• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Belgium: General Discussion

I don’t normally buy fast track style passes at other parks, but Walibi Belgium’s Speedy Pass is such good value that I figured it’d be rude not to. Last year we basically got unlimited rides on everything except Kondaa for only about 45 euros.
It’s a lot more than that this year (price has been the same since the start of this season).

Individual (excludes kondaa) €7 per ride

1 fast track on each ride (inc kondaa) €50

Unlimited fast track (Kondaa limited to one ride ) €100.

Was at Walibi last week and to my surprise the new flat ride has actually opened (technical rehearsals I guess). It was quite a little fun ride and I enjoyed the button to control your own smoke and sound effects.

The new ride is in the place of the dodgems and does look really nice, if a little out of place at the moment. It’s themed to Wild West, but more steampunk. But it’s a little away from the rest of the Wild West area, and the other rides near it aren’t Wild West themed, so does look a little weird location for it. But I guess they may have plans for more rides near it, as there’s still a lot of blank land around it.
IMG_9039.jpeg
IMG_9001.jpeg

Was at Walibi last week and to my surprise the new flat ride has actually opened (technical rehearsals I guess). It was quite a little fun ride and I enjoyed the button to control your own smoke and sound effects.

The new ride is in the place of the dodgems and does look really nice, if a little out of place at the moment. It’s themed to Wild West, but more steampunk. But it’s a little away from the rest of the Wild West area, and the other rides near it aren’t Wild West themed, so does look a little weird location for it. But I guess they may have plans for more rides near it, as there’s still a lot of blank land around it.
IMG_9039.jpeg
IMG_9001.jpeg
I am there for the first time on Wednesday, hopefully get to try it out, official opening is Friday I think as they have some 10pm
Closes next weekend.

How were the queues for your visit?

I am there for the first time on Wednesday, hopefully get to try it out, official opening is Friday I think as they have some 10pm
Closes next weekend.

How were the queues for your visit?
It was really quiet all day. Kondaa was on one train all day, had 10 min queue most of the day, peaking at 25 mins later on.

Everything else was pretty much walk on all day. Was a 7pm close as well and by that point everything had no queues.
Weather wasn’t great all day which I guess could have put people off, however all the parks I visited last week were quiet.

IMG_9039.jpeg
IMG_9001.jpeg
That's identical to the new ride last seaspn at Fraispertuis City.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Had a great fast time visit yesterday, park was fairly busy but didn’t purchase speedy pass. Managed 19 rides, could have done more as park was open until 7pm but we decided to leave at 5, and get the train back into Brussels so we could have dinner and drinks in the centre.

Overall the park was better than I expected, operations were great.

Kondaa is a coaster that warms up during the day, the first ride which was one of the first few trains was good but nothing outstanding. However the other three rides in the afternoon were excellent, the airtime is great. Loving these newer Intamin creations (velicoaster being my fav coaster currently). I look forward to riding Taron for first time next week. Tika-waka was also great, especially the way it goes over and around the footpaths.

Last edited:
Walibi Belgium is investing one million euro into Challenge of Tutankhamon.

Extract from Looopings:

One of the most impressive dark rides in the Benelux will be renovated this winter. Walibi Belgium is investing no less than 1 million euros in renewing the interactive attraction Challenge of Tutankhamon, opened in 2003. After 21 years, many technical parts need to be replaced.

In recent weeks, Walibi has already implemented "several significant changes" , a spokesperson tells Looopings. The thirteen vehicles were all equipped with a completely new chassis. The frames are equipped with new technology from the Dutch manufacturer ETF Ride Systems.

Many original components from 2003 are no longer made today. "It would have led to insufficient capacity for an optimal experience ," the spokesperson explains. “This is the main reason for the technology change.” The safety systems also received a major update. "It was necessary to bring the attraction in line with current standards."
1703451556386.png

Speed
Furthermore, the boarding platform in the station was widened and lowered. The new bases are larger than before. A gray bulge ensures that visitors can bridge the extra distance. "The installation of this extension required lowering the platform ," the spokesperson said. The speed of the carts remained the same.

In the coming weeks, Walibi Belgium will be open for the new winter event Walibi Winter. Maintenance then continues, focusing on outdated parts supplied by the Sally Dark Rides company at the time. The American company was responsible for the shooting system and animatronics.

