• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Veganuary (and beyond?) 2024

Costa have emailed to say they've teamed up with Bosh! to offer plant based savouries and cakes in their stores. For me, this is an improvement as when they partnered with M&S Food (last year?) they removed a lot of their vegan options.
Be careful when browsing the assorted array of cakes though - their labelling is a bit confusing. VEGGIE and VEGAN in tiny writing on the same leaf motif look very similar (or at least to me they do!)

Costa have emailed to say they've teamed up with Bosh! to offer plant based savouries and cakes in their stores. For me, this is an improvement as when they partnered with M&S Food (last year?) they removed a lot of their vegan options.
Be careful when browsing the assorted array of cakes though - their labelling is a bit confusing. VEGGIE and VEGAN in tiny writing on the same leaf motif look very similar (or at least to me they do!)

Don’t Costa still charge extra for soya milk though (in contrast to Caffè Nero, Starbucks, and Pret who don’t charge for it)?

Don’t Costa still charge extra for soya milk though (in contrast to Caffè Nero, Starbucks, and Pret who don’t charge for it)?
I don’t think they charge for soya, but they do charge for coconut/almond etc

Now I'm not slating one side against the other.

But I did find it ironic that Burns Night, (where the traditional dish is Haggis which is about as opposite to veganism as possible) occurs during Veganuary

But there is no real meat in haggis though, and they tend to be grown as wild haggis these days, left to run wild in the fields until the week before Burns night.
Can confirm, I had a pet haggis for a while after a holiday in Scotland. Furry with beady orange eyes… must’ve run off one day as I don’t have him any more

Attachments

• IMG_3311.jpeg
    IMG_3311.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 10
...and to think the tartan army kill them, defluff the poor buggers and roast 'em at 200c for an hour.
No accounting for taste.