• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Holland: General Discussion

A nice little Before and After shot of the whole process can be found here.

1-untamed.jpg

It is indeed true that the schedule has been adjusted before 1 July. Ultimately, the intention is now that the opening for everyone will take place after the VIP opening. This will probably be somewhere between 14:00 and 15:00.
Update. You may be waiting a while longer whilst watching the vloggers get their YouTube content if your going opening day.

That's pretty crap for people who had been planning to go on opening day for such a long time, expecting Untamed to open in the morning. A pity they can't do what most other parks do and have a media/VIP event on an evening beforehand.

They announced the afternoon opening time back in October when they closed Robin Hood. But yeah surely have the media/VIP event at a different time. Glad I put my visit off to August.

Still, better than Europa holding the CanCan Coasters media event while the parks open but not letting guests on until the next day.

Sorry, still a bit bitter about that.

Tbf it's always a huge risk booking an opening day trip. Makes a lot more sense to wait a week or so.

Still though, why not do the VIP ceremony faff in the morning and give everyone else more ride time.

Untamed has now had its first riders and it seems to be getting very positive initial reviews.

The public opening of the ride is due to happen in 5 minutes time.

Oh my! Praise indeed!

Visited Walibi yesterday and rode Untamed five times. Surprised to see a queue of around 20 mins all day, maxing out at about 40 mins. There were plenty of enthusiasts spending all day re-riding it via fast pass.

Managed to get on the second ride of the day on the back row and was ‘slightly’ underwhelmed after the hype. BUT returned after a couple of hours once it had warmed up and did the front row, which was an amazing ride.

Did the back row again at the end of the day which was a much better experience. But definitely preferred the front.

Must say ride ops were great. Allowing you to chose where you wanted to sit and actually apologising to you that the front/back waiting time was slightly longer.

Highly recommend a trip out. We have done a round Efteling & Walibi trip by public transport from Amsterdam and it’s a doddle.

Last edited:
Visited Walibi yesterday and rode Untamed five times. Surprised to see a queue of around 20 mins all day, maxing out at about 40 mins. There were plenty of enthusiasts spending all day re-riding it via fast pass.

Managed to get on the second ride of the day on the back row and was ‘slightly’ underwhelmed after the hype. BUT returned after a couple of hours once it had warmed up and did the front row, which was an amazing ride.

Did the back row again at the end of the day which was a much better experience. But definitely preferred the front.

Must say ride ops were great. Allowing you to chose where you wanted to sit and actually apologising to you that the front/back waiting time was slightly longer.

Highly recommend a trip out. We have done a round Efteling & Walibi trip by public transport from Amsterdam and it’s a doddle.

Have you done wildfire over in kolmården? Would be interested to hear how it compares as I know a lot rate that RMC as the ride,/RMC in Europe.

Having just returned from a Walibi Holland, I thought I’d share some information with regards to visiting via public transport (also for my own benefit, so I can look it back up when I’ve forgot and return in the future!)

Before travelling, we planned our route to Walibi Holland using the “NS Reisplanner Xtra” mobile app, which is the official travel app for the Dutch Railways. It also gave train prices so we had an idea on how much it was all going to cost.

The website https://9292.nl/ is also very useful planning tool and gives the same results.

In Amsterdam we purchased an “Anonymous OV-chipkaart” for €7.50 and loaded it with enough credit to cover our full trip. You can claim back any leftover credit at the end of your trip from a manned ticket desk.

You can easily take a train from Amsterdam Central or Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to Harderwijk with usually a change of train at either Amersfoort or Utrecht.

Once you have arrived at Harderwijk, it is a short walk to Bus Stop G where you can take the No. 247 Bus to Walibi Holland. On which you can also pay using your OV-chipkaart.

Prices and a PDF of the timetable for the No. 247 Bus can be found at the below website.

https://www.smittravel.com/walibi-express

We actually stayed two nights in Harderwijk and would highly recommend staying in one of the hotels on the shoreline a 15 min walk from the train station.

The chipkaarts are great and used countrywide so using the public transport is so much easier than the UK when going from city to city.

Saturday July 20 and Sunday July 21 Joey Schadenberg goes non-stop in Condor! Is Joey going to stay in Condor for 20 hours.