• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

WDW Epcot: General Discussion

Might I also add that the building is massive; looks much bigger in person than I expected! I'd say that it looks at least 100ft tall!

Yup it's absolutely massive, 133ft to be exact! Definitely much much bigger looking in person. I knew they were gutting the building, but it's still insane to see right through it like you can now.

We're next going to Florida in August 2021 and this will be one of our most anticipated rides. It looks absolutely insane.

Yup it's absolutely massive, 133ft to be exact! Definitely much much bigger looking in person. I knew they were gutting the building, but it's still insane to see right through it like you can now.
Thanks for the clarification @Craig! So it wasn't my eyes failing me when I thought it didn't look much shorter than Spaceship Earth!

The D23 Expo starts today in Anaheim and at a preview event last night Bob "Cutbacks" Chapek announced some more details of the plans for Epcot.

First of all, here is a look at the latest concept for the park:

asdmncv9823409-1024x585.jpg

A new attraction calle Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” will open and sounds like it will be some sort of interactive water garden:

asldkfj2340975-1024x590.jpg

And in October Disney will be opening a new Epcot Preview Centre which will allow guests to see what the future plans are for the park:

lkjre2934844-1024x606.jpg

Plenty more parks news from D23 coming on Sunday which is when the parks presentation is scheduled.

So Inoventions East is going but not West?

I really like what they are doing in place of East. Adding water and plants in front of The Seas and Land pavilion is a much more fitting build up. And I love a good interactive walk around attraction.

Innovations East is going and that area will have a new festival centre, new starbucks, the new Moana water walk through, and new meet and greet area.

Where fountain of nations is (which is being removed) will be the Epcot Garden and a new Beer garden.

Invovstions west building will stay but the retail and food location will be completely reimagined.

Well that's now it for Illuminations, with the final show taking place tonight. Epcot Forever kicks off tomorrow, along with the opening of the Epcot Preview Center.

For anyone who fancies a late night, Disney are live streaming the show from 1:50am (UK time) on the Disney Parks Blog. Really interested to see how this new show pans out, the pyro/LED kites look really unique!

It's fireworks going up over a lake. The end. I will never understand people who over analyse every aspect of a Disney night time show. Sure they are a nice way to end the day at a Disney park and that's it for me. I don't get the fanboys obsession with them. It's just fireworks guys.

If you’ve grown up experiencing these shows then it will inevitably hold some sentimental value. Just like people love certain movies or the crowds turn up for Rocky Horror Show. This type of entertainment drives emotion in some people if they’ve seen it multiple times and it creates a connection.

I would however say that the new Epcot Forever show looks slightly underwhelming.

While it’s a little underwhelming don’t forget it’s only a temp show bridging the gap between illuminations real replacement show- HarmonioUS. It’s expected the new show will takeover from Epcot forever in May 2020

Im going to get a lot of flack for this but Iluminations reflections of earth was Iboth my and my partners least favourite nighttime show at WDW when we went in May. I can't understand why its so highly rated by folks (my bets are on nostalgia).

It just seemed to me a bit generic and didn't do anything unique like the other night time shows.

Yes, I even preferred Rivers of Light....

it’s only a temp show bridging the gap between illuminations real replacement show- HarmonioUS. It’s expected the new show will takeover from Epcot forever in May 2020

More likely May 2021... You can't get the most return out of a big show in 6 months of performances. It'll still be there throughout 2020, as they have too much other stuff going on at Epcot to mess with that again too.

More likely May 2021... You can't get the most return out of a big show in 6 months of performances. It'll still be there throughout 2020, as they have too much other stuff going on at Epcot to mess with that again too.

Disney have confirmed that HarmonioUS will debut in 2020:
Disney said:
In 2020, following the limited-time run of “Epcot Forever,” the new “HarmonioUS” will debut as the largest nighttime spectacular ever created for a Disney park. It will celebrate how the music of Disney inspires people the world over, carrying you away harmoniously on a stream of familiar Disney tunes reinterpreted by a diverse group of artists from around the globe. “HarmonioUS” will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics, lasers and more.

It's fireworks going up over a lake. The end. I will never understand people who over analyse every aspect of a Disney night time show. Sure they are a nice way to end the day at a Disney park and that's it for me. I don't get the fanboys obsession with them. It's just fireworks guys.

I don’t understand people who like tennis, it’s 2 people hitting a ball at each other and yet people do enjoy it.

It’s shocking I know that folk like different things but at least Disney firework shows are less invasive on the TV schedule than Wimbledon.

Im going to get a lot of flack for this but Iluminations reflections of earth was Iboth my and my partners least favourite nighttime show at WDW when we went in May. I can't understand why its so highly rated by folks (my bets are on nostalgia).

It just seemed to me a bit generic and didn't do anything unique like the other night time shows.

Yes, I even preferred Rivers of Light....

The music is what most people liked, plus it’s not full of IP’s. Besides you can get drunk at Epcot and fireworks are always better boozed up

I don’t understand people who like tennis, it’s 2 people hitting a ball at each other and yet people do enjoy it.

It’s shocking I know that folk like different things but at least Disney firework shows are less invasive on the TV schedule than Wimbledon.

The music is what most people liked, plus it’s not full of IP’s. Besides you can get drunk at Epcot and fireworks are always better boozed up
Cheers. Think that clears it up. Epcot was our least favourite park because if you don't love boozing, shopping and eating your way round the world there isn't much else to do in its current state.

Tee-total fussy eater who doesn't like shopping, reporting in.

I don't rate epcot at all, unsurprisingly.

I must admit, I liked Epcot far more than I thought I would when I went in April, and I didn't eat, booze or shop! Despite this fact, it ended up being one of my highlights of WDW; even though I admittedly wasn't a huge fan of Future World, World Showcase was lovely and just had such a wonderful, calm atmosphere!