• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

WDW Magic Kingdom: General Discussion

Tron won't open this year unless it's December. it's way far off from being complete!

It definitely won’t open this year, Disney have said it won’t open during their 50th year celebrations, that takes us upto fall 2022. Insiders have indicated the only work taking place currently is on the canopy all other work has stopped, nothing is taking place inside the show building. Once the canopy is finished no more work will be taking place on the ride until after the start of the next financial year in October.

I don't think they will wait till late 2022 to open Tron but yea it's definitely not opening this year for sure.

In 4 months time the vaccine will have hopefully made a huge impact and they will start to get back to normal.

Guardians could open late this year and Tron for next summer.

I don't think they will wait till late 2022 to open Tron but yea it's definitely not opening this year for sure.

In 4 months time the vaccine will have hopefully made a huge impact and they will start to get back to normal.

Guardians could open late this year and Tron for next summer.
Yh ur right about Guardians now being more likely to open than Tron!

Yh ur right about Guardians now being more likely to open than Tron!

Guardians was always going to open before Tron.
But now everything is pushed back, Ratatouille was going to be 2020 with GotG in 2021 and Tron later 2021. Now Tron is 2022 and GotG probably late 2021, maybe early 2022.

Its going to be interesting to see how much of the Epcot rebuild ends up going ahead now. The front of the park is largely demolished but rumours are they aren't going to build new for a while.

But Disney are concentrating more efforts in fixing outdated representations in other areas. Changes are planned to the Jungle Cruise on both coasts. It is definitely needed at Disneyland California.

New Adventures to ‘Cast’ Off Soon Along World-Famous Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Park and Magic Kingdom Park | Disney Parks Blog (go.com)

The retheme of Splash Mountain is apparently now rumoured to be opening at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World in 2023, to coincide with the launch of a Disney+ series relating to Princess & The Frog: https://www.piratesandprincesses.net/new-splash-mountain-with-tiana-may-debut-in-2023/

So if you’re wanting to get on either of Disneyland or Walt Disney World’s Splash Mountains before they shut, I’d go before mid-2022 or so.

It always seemed like a matter of time.

I've never liked FP+ though - if you can't get it for the key rides you're condemned to wait absolutely ages in a very slow queue as the FP allocations are enormous. The system only really benefits people who intend to spend a large portion of their time on non-ride activities AND are then able to get FP for the rides they really want to go on. If you' just want a day on the rides AND you're staying off-site (forcing you to trawl through the FP scraps after the hotel guests have picked theirs) then you're likely to lose out overall, even if you use as many FP as you can get.

It’s rumoured among Guest Relations cast members to initially be opened up for on site hotel guests only in the interim. They are reluctant to pull the trigger on a full paid service right away, so it’s likely it will remain as is for hotel guests (free to book at 60 days), with a view to other guests being able pay to access the system at 30days or less prior to their visit.

As one of the few who actually quite liked FastPass+ when I visited WDW in 2019, I will be sad to see it go.

However, I can certainly see the benefits of a paid system from a logistical standpoint. It will likely reduce the amount of people using FastPass, therefore meaning that it will have less of an impact on the main queue, and it also means that Disney can regulate its use more effectively, so that the number of FP users is never too excessive. So from that standpoint, it should improve the park experience!

Sorry for double posting, but it’s been strongly suggested that Happily Ever After will be ending “permanently” in September 2021: https://www.disneytouristblog.com/happily-ever-after-ending-permanently/

I thought it was an excellent fireworks show, personally, but I’ll be intrigued to see what Disney replaces it with!

its not really suggested Disney have announced its ending. They announced the replacement show a few weeks back that starts on 1st Oct. it’s called Enchantment. Along with the projections on the castle the new show will also add projection effects all down main street. Launches to coincide with the 50th. Yesterday’s announcement confirms its Will permanently replace happily ever after (although no reason they can’t bring that back for a limited run if they choose to).

Epcot’s new night time show Harmonius also starts 1st October. Replacing Epcot forever, buts that’s no surprise as Epcot for ever was only ever a temporary show until the new show was ready.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but Disney have released a behind the scenes video in which the Imagineers behind the Galactic Starcruiser experience talk about what guests can expect. It sounds incredible! :)

It should help slow down those who buy limited edition stuff to re-sell on eBay. For all genuine park guests it won’t make any difference at all.