• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Watched anything good lately?

Early Doors Rick...one of the best comedy series ever.
Watched every episode at least twice, I have supped in many similar establishments.
Yep, totally agree. I have both series on DVD. A real shame they didn't make a third series.

I also went to see the live stage show when they toured a couple of years ago. Most of the original cast . It was very good.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Watched both series of Ted Lasso (lighthearted comedy/drama about a footballer manager who moves from the USA to England) this week. Very very entertaining. Wasn't too sure if I was going to like it but it actually grew on me more and more as it went on and seemed to get better and better. Defo worth a watch.
Just in time as season 3 starts in March.

Just watched season 1 of the Apple+ show Slow Horses, starring Gary Oldman who heads up a department of MI5 officers who've been sent to 'Slough House' after some sort of failure/error.

Really good plot and cast and it whips along at a great pace. Think it's 6 episodes and it all happens over about 48 hours.
Season 2 is already out and I believe seasons 3 and 4 are in various stages of production.

Anyone watched Ant Man 3? I saw it yesterday and think it's better than the recent films but still Marvel are scraping the barrel a bit now. Looks to get better though as it sets up for future films.

I watched it last week, it’s a good film. I feel like a lot of recent Marvel projects have been ‘good’ and nothing more. Hopefully as they build up the over arching storyline things will get more interesting.

I think the main issue with Marvel since End Game has been the volume of projects they are churning out which has left reduced quality. The ambition is good but they’re clearly wearing things out too thinly.

Anyone watched Yellowstone? Binged it over a couple of months, brilliant series.

For light entertainment Physical 100 on Netflix is fantastic viewing. Squid Game meets Gladiators. It's in Korean and the English dubbing makes for some hilarious quotes.

Finished The Walking Dead. A perfect example of how to drag out a series and rinse every last penny out of it. However it is addictive once your so far in! Another benefit is I will now have more understanding of the Ride 😂

Made a start on Season 1 of Abbot Elementary on Disney+ this week.
Really good so far, very US office esque set up with a documentary crew following the teachers at an inner city school in Elementary. Enjoying the overall ensemble.

Started watching Rise and Fall last night on Channel 4. Seems to be a Traitors-esque “them and us” gameshow but with a different format, although I think it is by the same creators. It’s on every night for 10 days and hosted by Greg James. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it as I really did enjoy The Traitors. :)

I've just noticed Nighty Night is being rerun on BBC 4 at the moment. If you've not seen it and like a bit of dark humour I can't recommend it enough, one of my absolute favourites.