• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

WDW Magic Kingdom: General Discussion

It has been confirmed at the D23 expo that magic kingdom will be receiving their own Tron coaster similar to the one seen at Shanghai Disney in time for the 50th anniversary (2021) of WDW.

This is going in a new area behind space mountain and set to not replace anything. I can't help but feel the ride would of been a better fit somewhere in Epcot instead of them getting gaurdians and have gaurdians in Studios but then again I have never been to WDW.

I am happy this is going to magic Kingdom, a new E ticket ride is much needed, plus stthe studios already getting Toy Story land, Star Wars Galaxy edge and the mickey and Miney runaway roller. Between 2017 and 2021 all Disney world parks will have had major expansions and rides with massive transformations at Epcot and Hollywood studios.

It's a fantastic amount of investment going on and prob most they have ever invested into the WDW parks at once. In fact the 2017-2021 investments will be costing as much as would be to build a 5th park. Helps make up for the underinvestment over the past decade or so.

Strong rumours have surfaced that Disney are looking to add a Tron Lightcycle Power Run clone (from Shanghai) to Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom. This would either replace or go behind the existing Tomorrowland Speedway and be likely to open around 2020/2021.

Yes please!

EDIT:

Screamscape are today reporting this about the Tron project:

I really hope that is not true but it would not surprise me. The sooner Bob Chapek moves on the better!

:)

Luckily, from the concept art (yes I know it's only concept), This doesn't seem to be the case.

I also think (hope) that Disney take the time to refresh Tomorrowland for the Tron ride.

Very exciting to hear that Tron has been confirmed and I am pleased that the Speedway will remain. Here is a look at the Tron concept art:

Image_WDW_TRON.jpg

Tomorrowland will recieve a bit of a makeover in the time leading up to Tron (some rockwork repainting has already taken place). Stitch's Great Escape is expected to be replaced with a new IP (possibly Wreck it Ralph) sometime soon and Space Mountain may well go down for much needed maintenance once Tron is up and running.

Disney also announced that a new entertainment venue is coming to Main Street, Willis Wood theater in 1920s Kansas City:

WDWKCMT5789436.jpg

It sounds like this might be replacing the existing Town Square Theatre however that has not been confirmed. No doubt we'll find out more about its location as well as what may be performed in the venue at a later date.

It sounds like this might be replacing the existing Town Square Theatre however that has not been confirmed. No doubt we'll find out more about its location as well as what may be performed in the venue at a later date.

Most Disney forums think it is going behind main street, where the new bypass is. The red coloured building in the background of the concept art is probably the current Town Sqare theatre.

There are rumours that space mountain might go down for a lengthy rehab early next year. Traditionally splash mountain always has its refurbs in the winter starting in Jan, however it's been brought forward this year and is closed from mid Aug until Nov. The speculation is that it's because Space Mountain is set to have a lengthy rehab starting in Jan And that it will be closed until at least Summer and they wouldn't want two headliners down at the same time.

That may well be true, it's probably go to need to go down for some sort of maintenance between now and 2021 regardless. However I understand that at some point it needs major work, possibily a full re-track. Space Mountain at Disneyland was down for over 2 years when it was re-tracked.

Also Disney have decided to hold back the announcement but the Tomorrowland Speedway will be re-themed to fit in with Tron. This will include new and more futuristic looking electric powered cars.

Have you got time to kill?
Do you like a theory so crazy it might just be true?
Want to hear about a mysterious Disney documentary that seems to have vanished?
Ever wonder what the connection is between ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, Michael Eisner, and UFOs?

Wonder no more, with this two part article from one of my favourite sites for scientific / paranormal clickbait!

Part one
Part two

(I almost put this in the Illuminati thread, but as it involves a specific ride... Feel free to move it, oh Mighty Mods).

Only you could post that Diogo! :p Seems interesting though, I'll have to give it a read later on.

Oh yes, and a direct link to the "documentary" itself:

Currently watching. And trying to keep a straight face.

Hi guys. I just wanted to post a funny story from my family related to the Magic Kingdom in this thread, so here goes. Basically, it has been a childhood dream of my Mum's to visit the Magic Kingdom. I asked her why she wanted to visit the Magic Kingdom so much when we had already been to DLP in 2011. She said to me "because it's the proper Disneyland!" I said to her that the proper Disneyland is technically the Disneyland in California, as it opened first. Her response was "But California's not the proper Disneyland!" Have you guys ever known anyone who thinks that Magic Kingdom was the first Disney park?

I think its because to the general public in the UK most only know that the Floridan parks exist. Its known as a top family holiday destination and is advertised everywhere as such. Then I would say it would be DLP then finally Cali. The other Disney's most won't know about at all. Its all due to how things are marketed over here. Package holidays are easier to sell when you can encompass a number of parks in a nice location such as Florida.

Also, am I the only one surprised that none of the Orlando theme parks have released edited operating schedules, with Hurricane Irma (sorry if I spelt that wrong) due to hit Florida on Sunday?

Also, am I the only one surprised that none of the Orlando theme parks have released edited operating schedules, with Hurricane Irma (sorry if I spelt that wrong) due to hit Florida on Sunday?

All of the Florida parks are used to these scenarios and have set procedures in place. Certain Disney events have already been cancelled and the parks will certainly close on the day that the hurricane hits. Once the worst of it is gone Disney will survey the parks for damage and strive to re-open as soon as possible, in the past this has been the day after (although this is a particularly large monster).

You can Disney's information about Irma here.

EDIT: As it stands the eye of the storm could be passing right over central Florida, cuasing extensive damage. The parks could well be closed for a number of days.

Last edited:
Do you think that the Orlando parks will close permanently a la SFNO following Katrina?

All Disney parks will be closed on Sunday and Monday. The same goes for Universal and SeaWorld, whereby Busch Gardens Tampa will be closed Saturday through Monday.

All parks are anticipated to re-open on Tuesday but I would imagine this is damage dependant. Orlando could be somewhat of a mess for the next few weeks!

Honestly, what kind of moron thought it was a good idea to build so many theme parks in the hurricane capital of the world?

*Awaits the wrath of Walt's fanboys*

Honestly, what kind of moron thought it was a good idea to build so many theme parks in the hurricane capital of the world?

*Awaits the wrath of Walt's fanboys*

Walt gets what Walt wants! ;)

And hey, they've all survived thus far!