• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

UK Politics General Discussion

What will be the result of the UK’s General Election?

• Other Result (Please specify in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
None of this new.

You only have to watch a few episodes of who do you think you are to know migrants have been treated poorly since forever.

The question remains to those who are rioting.

What are you doing?
Why are you doing it?
What's the end game?

I'm also shocked and yet not shocked at the age of some of those who have been awoken by the plod and arrested.

It's almost laughable and simplistic to suggest that this is anyone's fault other than the perpetrators themselves and the terroristic cult leaders (possibly some foreign or outside influence as well) pulling their strings with social media lies and conspiracy theories. The same way that the 2011 riots and looting had anything to do with the shooting of Mark Duggan or poverty.

Our broken immigration and asylum system is a serious debate that's completely separate from this. If Starmer recalled parliament, it would just give Farage and chums, who act as these thugs' political wing, a platform. That's appeasement and giving in to violent mobs.

When violent racist holligans kicked off at the Euro 2020 final, UEFA didn't have a "serious debate" about letting England win the next one. If they did, it wouldn't have worked anyway. Far right scum are never satisfied, they never have been and never will be, I thought we learnt that as a country in the 1930's? Clearly not it seems. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

The very idea of giving in to these animals by having a debate on their terms because they've purposely used the murder of 3 innocent little girls to do this makes me feel sick to my stomach. How must their grieving parents feel right now?

Not just the 3 who were murdered, but all the other families who survived then have to deal with the physical and mental problems that come with the incident. Or those who attempted to intervene.

Seeing people carry this out in their name? I'd feel sickened that these people feel that they speak for me.

But it's easier for governments to make immigrants the scapegoat than to actually do anything about it. Especially as it distracts from their own actions of stripping the country of most of its infrastructure.

I would go as far as saying that Starmer’s response to recent events is the epitome of being “dictated to by the minority”. This government, and indeed the ones that came before it have fostered a culture where wronged communities who abide by the law are ignored, and those who riot are rewarded.

Where was the response to the recent riots in Leeds? Or the storming of the police station in Rochdale? Or indeed any violence deemed to be committed by the “left”. Going back to the recent unsavoury scenes in Leeds, I believe the police literally ran away and the Home Secretary’s response was watered down incase she offended anyone. If some ever doubted that two tier policing was a thing in this country, it’s now clear as day for all to see. In the recent days, I’ve seen footage of Police telling young Muslim men to go and leave their weapons at the mosque. I’ve also seen some harrowing incidents committed by similar groups, but Starmer seems intent on selectively talking about said public unrest, and refuses to condemn ALL who indulge in mindless acts of violence.

The people see the different police treatment and they feel victimised and ignored. They feel helpless that children are being massacred in their town, and helpless that unknown undocumented (and potentially dangerous) foreign men are given free food, housing and healthcare when so many of them struggle to work & feed their kids.

It’s not just the government and the MSM that are dictated to by the minority. You only need to take a close look at the appalling Rotherham grooming gangs saga to see that the abuse went on for years and years as a result of the authorities being scared of being labelled racist if they tackled it.

To me, mass (illegal) immigration was the number one issue in the run up to the recent election. The majority of people I know are also of the same opinion. It’s also glaringly obvious how much of an issue it is across Europe as recent events in France, Hungary and Italy show, and if Trump gets back in to the White House, I believe that his stance on Immigration will have played a key part in him doing so. To put it simply, such widespread support for these “right-wing” parties isn’t the result of millions of downright fascist racists ticking a box in the hope that Immigrants will be eradicated. In the vast majority of instances, it is normal hardworking people, who are fearful of what their (and their Children’s) futures, and nations will look like unless some control is applied to a system that has simply become out of control.

“Stopping the boats” become a key talking point of the general election, and rightfully so for a number of humanitarian and ethical reasons, as well as ultimately the prevention of criminal activity. Let’s not kid ourselves..the vast majority of people on these boats are young men who are often not fleeing countries currently actively engaged in war, and are also not waltzing in to roles as Doctors, Teachers, Paramedic’s etc.

