• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Holland: General Discussion

They've arguably already got the best thrill coaster line up in Europe and this will only add to it.
They have a great thrill coaster line up, sure; but certainly not Europe's best. Untamed is superb, that's a given. But the rest of the coasters? Granted Speed of Sound is arguably the best boomerang (but only given the pairing of track and train with the soundtrack), coasters such as Xpress and Lost Gravity don't really merit a coaster lineup as the best of its kind.

Regardless, it's fantastic to hear we're finally getting a single rail over this side of the pond. I'd have put money on Walibi being a contender for one, and I look forward to seeing how they theme it. Fingers crossed for a multi-park deal and Werewolf has a bit of RMC TLC.

An RMC Raptor will be a great addition to the park, and having on in Europe is good news. Will be interesting to see whether or not it is a custom layout.

An RMC Raptor will be a great addition to the park, and having on in Europe is good news. Will be interesting to see whether or not it is a custom layout.
Yes it is interesting, I think it will probably be a custom layout, Wallibi seem to want to experiment a lot with there additions and I think letting RMC do what they want with the space would probably produce a better ride.
I know I've raised concerns about raptor capacity before and been shut down however I do wonder whether this will have capacity problems? Does Wallibi get busy enough to mean the raptor might struggle with the crowds?

I know I've raised concerns about raptor capacity before and been shut down however I do wonder whether this will have capacity problems? Does Wallibi get busy enough to mean the raptor might struggle with the crowds?
The Raptors aren’t actually as low capacity as you might expect, particularly the ones with longer trains. Jersey Devil at SFGAdv, for instance, has 12-rider trains and a theoretical throughput of 960pph. The park’s minimum target is also allegedly 864pph, which would put its throughput higher than the likes of Rita & Smiler at Towers, and practically level with Oblivion!

Lost Gravity runs 8 person trains. So 4 trains = 36 people, the same capacity as 3 Raptor trains seating 12 people.

Only issue I'd see is were the entrance is to the ride as it'll likely be the 2nd major ride you'd come across in the park after Platform 13.

I’ll be visiting this here next week for my first visit, and it will also be my first ever RMC which is something I’m extremely excited for. The park is open to 11pm so I’m looking forward to some good late night rides on Untamed and Goliath.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of visiting the park during an August weekday and queues might be and whether it’s worth getting a one of Fast Fast Lane passes or not?

I’ll be visiting this here next week for my first visit, and it will also be my first ever RMC which is something I’m extremely excited for. The park is open to 11pm so I’m looking forward to some good late night rides on Untamed and Goliath.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of visiting the park during an August weekday and queues might be and whether it’s worth getting a one of Fast Fast Lane passes or not?

Cant help as Ive not been in August but 11pm close sounds brilliant. Untamed will be absolutely hauling.

Apparently it's been running too fast in the recent heat, so they've had to close off the back few rows.

Going off August 2019 it wasn't too bad with manageable queues.
However that time we invested in the 50% queue time reducing flash pass. Really good as you could physically queue for say Platform 13 whilst virtually queueing for Speed Of Sound.

I've only ever visited in August, and the park has never been that busy. On my second visit Untamed had opened a few weeks prior and did get an 80 minute wait at one point, although it was only running 1 train. As @djtruefitt has mentioned above, we went in 2020 as well and despite the park being relatively quiet, the virtual queue really screwed over our day. Assuming that has all gone, you're almost guaranteed to have a good day. :)

Cant help as Ive not been in August but 11pm close sounds brilliant. Untamed will be absolutely hauling.

Apparently it's been running too fast in the recent heat, so they've had to close off the back few rows.

You weren’t kidding about it hauling! It’s been nice and hot here at Walibi and my word, Untamed was absolutely wild! They didn’t close the last two rows off on the two days that I was on the park but a back row ride on Untamed once it’s warmed up and flying is absolutely superb.

A few things from my visit to the park last week. Overall it wasn’t too busy and was a fairly decent day. Single rider queues were great for the likes of Untamed and Goliath. Much quicker than queing in the main queues.

They certainly have a bit of ride availability at the moment, Lost gravity, splash battle, the train and Topspin were all closed and have been for a while I’m told. However the topspin did open later in the day (with no fountains, I did ask the op and he said they’ve been told they can’t use them). It was still listed as closed on the app all day, even when it was open. But I’m guessing they’re been having issues with it. I actually got stuck on the ride in the air for about 10 mins until a techie got us down.

There is also a cherry picker behind the ride which I guess if for the maintenance the ride needs now.

A few other rides also had various issues throughout the day. But we managed to do all the major rides, some more then once.

Also not really my kind of thing but there’s so much merch at the park compared to my previous visit, and definitely plenty aimed at the geeks, like ride concepts, plans etc on T-shirts and stuff.

Finally I assume the new coaster is going on the go cart area, as that’s got fencing all round it advertising a new ride coming soon.

I got a photo of the land that has been cleared for the new coaster when I was at Walibi Holland a couple of weeks ago:

677B2D32-C561-4EC0-B236-476F7F9DCD88.jpeg

A pretty good size. You would easily get a clone of Railblazer on the site or a custom layout of a similar scale, maybe a bit larger.

Sooo, turns out the RMC single rail may not be going on the site of the old go karts like we all suspected. Looopings are reporting that Walibi Holland will be opening a range of family attractions on the site, including a new Zamperla family coaster with a top speed of about 40km/h. There will also be associated catering and water elements in the area.

I'm not sure that the area cleared is big enough for the above expansion and an RMC single rail, so we may be looking at a different location.

It’s probably not a bad shout, most of the family attractions are focused in one area at the moment, so to split them up should be a positive move.

Didn't they report the single rail would be between Express Platform 13 and Goliath. Hopefully they'll do that and create a full circle around the park instead of the dead end at Goliath.

A proper family coaster is a great idea though, it's definitely something missing from the current ride offering.

That would make sense, and there is a fair bit of room for a coaster in that area. Goliath being all on its own has always felt a little strange.

Didn't they report the single rail would be between Express Platform 13 and Goliath. Hopefully they'll do that and create a full circle around the park instead of the dead end at Goliath.

A proper family coaster is a great idea though, it's definitely something missing from the current ride offering.

The Zierer Tivoli is sad.