• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Watched anything good lately?

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Currently working my way through Shameless on 4. I watched it during its original broadcast and loved it, and haven’t really watched it since the show ended about 10 years ago. Remember, there are 11 series to get through. 🤓

Series 2 of The 1% Club starts a week today on the 15th! Can't wait for it, the first series was brilliant.

Succession, the latest episode was phenomenal.

Really fantastic even by the show's very high standards. I'd not seen the turn of events central to the episode ever depicted in this way, proved extremely effective and emotional.

Amidst the action, couldn't help but observe that Karl looks a little like Roland Mack. Actually, a version of Succession about the Macks could be a winner. Just swap out Roman for Michael...

FsxT5grakAA2XSu

Last edited:
Though if Roland Mack said he was going to go full beast people might think he wanted to start building wooden rollercoasters.

the bit with the kids on the phone effectively saying their goodbyes was a hard watch, and a bit later when Romans asking Ken if he did say I love you to Logan. Just unreal acting from everyone. The boat side of things was more or less one consecutive take from when Roman answered the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good shows I have watched during commuting to work. Only winter/early 2023 (so the list would not be too long)

Alice in Borderland [Netflix] - I did not read the manga, but I really enjoyed this series. The characters are good and the story is thrilling. A few plot holes and other nitpicking. 7/10
Dark (and 1899) [Netflix] - Can't say much because spoiler. Stories about time and space are one of my fav things. 10/10 (but no rating for 1899 bc it got cancelled and couldn't unfold its true potential)
The Last of Us [HBO] - A very good video game adaption. Extended the story in a good way. Phenomenal acting. 9/10
The Sandman [Netflix] - It's nice. Good potential. 7/10
Black Mirror [Netflix] - Some episodes are very fascinating some less but overall it's a good watch. No rating bc every episode is different.

Last edited:
Just watched Derren Brown's Showman on C4, first time it's been broadcast. Incredible. It must be the most succesful example of mass audience memory/consciousness manipulation there's ever been?
It's the first of Darren's shows I've not seen in person for I don't know how long, and having seen that recording I'm gutted I missed it. Presumably it'll be on 4OD, a must watch.

If only he could make us forget about his Ghost Train too.

Just watched Derren Brown's Showman on C4, first time it's been broadcast. Incredible. It must be the most succesful example of mass audience memory/consciousness manipulation there's ever been?
It's the first of Darren's shows I've not seen in person for I don't know how long, and having seen that recording I'm gutted I missed it. Presumably it'll be on 4OD, a must watch.

It was extraordinary live. I watched one of the first shows in stoke and I’m still not quite sure of what I saw. Which I can honestly say I’ve never experienced before and I’ve seen 6 or 7 of his shows now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I assume it went better than the time he tried to make us all be stuck to our seats when watching TV? Probably a bigger failure than his Ghost Train! 🤣

I assume it went better than the time he tried to make us all be stuck to our seats when watching TV? Probably a bigger failure than his Ghost Train! 🤣
I remember that one - I was never sure if I was actually stuck to my seat, or just too curious to see the programme to try and move 🤦‍♀️ Never tried DBGT as I had a few years break from theme parks but plan to watch Showman at some point.

I’ve just finished Shadow and Bone on Netflix. Never read the books, but the programme is interesting enough. Witches, bad guys, Sun Summoner/Saint type things - worth a watch if that’s up your street.

I haven't seen Derren Brown live, eager to go watch his next live show after watching Showman last night. Incredible show, and a lovely homage to his late father.

Yes, but this time it's not for the viewer but those present in the theatre.

Highly recommend Sweet Tooth on Netflix - I really liked it. The bad guy (Abbot) is very cartoony - I can imagine how he looked in the comics. The 12 rating was a bit surprising - fair bit of blood and swears 🙉🙈