There was some discussion previously about cultures being displaced, and demographics changing. I appreciate that the impact of this is likely to not be felt by a large number of you, but I live in London, and it’s plain to see that some areas/neighbourhoods have changed to the point that they are practically unrecognisable. Spare a thought for the people who grew up in these areas only to witness it all change, without them having any say in it

Although lots of people who choose to come and live in Britain embrace Britain, and the hospitality and culture it offers, there are large numbers of people, and whole communities who keep themselves to themselves, and have no interest in assimilating in to British culture. You only need to take a trip down to Speakers Corner in Hyde Park to see some of the hatred and extremism that is spewed from people who outright despise British/western culture.

We are often led to believe that diversity is our strength, but when said diversity is impacting people’s lives and futures, then that is surely a problem. Elections increasingly seem to concern events in foreign countries, and not things currently happening here in the UK.

I’m well aware of the positive effects that a functional Immigration system offers, but illegal immigration is through the roof, with the numbers likely being far greater than what we are told by the powers that be.

I imagine this post will go down like a lead balloon on here. Please note that personally, I do not condone the recent riots one bit, and there’s no excuse to hurt police officers or innocent civilians, or to burn cars and buildings no matter what colour or religion you are.

Two tier policing is a myth.

The Leeds riot was triggered by a focused local issue and arrests occurred afterward, it’s just the media got bored of the story. Riot arrests nearly always occur days and weeks later as it’s safer to contain the violence, record the events then arrest people at a later date.

It’s the same with the idea violence on the left is ignored. The Gaza protests were mostly peaceful but again people who were not were arrested at a later date but again the media had got bored by the time those arrests occurred.

Policing errors have occurred and the police have in the past been pressured by concerns around being called racist, but then they also were pressured by rich white people not to look at their crimes (ranging from serious sex crimes (Saville) to financial crimes). We shouldn’t let the police off from those errors but suggesting a conspiracy of two tier policing is just stupid:

Illegal immigration by definition has not occurred because the previous government stopped processing claims, you are only an illegal immigrant once your claim has been processed and you have been deemed to not have reason to reside. The solution to a lot of this is getting the claims process up and running as anyone who is not a valid asylum claimant can be removed under international law and those who have a valid claim can be made economically active.

And if people have an issue with the small boats then look at Brexit, we used to be able to send them back, now we can’t.

The issue I see is. They don't want the discussion. Because I think farage knows deep, deep down. He has nothing. During the election, his idea was "get the navy to tow them back." Once asked what happens if France reject, he just gave a blank face. They don't want the discussion. Let the others pull themselves apart dealing with it. I'm not in power.

30p lee is like talking to brick wall.

Me and @Leigh were on board the Amorique last night and when we docked at Plymouth the authorities interned everyone on the ship because of the fighting in the centre of Plymouth. What a wonderful look for the foreign arrivals onboard that they were given Google Maps print outs and roads closed to make sure their cars weren't smashed and them beaten when we were finally allowed off.

1722938923556.png

Nice to see someone finally being locked up for stirring hatred on facebook, and about bloody time.

Jordan Parlour, from Leeds, well done lad, two months...a facebook internet pioneer conviction...unless someone knows better.

Last edited:
Also Katie Hopkins - see was posting all the venues for the protests on X.

Over 100 protests planned tonight apparently.

Police seem to have a better handle on where to target and you do have to wonder if the peripheral idiots will start to get cold feet now the sentences are being publicised.

The complete lunatics will still go but if there are smaller numbers it’s easier for the police to arrest then and there.

Also Katie Hopkins - see was posting all the venues for the protests on X.

Over 100 protests planned tonight apparently.

Is Katie Hopkins even a thing anymore?

Reactions: Tom