• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Sandwich Meet: 25-27 August 2012

Only going towers (both days). Weather is looking a bit iffy, but we will see what it brings. Looking forward to it now. I assume we are meeting in Splash on Saturday?

Sazzle said:
Just thought I'd put in a quick post about the Rugeley Travelodge plan that some of us have got going on. I know it seems a bit rude of us not to stay in Stafford with everyone else, but they had sold out of Family Rooms, and had only doubles left :(!

Rugeley Travelodge (aka AstroTowers overspill) was the nearest Travelodge with family rooms available. I felt a bit guilty having to swan off elsewhere, but my purse really does rule my life at the moment :'( sad times. Joel even had to pay for my dinner last week. I'm not kidding *sobs* (;)).

SOOOOOO looking forward to seeing everyone :D not sure as I can face dragging myself out of bed at some stupid hour to arrive for ERT on Saturday... we shall see. I'll catch up with you all as soon as I arrive anyway :). Bogof voucher for Drayton? Oohh yes :D.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

DAT WUDN'T HAPEN AT OYROPA!

Seriously it wouldn't.

Am gutted though, but hey. I ended up booking a double room in Stafford. Wanted a family but ah well! The fact of the matter is we get to see you still! I'm so excited it's unreal! Setting off in about 4 hours.

Guys I have bad news.

I might also be doing Monday of Sarnie along with Saturday.

I have to second Saz's apology re: Rugeley Travelodge (though it's all lies, we're really just antisocial and hate all of you), but hopefully we'll be able to have some kind of meal-based socialness after the parks, or something! :D

Really excited for this now, just need to get around to packing up my stuff and sorting out my train tickets!

It'll also be awesome to see meet newbies in the form of Lottie, Jem and Carla (it is your first meet, isn't it? :p) Hope you guys are all sorted when it comes to having someone to contact, and that we don't scare you all too much :)

Bring on tomorrow!

Magrathea said:
It'll also be awesome to see meet newbies in the form of Lottie, Jem and Carla (it is your first meet, isn't it? :p) Hope you guys are all sorted when it comes to having someone to contact, and that we don't scare you all too much :)

It'll be just as awesome to meet you guys too. I think I have everything all prepared for my long drive on Sunday after work. Bring on Monday! :D

Mike said:
Still got a BOGOF voucher for Drayton going (half!) unused - drop me a PM if you havent yet got a park ticket :)

Failing that, I'll buy my own ticket online before the £20 offer ends.

If this isn't claimed already, can I use the other half of the ticket? :)

I'm still not feeling well so I am going to give this meet a miss :( Hopefully see most of you at the North meet.

Magrathea said:

Bring on tomorrow!

It will be our first meet! Lets hope the world does not end before Sunday.

Don't suppose anyone has thought about what time people may be arriving at Drayton on Sunday? The park opens at 9.30am but the rides don't open til 10.30am. See you all on Sunday anyway!

:)

Would anybody like a DM ticket for Sunday unable to go due to work for £15 including car parking ??

BigDave said:
Apparently we are meeting at 8:45 at Splash Landings reception on the Saturday. This correct?

We can do if people want to. I will be in Splash from 8AM if people want to meet.

BowMan said:
I'd love to be able to go to this but I'm only twelve. :( I'll have to get on a meet in the future.

Your welcome to come, but I'm fairly sure that we use to have some guidelines over on the other forum, which basically said that if your under 18 you would need permission and anyone under 16 should bring an adult with them (or something like that). Haven't seen any guidelines for this forum, but I'd guess the same would still apply.

Tom, I will try and get to splash for around then as I know a few others are going at that time.

I'm really excited for this, yaaaay.

Looking forward to Drayton on Sunday, it'll be a nice change from Towers. Somebody needs to hold my hand on Stormforce though, I still hate the thing.

Stooooooooormforce <3

It's still my favourite ride at Drayton :p Looking forward to hopefully getting a few rides on Shockwave in too :D

Jem8472 said:
Lottie. said:
I'll be doing ERT at AT on the Monday (I'm also just attending the Monday). So let me know if anyone else is and then we can all decide on a place to meet :)

Well my plan will be to be at Towers street for 9am opening, do they still let everyone through the turnstiles and then hold people at the bottom of Towers Street?

If so I would suggest meeting at the bottom of TS near the big queue time board.

http://prntscr.com/e77n5

Also I will be at the Thomas land entrance to get my tickets at DM.

Sorry didn't see this to reply. We're going to go for ERT so can meet you there. Will see if anyone else is going to be up for it. If any of you guys want my number I have a few of the other TSTers on my phone so will be able to contact the rest of the group!

I think most of us will be doing ERT, but I think we are meeting at Splash at around 8:45 and then heading over to the park soon after.

BigDave said:
BowMan said:
I'd love to be able to go to this but I'm only twelve. :( I'll have to get on a meet in the future.

Your welcome to come, but I'm fairly sure that we use to have some guidelines over on the other forum, which basically said that if your under 18 you would need permission and anyone under 16 should bring an adult with them (or something like that). Haven't seen any guidelines for this forum, but I'd guess the same would still apply.

Tom, I will try and get to splash for around then as I know a few others are going at that time.

There's never been a rule to bring an adult! But obviously it's essential if you're under 16 it's important that a responsible adult knows where you are and who you're with, and I'm sure members will be happy to chat to concerned parents if that's an issue! Equally though it's important to be aware that the majority of members on meets are 15+, not that this should put you off in the slightest, it's just important to bear in mind if that age difference would be intimidating :)