• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's European Junket Meet: April 2014

Re: NEXT MEET: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Discussion

After this junket meet I think I'm going to leave the forum for a while kind of lost interest in theme parks but I will see what happens. I just need a rest it might just be towers making me feel like this

Don't worry I will be back

josht said:
After this junket meet I think I'm going to leave the forum for a while kind of lost interest in theme parks but I will see what happens. I just need a rest it might just be towers making me feel like this

Don't worry I will be back

This would be said to see, it is probs Towers in your case, you go way too often! All these Sunday minimeets! :)

Right before I confirm to just doing EP

Does anyone have a space in there car that can get me to Phantasialand to Holiday Park to EP and TripsDrill, and back to EP (Even better a pickup from the UK, this would defo be on your route, can bare without that part through)

And the same for the Hotels, any spaces going for the Phantasialand hotel? Is everyone staying here one night or 2, or using a hotel on route has it's a long drive?

Or Alterative Parks & Hotels if you doing something else, I can start the road trip earlier if you are, than anyone else.

I know this is all very unlikely.

This is hypothetical at the moment, but as time is running out, I thought it wise to mention it.

As most of you know, I am going on the EP part of the Junket with my husband, and the DLP part the following weekend.

Ste recently had to renew his passport, and the new one hasn't arrived yet! It should arrive in time. However, if it doesn't, I will be going without him, at least to EP.

I just wondered if there's anyone wanting to go, last minute, who would want to take his place if this happened? I'm really hoping the passport turns up in time, because I do really want to share my first time at EP with him.

Amy - there are ways to pick up a passport earlier. Liverpool would be your nearest passport office.

Dave - unlikely as it's very last minute. Our car is full for the holiday and has been for 6 months, sorry!

Can't believe it's only 10 days away... :D eeek, first time driving abroad and all...
I keep wondering if I've forgotten anything, but I now have a new sat nav, euro requirement bits for the car, hotels & Le Shuttle all booked... We haven't bothered with pre-booking park tickets, so I think just the iPod playlists are left to sort out! :p Oh and packing. *not got a clue*

Thanks so much Dan too for organising Tripsdrill - it sounds awesome! (and I can't believe they're fine about us not paying on the day either!)

Safe to say we'll see you all at EP then! (as we're still doing the 'W' of WANTED instead of the change to PhannyLand/HoPa). Country Roads... take me home...

Just a quick update for you all regarding meal bookings for the Europa-Park leg of the trip!

Friday, 18th April @ 8pm: Silver Lake Saloon (booked for the 14 people arriving early evening by car)

Saturday, 19th April @ 8:30pm: Harborside Buffet, Bell Rock (booked for the whole group excluding Danny and Kim)

Sunday, 20th April: No group plan

Monday, 21st April: No group plan

Tuesday, 22nd April: Cars travelling to Ibis at Besancon - meal choice to dependent on Europa-Park closing time.

Panic over. Ste's passport arrived today ;D

So excited. I cannot believe it's so soon!

Lol I think you need to revisit your schedule Dan - didn't this error with the dates crop up when this trip was first planned?!

Apologies; they are correctly booked!

:)

Some of us are missing the Silver Lake Saloon sosche.

this saddens me :(

For those hunting down slightly cheaper Parc Asterix tickets, the cost being £35.78, then 365 Tickets also offers to print at home instead of postage. Although the slightly cheaper-ness is lost once you see the charges for payment methods.

As we are doing EP and DLP as separate weekends, can anybody advise me on the cheapest/best way to travel from CDG airport to DLP please? We are staying at the Kyriad Hotel.

^ You'll want to take the TGV straight from the airport for the quickest and easiest route. http://parisbytrain.com/tgv-train-cdg-to-eurodisney/?no_redirect=true

You can get there for a couple of Euros less by taking the RER (Paris' vastly inferior and nonsensical version of the Underground), but instead of 15 minutes it'll take about an hour or more depending on how often you get lost. So it's not worth the saving.

The station is right in the middle of the Magic Kingdom entrance and the Disney Village, but the Kyriad is a good 45 minute walk from the entrance. I think there's still a relatively frequent buses that take about 15 mins though (the bus station is next to the train station on the Village side).

Hope that's helpful!

We'll be going to Silver Lake probably on the Sunday evening

Rowe said:
For those hunting down slightly cheaper Parc Asterix tickets, the cost being £35.78, then 365 Tickets also offers to print at home instead of postage. Although the slightly cheaper-ness is lost once you see the charges for payment methods.

I only paid €38 (£31) on the Asterix website using a 'Billet Fute'

Amy - as Paradox says. Ultra quick TGV from Charles de Gaulle to Marne la Vallee. Pre book on the TGV Europe website.

:)

AstroDan said:
Tripsdrill Itinerary: 21st April 2014

8.00am Breakfast at Europa-Park

8.30am Depart Europa-Park

10.15am Arrive Tripsdrill
- Free time to explore park/rides

1.00pm Lunch (included)

2.00-3.30pm Behind the Scenes (included)

3.30pm Free time to explore park/rides

Leave at anytime. Park closes 6.00pm.

PAYMENT:
Payment will be due at the end of April - after the trip. Tripsdrill will invoice me based on the final numbers in attendance at the park on the day.

I will probably have to pay via International Bank Transfer which costs extra so the end price per person is likely to be £30.00.

I will send participants payment details following the end of the Junket but you will need to commit to paying by 1st May.

Thank you all!

Where does one commit? I would like in on this! :)

I have said i'm here on the official attendance documentation! so all should be well...

Numbers isn't the problem.

They will only charge for the number of people that arrive on the day.

Tripsdrill taking the lead here in the theme park industry by being the first to offer two years interest-free credit on tickets.

Just wanted to say have a fabulous time to all going on this trip - I am immensely jealous but look forward to reading all the trip reports! Enjoy! :D :D :D

I actually cannot wait for this trip! Finally get to see you all again since last year and new parks to explore including the one park that is raved about on this very forum! ;)