• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's European Junket Meet: April 2014

Re: NEXT MEET: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Discussion

Now I am EVEN MORE GUTTED I am not going!

Seriously good work from Astro there!! I do hope you all have a wonderful time I really do :)

As everyone's said, good work on the Tripsdrill front, Dan :)

Feel a bit bad that I'm only doing half the day there now, I know it's a little antisocial, but I'm travelling independently on the Monday, and had already promised my passengers some EGF as well as some Karacho (which, it must be said DOES look like the sort of thing I'm going to love!)

I've had two or three messages from people asking me about the car space situation in the last few days, and my plan's still the same, just to clear that up :) For Tripsdrill, I'm not your man, but for a fairly intensive road trip and more coasters, I AM :p

In other news, SO close to being completed sorted for all of this now :)
Just waiting on EP and Nigloland tickets, Euros and satnav maps :D

WillG said:
As everyone's said, good work on the Tripsdrill front, Dan :)

Who is in your car?

As I presume those won't be taking part in the group activities at Tripsdrill.

:)

I know, sorry about that :(
At the moment, it's me and Tarin, but as I say, I've had a few messages from people interested in the other three seats; everyone's being a bit non-commital though.

Also, ordering tickets from Nigloland was tricky without the use of google translate!!

I won't be attending Tripsdrill, as I honestly do lack interest in visiting the park, and instead plan to spend that day as being one of rest! Or dark rides, I don't quite know yet.

The day at Tripsdrill is coming together quite nicely now. It certainly seems to be a park full of pride and passion.

I am hoping to arrange the BTS for the afternoon at some point - currently working out timings with them for out day!

I would expect we will need to leave Europa-Park by 8:30am.

:)

Does anyone have space in EP hotels for Fri, Sat and Sunday? Would need to leave Monday night sometime.

And maybe someone with a seat left in a car for a lift to Tripsdrill and back?

pritchardavid said:
Does anyone have space in EP hotels for Fri, Sat and Sunday? Would need to leave Monday night sometime.

I believe there may be space in the room I'm in with Mike and Ashlee, but you'll need to contact Mike to confirm that.

Jonathan said:
pritchardavid said:

I believe there may be space in the room I'm in with Mike and Ashlee, but you'll need to contact Mike to confirm that.

That would be good! I'll message him! Thanks :)

Who else fancies a Waffel-Berliner sosche at EP for one of these babies?

leseobjekte.html

:D

I presume this is the Waffle House just outside Italy towards the panorama train station?

Yep! Expect me to pick one up as soon as we get on park for the first day! ;)

Right I can get EP accommodation, not a problem :)

However is anyone arriving Friday night for EP to share a shuttle?

And same again for Monday bank holiday night.

Even one way would be a improvement!

Would like to avoid trains if possible, knowing me, I miss the train or get on the wrong one lol.

Can't stay any longer cause work will not give me that time off!! :(

I can do any days before EP depending if any one has free spaces in cars/accommodation, etc
Don't mind doing different/extra parks too, extra credit! :)

Rowe said:
Yep! Expect me to pick one up as soon as we get on park for the first day! ;)

Yum Yum ;D Will need to try this!......... Stop making my hungry Rowe :)

Tripsdrill Itinerary: 21st April 2014

8.00am Breakfast at Europa-Park

8.30am Depart Europa-Park

10.15am Arrive Tripsdrill
- Free time to explore park/rides

1.00pm Lunch (included)

2.00-3.30pm Behind the Scenes (included)

3.30pm Free time to explore park/rides

Leave at anytime. Park closes 6.00pm.

PAYMENT:
Payment will be due at the end of April - after the trip. Tripsdrill will invoice me based on the final numbers in attendance at the park on the day.

I will probably have to pay via International Bank Transfer which costs extra so the end price per person is likely to be £30.00.

I will send participants payment details following the end of the Junket but you will need to commit to paying by 1st May.

Thank you all!

Wow only 15 days :)

pritchardavid said:
Right I can get EP accommodation, not a problem :)

However is anyone arriving Friday night for EP to share a shuttle?

And same again for Monday bank holiday night.

Even one way would be a improvement!

Would like to avoid trains if possible, knowing me, I miss the train or get on the wrong one lol.

Can't stay any longer cause work will not give me that time off!! :(

I can do any days before EP depending if any one has free spaces in cars/accommodation, etc
Don't mind doing different/extra parks too, extra credit! :)

There is a group of 9 of us arriving on Friday evening. We have a shuttle booked that can fit you in! Our flight arrives at 21.05.

Ste and I are coming home on Monday too, we are being picked up from EP by the shuttle at 11am if that's any good for you?

Let me know, and I'll amend the bookings if needed.

AstroDan said:
Payment will be due at the end of April - after the trip. Tripsdrill will invoice me based on the final numbers in attendance at the park on the day.
Wait, what? Tripsdrill are letting you pay after the event??

Amazing :eek:. Tripsdrill are incredible :)

As much as I hate spammy posts like this, I realised while I was at the bank getting Euros: for the first time in over three years, I'm actually excited about a foreign theme park holiday! :)

As soon as I've got my satnav behaving how I'd like it to, I'll be all set, and we all know how I love it when a plan comes together. Just want to fast forward the next two weeks and get there now!!