafford on Sunday
  • Steak at Eatting Inn comprising of a slab of fat and very little meat
  • Sat Nav getting me epically lost trying to find the meal on Sunday night!
  • Seeing Drayton hit capacity for the first time I can remember
  • Not getting chance to say bye to everyone :(

Thanks
  • Nat and Mankey for accomodation :D
  • Vik, Nat, and Craig for playing convoy leader!
  • All you lot for coming :D

I dare say I'll think of more befor too long and add them :D

Would just like to say a big thanks to everyone for a great meet, was lovely seeing you all as usual in glorious 3D HD and hearing you all in sensual Dolby surround sound!

Highlights
Dan and Dom's G-Farce dance
Hover handing et al
Nice pub food!
...and plenty more besides

Lowlights
Rain
My voice!

Special Thanks
Nat for lifts to and from the parks
Ian for lifts to and from the parks
Craig and Dom for lifts to and from the parks