• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Watched anything good lately?

The new Star Wars Vision series dropped today, which invites different production studios from around the world to create a short Star Wars story.

One of the studios who created a story this week is Aardman, so as a fan of Wallace and Gromit I was looking forward to this episode. The good news is I really enjoyed it, its not the best but it was still good.

Its called "I am your mother" and has a few fun references in it.

For anyone with Disney+, here is a quick link: https://www.disneyplus.com/en-gb/video/0d656d3a-bbed-4aca-9d5e-fcabedf3891e

I saw The Mario movie I felt it was a bit short but it was alright I loved "peaches" and I feel like Jack Black playing Bowser was just amazing!!

I saw The Mario movie I felt it was a bit short but it was alright I loved "peaches" and I feel like Jack Black playing Bowser was just amazing!!
I have also seen this recently and felt it was nostalgic of playing the DS/Wii games as a kid, yet thoroughly inane. I enjoyed it!

So, I was in London this week and tacked on a visits to Babylon Park, Chessington, and the London Eye.

But the main reason for visiting was to see a couple of musicals I'd wanted to see for years.

First up at the Adelphi Theatre it was;

Back To The Future The Musical

A great adaptation of the original film, though they've made some minor changes to help the adaptation. Loads of fun and very funny throughout.

Some great use of the sets and screens for things like the Delorean travelling, but there's a massive 'wow' moment as well which I'm still amazed at.

An added bonus of being at a midweek matinee was all the school kids all going eww when Marty kisses Jennifer near the start.

A few hours later I was south of the river at The Old Vic for;

Groundhog Day The Musical

This originally debuted to great acclaim back in 2016, transferred over to Broadway were it didn't last long.

This again follows the plot of the film as weatherman Phil Connors finds himself stuck reliving the same day over and over again.

The play is amazing, captures the essence of the film. But it's its own thing with how the repeating story is done. Again some brilliant bits of stage craft.

It's only back for a short period through the summer, I believe they hope it's something that they could tour in the future.

We just started watching The Office (US) today, and I have to say that the first six episodes, which we watched today, were absolutely brilliant! Michael Scott is a brilliantly crazy character, and there are many moments of absolute hilarity; I must admit that I do find that style of cringeworthy humour quite funny, and many moments of The Office execute this brilliantly, being toe-curling and hilarious in equal measure!

If this is what the first series is like, then I thoroughly look forward to watching the other series that are still to come!

Something about the name annoyed me so much I put off watching it, but having given in Only Murders In The Building is so damn good. Properly funny, Steve Martin manages not to ham it up so much I want to punch him, and the story is actually an engaging who done it. Quite excited for the new series about to start.

I have started watching Spin City on all 4. Micheal J Fox. Just before his Parkinson's took affect. You can see some early signs in the way he moves.

Only Murders In The Building is great fun, can't wait for the next season. Great to see Martin Short in something like this, don't think he ever became the big name outside of North America like a lot of his contemporaries.

Gonna be diving into season 2 of The Bear tonight myself.

Season 2 of The Bear is excellent TV, great characters all the core cast getting fleshed out much more after season 1. Has some amazing guest stars appearing in it as well.

Ten episodes which I watched over 4 afternoons, already wish I'd taken more time over them. Think my favourite was episode 7 'Forks' which spotlights on cousin Richie.

Halt and Catch Fire..... The whole box set is on All 4 now too. Whatever they are calling it these days.

"Taking place over a period of more than ten years, Halt and Catch Fire depicts a fictionalized insider's view of the personal computer revolution of the 1980s and the early days of the World Wide Web in the early 1990s. The series begins in 1983, just as IBM is cornering the personal computer market with the IBM PC."

For anyone with a remote interest in computers, this is a great watch. Even without a computer interest, the show focuses on the lives and the people, with computers being a back theme. Great acting, really good watch. Surprised and pleased it has ended up on All 4.

Right, Gregg Wallace: The British Miracle Meat
I NEED to see people's thoughts on it (note that your view based on what the papers have said may be different to your view after watching it)
Ok my view:
Ok, it's fake
In terms of the production, it's seriously well made. It take the mick out of Gregg's presenting style and the format of Inside the Factory but it takes cues from the legendary Ghostwatch by using trusted presenters to prank the audience and "A modest proposal" by Jonathan Swift (I remember it from Horrible Histories).
In terms of the point, ok it's a shot at the Tories but it feels about right after austerity and the cost of living crisis. The tabloid furore should be expected given that it's their rival and they're known for not liking this sort of comedy. I know people have complained to OFCOM but this show appears to be within the rules because they've implied most things rather than shown

Right, Gregg Wallace: The British Miracle Meat
I NEED to see people's thoughts on it (note that your view based on what the papers have said may be different to your view after watching it)
My husband and I caught the last ten minutes of this, we were thoroughly confused! Might need to go back and watch it in full. Looked surreal AF.

The Change, C4.

Probably aimed at a slightly older crowd than most people here considering the subject matter, but its a brilliant, clever and very funny comedy with some great heart and message. Reccomend.

To branch away from TV for a sec..I just want to give some exposure to some You Tube channels I follow that I hope some of you will like.

Jago Hazard. Some very good videos on the history of London. Especially when it come to the underground. Not always an easy thing to do.

Adventureme. Just some dude wondering around places that are no longer used or have been rebuilt. Bit Yorkshire centric. Some good stuff on old theme/amusement parks

Wall with me Tim. The bloke that brought you the rather depressing way the hotel looks at AT.

Fascinating horror. Good 10 min videos about truly horrific things that has happened over the years.