Second life
Walibi says it is proud that Challenge of Tutankhamon is being given a second life in this way. "The attraction has become indispensable during a visit to Walibi: the numerous decors and interactivity are enthusiastically welcomed by our visitors." Moreover, the ride is covered. "An important advantage during our winter season."

At the opening of Challenge of Tutankhamon, Walibi Belgium was still called Six Flags Belgium. Visitors go through Tutankhamun's tomb in search of an Egyptian treasure, but the tomb turns out to be cursed. With a laser gun, the expedition members must defend themselves against mummies and other monstrous figures from ancient times. If they get enough points, they reach the treasure room.
1703451682097.png

Attachments

• 1703451661205.png
    1703451661205.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
Great news! I was very disappointed to see it in such a sorry state when I rode it. There was clearly a great dark ride in there under years of neglected theming.

Looking to visit this park in the not too distant future following a recommendation elsewhere on the forum.

How easy is it to get to/from Brussels Eurostar station? Happy to pay for a taxi but wondering if it would be difficult getting one back from the park?

Also thinking we'd get an AirBnb somewhere and do the water park too so maybe it would be easier to hire a car with the back and forth?

How easy is it to get to/from Brussels Eurostar station? Happy to pay for a taxi but wondering if it would be difficult getting one back from the park?
A lot easier than it is getting to the likes of Plopsaland by public transport - trains run fairly regularly from Brussels Midi to Bierges (with one change), takes around an hour - the station is literally over the road from the park so no cabs needed.

A lot easier than it is getting to the likes of Plopsaland by public transport - trains run fairly regularly from Brussels Midi to Bierges (with one change), takes around an hour - the station is literally over the road from the park so no cabs needed.

Thanks but I think we’d need a taxi for the Airbnb plus my son is disabled so multiple train changes with luggage would be difficult.

I did it via train last summer and was really easy with 1 change. The tickets tell you which platform you need to be on so really easy. It’s not actually far from where do the change over so could do one train and taxi from there.

There is definitely a hotel near by, one of the common chains, if look in google maps you will be able to see the hotel which is within walking distance

I did it via train last summer and was really easy with 1 change. The tickets tell you which platform you need to be on so really easy. It’s not actually far from where do the change over so could do one train and taxi from there.

There is definitely a hotel near by, one of the common chains, if look in google maps you will be able to see the hotel which is within walking distance

Thanks. Can't stay in a hotel unfortunately so that's another complication.

Tbh as nice as it would be to get the train in theory, with all the changes it probably ends up taking the same time as driving and costs multiple times more.

How did you find the park generally? I watched a TPWW vlog and seemed really nicely themed with great operations.

Really enjoyed the park, I went in August and while plenty of people there, queues were not that big. Did all the major rides, with a number multiple times. There are lots of family friendly rides, along side the thrill rides. The new intamin Kondaa is fantastic, worth a visit just for that. In fact don’t remember queuing much than 10-15 minutes for most things- used single rider for Kondaa and Tika-waka later in the day and walked straight on. Tika -waka and the dark ride challenge of Challenge of Tutankhamon had the longest waits

I enjoyed Brussels as well and will definitely go back and do a city break and visit the park. It was part of a 15 night trip visiting Efteling, phantasia and Europa park (Europa park was only one had been to before) all done via public transport and was really easy considering don’t speak the languages!). But I get that wouldn’t be feasible on your situation.

I traveled to the park straight from Charleroi Airport and it was easy. Shuttle bus from the Airport to Charleroi train station, then a direct train from there to Wavres station just a short walk from the park (though sometimes you’ll need to change trains but it’s very simple). It would also be very straightforward to travel from the centre of Brussels as well, Belgian trains are great.

I loved the park, I didn’t take my kids with me but they would have absolutely loved it. I went last Easter and queues were very manageable all day (and there’s also single rider queues on several of the coasters such as Kondaa, Tiki Waka, and Vampire). It’s one my favourite parks and it feels very rounded in terms of attractions and also very kept with a nice relaxed atmosphere. The theming is nicely done as well, it’s not quite Phantasialand levels but they have some nice themed areas such as the one like an Indian city and the exotic area at the top of the park with Tiki Waka (and I believe they are renovating others areas in the park to bring them up to a similar level).

Went the end of August in 2022, had one day were we arrived early afternoon and were comfortably able to get on all the coasters and the two dark rides (both not to be missed). And the 2nd day were we arrived for park opening and had a great 3/4 of a day before driving straight back to the euro tunnel at Calais.

It's a big park though, a considerable walk from the entrance to Kondaa at the back.