• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

WDW Hollywood Studios: General Discussion

Will resist the urge to watch the video. I'm going there in less than 2 years and don't want to spoil it. Never really understand spoiler videos for dark rides either. Why would you want to spoil the surprise? Coaster POV's are a bit different as the layout is visible for all to see anyway.

Wow, just watched the full Rise of the Resistance POV and it looks fantastic. Very hard to say whether or not it comes close to being one of the best dark rides in the world from a video only but what I can say is that it achieves a near perfect blend of both physical and virtual effects. By far the best screen integration on any ride, that is for sure.

I cannot wait to ride it some day!

Full POV! (Spoilers)

The theming and effects are absolutely mind-blowing. They have set the bar VERY high. :)

It truly is an immersive story driven experience. There's lots of classic Star Wars moments but it doesn't feel like a retelling of the films. Just a story from that world.

It seems to have lived up to the hype!

The virtual queuing system on this sounds like a nightmare. Seems like if you're not in the park before 7am there's no chance of getting on!

Wonder how long it will take for them to use a normal queueing system?

I just watched the POV, and I must admit; that looks genuinely outstanding! One of the most impressive dark rides I've ever seen!

I've got to admit, I'm not sure if the whole forced participation thing is for me, but from a technical standpoint, the ride itself looks utterly fabulous!

I've got to admit, I'm not sure if the whole forced participation thing is for me, but from a technical standpoint, the ride itself looks utterly fabulous!

Matt, I know you're a sensitive soul, but this ride appears to have perhaps the lightest 'forced participation' that you might imagine. You'll find more urgency when they suddenly open a closed till at Lidl.

Last edited:
Ah yes; I just managed to watch a "full experience" video as opposed to just the ride itself, and I would call what they do on RotR "themed staff" as opposed to "forced participation". The only reason I said it was because I heard a lot of people refer to "forced participation" during the ride's development, and I was envisaging something along the lines of DBGT/Sub-Terra as opposed to what's actually in the experience now it's open. My mistake!

My point about the ride still stands, though; it looks utterly mesmerising!

It truly is an immersive story driven experience. There's lots of classic Star Wars moments but it doesn't feel like a retelling of the films. Just a story from that world.

It seems to have lived up to the hype!

I'm happy with this.
Would you want it to retell the story since Disney's take over though? I sure wouldn't, in terms of the films, its been butchered.

I'm happy with this.
Would you want it to retell the story since Disney's take over though? I sure wouldn't, in terms of the films, its been butchered.
Of course not being a retteling is a good thing. It's my biggest gripe with Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. That rides a great spectacle but there's no story to it beyond a tick list of iconic scenes. Even the Gringots ride puts you in the story but is really just a retelling of a scene from the books/films. This really is your own little adventure.

I'm not sure if I'm impressed with Runaway Railway or not, don't get me wrong it's brilliant to look at and very well done but I was expecting something that hadn't been seen before. Although it looks a solid addition there's nothing really groundbreaking compared to today's standards.

Compared to the recently opened Rise of the Resistance I think it's slightly lacking given its hype.

If you call something Runaway Railway I expect to get on a coaster train at some point.

Side note, on a mobile phone, once you turn on italics, and then underlined trying to turn italics off, you can't turn them off again.