• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Orlando (Studios/IOA/Epic Universe) : General Discussion

Although not officially announced one of the Comcast executives let it slip about the Kong attraction, it seems the secret was so badly kept even the executives forgot it was still meant to be a secret.

The plans which where also leaked show the detailed blueprint of the attraction. Including the layout and the use of large IMAX screens and an enormous Kong animatronic, which was a feature in the original Kong ride.

Project340site.jpg

Thinking over it, where would the new Kong go?

The ride will be next to Jurassic Park, it will take place in ride vehicles that look like Jeeps, and will be a combination of the new Kong ride in California and the old Kongfrontation in Orlando. There will be a giant Kong within the show building which will be doing all sorts of awesome things.

There's an update over on WDW Magic.

Team Edit: Removed hotlinked images as they only work if logged into WDW Magic

Last edited by a moderator:
Image update of the rockwork taking shape:

ioH90Xh.jpg

xXq2IVW.jpg

Z9TGWfF.jpg

fBQ11jB.jpg

Bm5GDCg.jpg

OdrANF0.jpg

Images courtesy of OPN where more are viewable.

Now this is a complete rumour started by a well 'sourced insider'. But supposedly Universal have agreed to bring Star Trek to Universal Orlando. The current rumour suggests this project has been fast tracked, with the location of the new area being the Kidzone area or the expansion pad next to that area of the park behind Springfield.

It is also thought to be a large scale rollercoaster, with the current consensus being it will be an outdoor coaster or a indoor clone of the likes of Space Fantasy, both being themed to Star Treck to save on construction time.

Why can't they just build Space Fantasy?

Mind you... something of the beauty of SF even if themed to something else I would welcome!

:D

Reactions: Sam
Paramount London has pretty much announced there will be a Star Trek themed attraction (probably coaster) do you thing Paramount and Universal would put the same ride in Orlando & London and therefore split development costs?

Unlikely as The developers of paramount park are licensing the IP and not directly involved in the project. While I am sure they have some input over final designs being approved to protect their brand they are unlikely to be involved in the actual design of the ride.

I have also heard in numerous places that universal might add a launch coaster themed to fast and furious as one of the next big additions.

Unlikely as The developers of paramount park are licensing the IP and not directly involved in the project. While I am sure they have some input over final designs being approved to protect their brand they are unlikely to be involved in the actual design of the ride.

I have also heard in numerous places that universal might add a launch coaster themed to fast and furious as one of the next big additions.

and Universal would also be licensing the Star Trek IP. Still doesn't rule out the London developers & Universal creative working together?

I also read about the Fast & Furious rumours, given they are building a new F&F section on the tour in Hollywood it would make sense to use some of the tech in Florida too. They have some land between Men in Black and Simpsons that could easily take several more attractions.....

Star Trek is a Paramount IP to begin with. It seems odd that they would let Universal use it when they have plans for a Trek ride at their own park.

Star Trek is a Paramount IP to begin with. It seems odd that they would let Universal use it when they have plans for a Trek ride at their own park.

The park in London has nothing to do with Paramount other than the name, it's going to be run and constructed by a third party who have licensed the name.

Paramount themselves have no interest in developing there own themeparks anymore after there ill fated run and subsequent financial problem mid 2000s.

As far as I can see it makes perfect financial sense for paramount. Harry potter is raking money in for both Warner Bros as well for Universal, and universal operate in the two county's Trek is most popular, US and Japan.

The Lost Continent in IOA is going To go through some of Universal style upgrades, with both posiedons fury and sinbad going to be reworked to improve there experience.

This comes as a bit of a surprise as it was rumoured the whole land would be engulfed by Potter, but thankfully this area will be saved, for a while at leased.

Universal have installed new metal detectors at Hulk and Rip Ride rocket to totally stop loose items being brought onto the rides. It is thought Dragon Challenge will follow and is hoped as a result may duel again in the future.

That's a rather extreme measure! As for Dragon Challenge duelling once again, apparently the relevant equipment to measure the trains to assist with that happening have long since been removed, so I wouldn't put too much stock in that rumour, unfortunately.