• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Welcome To Your New Forum!

Love it. It's really good to see it fully working, rather than in test mode.

I kept meaning to get the husband (techie extraordinaire) to look at it when testing, but forgot. He looked at it tonight and liked it except for the "New" button on the right hand side, because it overlaps the side of the page. It doesn't bother me at all, but just thought you might want to know!

Congratulations to Joel and Craig, and everyone else who works so hard for the forum to be the best it can be for the users. Thank you guys!

The 'new' tag is a default design element of the software - presumably meant to look like it's coming out from behind the post and wrapping in front of it.

Different strokes for different folks though :)

Reactions: Amy
The 'new' tag is a default design element of the software - presumably meant to look like it's coming out from behind the post and wrapping in front of it.

Different strokes for different folks though :)

I think it works, personally. It sticks out a bit to make you notice that the post is new from when you last read the thread! But as the husband is a member of the forum (just hardly ever posts) I thought I'd post his views. Seeing as he is a bit of a lurker though, I wouldn't bother taking notice of him :p

Just thought I'd point out an easily missable function that is the 'Quick Navigation Menu' - available here:

ROjZor3.jpg

It brings up the navigation menu which allows you to jump to other places quickly and easily. It's quite hidden though so I thought I would share. It's particularly useful if you are in a thread and can't be bothered to navigate back to the forum homepage :p

Just viewing the forum on my phone and it's brilliant! A very useful improvement.

:)

I second this entirely. Aside from a responsive design, probably the most useful feature for all touch devices in XenForo for me is that the thread link takes you straight to the first unread post. Before I always had to zoom in to hit the tiny 'new' button next to each thread.

I really like how when sending private messages and posting in forums, when you submit your message, it doesn't fully refresh the page, but it still submits the post! Very useful for people on dial up with slow internet!

Although I've selected to 'watch' some of the forums that I'm interested in, but I still seem to be getting notifications that there's new posts from boards which I've not selected to watch, such as the "Worldwide Theme Parks and Attractions" board, @Joel @Craig!

Are these alerts from topics that you've participated in Tom? If so that's why you'll be getting notifications.

They could be, I'm not sure. Is there a way to opt out from this?

Edit: Just checked, and I've not participated in them.

You can opt out of them, click your name at the top them preferences and untick the first check box. More info in the previous forum preview topic.

If you're getting alerts for stuff you haven't participated in, can you send me the links to the topics you're receiving them for and I'll take a look :)

If you do get anymore Tom, could you screenshot the alerts box and send me the links to the topic(s) they're leading you to and we'll take a look further.

I've just unticked it as well Craig, and it still notified me when you replied to the topic.

Just one question, this there any way to have a button to preview a post from quick reply without having to go to more options and then another screen? Nothing major but I've always used quick reply and previewed my posts from there!
:)

Preview button on quick reply has been kindly put up by Joel this morning :)

I've just unticked it as well Craig, and it still notified me when you replied to the topic.

It looks like you're still subscribed to watch this topic.

To stop receiving notifications for a topic, you need to click "Unwatch topic" in the top right corner of a topic page or go to Watched Topics button, click show all and tick it, select unwatch from the list.

Link:
http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/watched/threads/all