• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Watched anything good lately?

The Traitors on BBC One/iPlayer. It will get you hooked!
I've missed the last two episodes as I've been away, so the first thing I'm doing tomorrow when I'm back is catching up on them. So glad it's already been renewed for a second series as it's fantastic!

With the Xmas break now here I finished two excellent shows tonight's.

Season 2 of Only Murders In The Building (Disney+)

And

Series 4 of Ghosts (BBC), just in time for their Xmas special.

I watched the Christmas special of Ghosts (UK) today, and I have to say, I thought it was excellent! I won’t spoil it, but there were plenty of laughs, and it was also surprisingly moving, particularly at the end!

I’m very much looking forward to the new series that apparently starts in the Spring!

On a somewhat related note, we also recently found the first series of Ghosts (US) on BBC iPlayer. As the name implies, it’s a remake of the British program for the US market, and in many ways, it is pretty similar, with a near identical premise and many very similar characters (for instance, it contains a scout leader killed by an arrow and a trouserless ghost just as the British version does). In terms of humour style, it definitely isn’t the same as the British original, but I think it’s pretty funny in its own right once you get into the characters. I also think it helped that as the series went on, it did start to deviate a bit more from the British source material and do its own thing. Overall, I’d probably say I prefer the British version, but I’d definitely recommend giving US Ghosts a watch!

Just finished watching Peep Show, which is great by the way and I definitely recommend it if you haven't seen it. What to watch next along the same sort of genre?
There's nothing quite like Peep Show !

There's some great content back on iPlayer recently, Early Doors (series 1) is now available - incredibly subtle but extremely well written. It's being shown on BBC4 and is being to iPlayer as the episodes air (two a week).

Also, TwentyTwelve and W1A are back - incredibly clever. If you've worked in the public sector, or a large organisation - you will relate.

If we're talking classic UK comedy that ran for only a short period of time I'd always recommend Spaced over the two seasons it featured almost everyone who'd impact British comedy over the next 2 decades.

Just started watching Tulsa King myself, starring Sylverster Stallone fresh out of spending 25 years in jail his mob bosses send him to Tulsa to start up business there. Really good so far, dryly funny in parts.

We recently finished watching The IT Crowd. It was brilliant! I was unsure if I'd like it, but there were many really funny episodes; a particular favourite of mine is the one where Jen does a speech with a box that she is told by the guys is "the Internet"... that one was hilarious, particularly the ending!

On a side note, I now finally know where that GIF of a guy opening a window and jumping straight out of it comes from...

I also recently watched Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. Being a big fan of the book series, it's something I'd been keen to watch, and it didn't disappoint! The plot is really interesting, and it's one of those series that you don't want to turn off... it's very gripping, in my opinion! It also reminded me how brilliant the book series is and how long it's been since I've read them...

Furthermore, we also watched Wednesday on Netflix not that long ago. In spite of it being under "Comedies", I wouldn't have said it was especially funny per se, but it was absolutely brilliant! It was very gripping, and in a way, it almost reminded me a little bit of the Harry Potter series, which I'm a big fan of!

There's nothing quite like Peep Show !

There's some great content back on iPlayer recently, Early Doors (series 1) is now available - incredibly subtle but extremely well written. It's being shown on BBC4 and is being to iPlayer as the episodes air (two a week).

Also, TwentyTwelve and W1A are back - incredibly clever. If you've worked in the public sector, or a large organisation - you will relate.

Early Doors Rick...one of the best comedy series ever.
Watched every episode at least twice, I have supped in many similar establishments.

Started to watch Our Flag Means Death (BBC iplayer) and very much enjoying it so far.

I found the first (pilot) episode a real slog, how it got commissioned off the back of that I don't know, but I'm glad it did and it's worth persevering as the rest of the series is great.

The most recent episode is one of the best hours of TV I've ever watched.

Up there with anything from The Wire, Sopranos, Band Of Brothers and the like.
I agree I think episode 3 was my favourite so far (but all of them have been fantastic). Which I didn’t expect as, without spoiling too much, it was such a big change from the events of the first game. But incredibly well written. Nick Offerman as Bill was brilliant casting.

Already looking forward to seeing what they do with season 2.

I found the first (pilot) episode a real slog, how it got commissioned off the back of that I don't know, but I'm glad it did and it's worth persevering as the rest of the series is great.
Yeah it definitely picked up after that. Pilot was trying to do too much I thought.

Originally thought it felt like a movie stretched out too much but feel its working well as a series.

Very reminiscent to me of the excellent Aardman film Pirates In An Adventure With Scientists, and the series of books as well.