WDW Magic Kingdom: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by Rowe, 21st Jan 2015.

1. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    A rumour from Screamscape about a possible future expansion of the Magic Kingdom:
    Would be very interesting to see what they'd go for theme wise with another expansion of the park. Would it be an expansion of an exisiting area like they did with Fantasyland or a new area altogether? IP or non-IP?

:)

2. EuroSatch

EuroSatch TowersStreet Member

There's a lot of underused space there so will be interesting to see what they plan. I'd imagine it would be an entirely new themed area for it to work as it would be difficult to expand on Frontierland, and Fantasyland is already saturated. Perhaps we will see some ideas from the Eastern parks coming over to USA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. tayspru

tayspru TowersStreet Member

There is SOOOO much room back there! There would be even more land available if the park didn't want to operate the Liberty Belle anymore too

[​IMG]

If it is a Frontierland expansion, I would hope for a rapids ride of some kind (to make up for the short length of Kali), or even a revival of Western River Expedition. There's definitely room for a coaster but off the top of my head can't think of what kind, especially as the launch idea of HK's Grizzly Mountain is being used on Slinky Dog over at DHS

4. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

What is in the image would significally cut the size of Tom Sawyer island and they would be building on top of the water way. I don't see it happening easily at WDW (they are using a similar plan at DLR for Star Wars). But the area behind Thunder Mountain labelled Further Expansion probably has more chance of being used

5. tayspru

tayspru TowersStreet Member

I get what you mean, but its no secret that management are desperate to stop any moving traffic on RoA , so I don't think that they would not fill in the area purely to keep the river. The " Further Expansion" plot wouldn't really be accessible without filling in the river somewhere, as the only other option from Splash Mountain and behind BTM is full of pumps and equipment for Splash and BTM , which would be very expensive to move !

6. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Why? (and source?)

LiamC likes this.
  7. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Going through photos from last summer, still can't believe they actually sell these godawful Thomas Kinkade paintings in the Magic Kingdom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

I've seen those for sale in Costco UK too.....

Some of them are pretty naff, but personally I quite like the Cinderella castle pic as it looks close to the real castle in WDW.

9. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Following the incident whereby a boy was tragically killed at Walt Disney World by an alligator at the edge of Seven Seas Lagoon, Disney have gone full Merlin in their reaction. They have begun to remove all alligator references in the parks including the The Tic Toc Croc from the brilliant Festival of Fantasy Parade.

These signs have also appeared across the Resort, here you can see one of those that is positioned every 20-30 feet along The Rivers of America:

[​IMG]
    Source

DiogoJ42 likes this.
    Posted 4th Jul 2016
  10. EuroSatch

EuroSatch TowersStreet Member

I think though had been more expectancy on Disney to that than there ever was with Merlin. A man failing to realise he was on a bridge is kinda small compared to an alligator attack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted 4th Jul 2016
  11. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Isn't it common knowledge over there that water in Florida = death? I mean, not expecting a swamp to be full of gators is a bit like not expecting a bin to be full of wasps.

MaxPower likes this.
    Posted 4th Jul 2016
  12. DiogoJ42

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    I mentioned this in the shoutbox a few days ago, but further details have now been released. For those not aware, Lego have announced they are bringing out a 4,080 piece set of Cinderella's castle from WDW.

Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me get the bloody Flickr images to embed. :/ You'll have to click the link below to see it's glory.

Official blurb:
    Highly doubt I will get it myself, but it's still a rather amazing set!

Full article and smegloads of pictures can be found here:
    http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/07/11/lego-unveils-71040-the-disney-castle-news/

jon81uk and RussellH like this.
  13. Danny

Danny Leicester Melvin Rong

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    That'll be going for plenty on eBay...

Edit: oops, thought they were only exclusive to WDW

Last edited: 11th Jul 2016
  14. Matt Creek

Matt Creek TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    As a Lego collector and Disney fan all I can say is wow!

That will definitely be hitting the purchase table despite costing 1/10 of actually going there.

15. DiogoJ42

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    I'd suggest you start saving your VIP points then! That's how I justified buying the Ghostbusters firehouse AND the Brick Bank when they came out at the start of the year. ;)

16. Wrexham_forever

Wrexham_forever TowersStreet Member

VIP points?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

17. Matt Creek

Matt Creek TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    It's a Lego thing.

For every £1 you spend in Lego stores, you get one point. Spend over £100 and you get a £5 reward towards/off your next purchase.

I'll probably get this when there's a double points offer unless the offerings are generous when it's first released.

DiogoJ42 likes this.
  18. DiogoJ42

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Yeah, it's essentially a Lego loyalty card.

19. DiogoJ42

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Lego have released the "Designer's Video" for the castle:

20. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    There are reports that Disney could be looking to phase out MagicBands in the future, although initially they are looking to bring in updated bands that are slimmer. They have also filed for the use of a puck in the bands, this removeable puck would allow the RFID portion of the band to be seperate from the rest, meaning that it can be attached to multiple bands withouth having to register a whole new band each time:

[​IMG]

Of course Walt Disney World is still the only Disney resort to utilise MagicBands so far and it doesn't seem like there are plans to implement them elsewhere. You'd have thought Shanghai would have been built with all of this infrastructure if Disney saw a real future for it. It is thought that Disney want to go down the smart phone route when to comes to ticketing and MyMagic+. I hope not as the concept of having all of your tickets on a secure water resistant wristband with no battery life to worry about is far more convenient for theme park guests, plus they make money from it!

Dan and Russ like this.