• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Warner Bros Australia - New Mack - DC Rivals HyperCoaster

That is a very good creation and I will be happy if the real thing is similar to that! Clearly going to be the best coaster by far in Australia.

:)

The Mack is rising:

c72c0f31d3f8879aa48d69af9a7f5fc7

Source

It seems there's a new Mack coaster being announced every week at the moment, great to see Mack getting a lot of business which will no doubt have an effect on investment for Europa. :D

Can't decide if it's beautiful or a monstrosity, does that pink work? I think so... but then all Mack track looks sublime.

Well I say beautiful and works nicely!

I went here last year and to be fair the park is pretty pants in general as there's not a lot to do. But their coasters were great fun so this will be a nice addition, Macks always are anyway :cool:

Who knew that a pink coaster would look so fantastic? It'd look even better if it were blue imo.

I think I might have added something else onto my list of things to do when I finally decide to visit Australia... :p

Village Roadshow have released more details of this coaster, to be names DC Rivals HyperCoaster, including a video animation:

It will be opening in October this year. Some of the stats:
  • Top speed of 71mph
  • 202 feet tall
  • 4593 feet in length
  • 131 foot tall non-inverting loop
It would also appear that the back row of this coaster will have backwards seats. God knows why they thought that was a good idea but oh well, it might be fun!

I can't help but have a little laugh that they are marketing it as the "tallest, longest, fastest and only HyperCoaster in the Southern Hemisphere"; if it is the only then it is obviously going to be the tallest, longest and fastest!

Says more about the Southern Hemisphere's theme park offering than anything else.

Still - want to try!

It's a shame that there aren't any other hyper coasters near by. Although I suppose if people get bored they can always go and ride the giga coaster at Dream World.
https://rcdb.com/1127.htm

New Zealand is quite sparsely populated so not massively surprising they don't have any major theme parks, but they do have plenty of opporunities for thrills seeking such as bungee jumping and zip wires etc. Gold Coast has some really good theme parks and Warner Bros Movie World was my favourite of these. They have the best Intamin rocket coaster I've been on which starts with a dark ride section through the Metropolis subway during an earth quake (I haven't been to Cedar Point or Great Adventure). There is a very well themed Intamin flume ride (though not quite Chiapas level) and what is probably the world's best wild mouse.

Tower of Terror II isn't the most amazing coaster, but the drop tower down the side is a real rush.

Here is some drone footage showing progress so far:

It really is an interesting layout with so much variety.