• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Sandwich Meet: 25-27 August 2012

That link is for TT's meetup shoutbox, which admittedly was developed by Joel. I'm unsure as to whether we'll get one up and running in time for Saturday due to time constraints but will let you know :). For those with Google+ (I know there's a couple on there :p) then there is a Staffs Sandwich Google+ event which will allow updates and photos to be posted during the event if you wish to join that. It's intended to be very much a test of how it works for this meet, especially since this is the first since we've had on park wifi!

Really looking forward to this weekend though, I'll be around on Sunday and Monday - for once being able to have a nice chillout day on Saturday after finishing work before joining the madness :D

Any point in me bringing my swimming stuff? Or will people not be doing such things this meet?

I've heard about the silly opening times

Well I don't think I'll be doing any swimming, but I can bring swimwear anyway if there's enough demand ;)

To people who are new on meets i'd recommend grabbing another more stable meet attendee's phone number so you can use them as a port of call.

Would anybody be interested in eating at the Eating Inn at Milford Common on Saturday evening?

It's about 10 minutes down the road from the Stafford Ctl Travelodge and also about 10 minutes from
the Rugeley Travelodge, where I know quite a few are also staying.

There is also a small funfair on the common over the weekend!

Address: 28 Main Road Milford, Stafford ST17 0UW

http://www.eating-inn.co.uk/house/barley-mow-stafford

Could do a count on Saturday daytime for those interested and I would ring them to book a table for around 8pm.

For Sunday night, after Drayton, perhaps the Whittington Arms could be an option? Last years visit to the Malt House was awesome, but it was a little pricey.

Definitely liking the sound of the Barley Mow for Saturday eve and heh, Malt House, lovely place but those prices were a bit ridiculous for the eyes. The Whittington Arms does also sound decent.

I'm up for that too!! Not sure how I'd get there though I'm spending most of the weekend being driven by nat I think so its all down If she wants to! But I deffo wanna do that! :)

I'm stopping with Nat, so if she isn't going I can give you a lift to and from Barley Mow and we'll all end up back at Travelodge :)

I will certainly see if I can join you guys for a meal on the Sunday night however I will be travelling straight from work - atm I'm not sure if I'm finishing at 4 or 5 lol! And I will have to see how traffic is as well. :)

As it says in the who's going topic, I will be there on the Sunday at Drayton and the Monday at Towers; staying at Rugeley Travelodge overnight. Can't be there on the Saturday as I am at a football match! Hopefully it will be a good meet, I just hope we have some nice weather!

:)

Jem8472 said:
Should be up for a meal after Drayton, but we wont be up in time to do a meal on Saturday evening.

The whittington arms looks like they have a nice menu! venison burger! :D YUM

Just seen this on their menu:

Reclaim Sunday and make it your day.
Heard about our legendary Sunday Platter?
Give it a try - all your favourite juicy meats
piled high on a platter, bowls of steaming veg,
cauliflower cheese, all the trimmings and jugs of
gravy for lashing. So you can dive in and pinch
your favourite bits!

Sounds awesome!

Just thought I'd put in a quick post about the Rugeley Travelodge plan that some of us have got going on. I know it seems a bit rude of us not to stay in Stafford with everyone else, but they had sold out of Family Rooms, and had only doubles left :(!

Rugeley Travelodge (aka AstroTowers overspill) was the nearest Travelodge with family rooms available. I felt a bit guilty having to swan off elsewhere, but my purse really does rule my life at the moment :'( sad times. Joel even had to pay for my dinner last week. I'm not kidding *sobs* (;)).

SOOOOOO looking forward to seeing everyone :D not sure as I can face dragging myself out of bed at some stupid hour to arrive for ERT on Saturday... we shall see. I'll catch up with you all as soon as I arrive anyway :). Bogof voucher for Drayton? Oohh yes :D.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I am so pleased with the number of people attending the forthcoming meet! Almost 50 now, this figure being testament to the loyalty of our members since the difficulties of June.

I really look forward to seeing everyone at Alton Towers and/or Drayton Manor!

May it be a fantastical weekend!

:D

Mankey said:
I'm up for that too!! Not sure how I'd get there though I'm spending most of the weekend being driven by nat I think so its all down If she wants to! But I deffo wanna do that! :)

Well I don't know anywhere else to eat in the area so will be a yes from me, as I like pub grub.