• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Welcome To Your New Forum!

Ah much better without the similar threads at the bottom of the page, that was a tad annoying! Ooh and I see that you can now preview from quick reply, even better. Thanks!

:)

Regarding member rank banners. I quite like them as they are now, it's easy to spot a team member with a banner and other 'ranks' I don't think banners are really needed. I doubt many people particularly take notice of ranks so the absence of banners isn't all that bad imo.

A minor thing too, with smilies, could we see some animated ones added in future? I know it's a very, very picky thing but I'm (personally) not too fussed on the new ones. They do the job but some moving ones would be nice to see one day.

One thing I've noticed in the Shoutbox which I'm not sure anyone else has picked up on is that any links with 'https://' at the start now work, instead of having to delete that 's' every single time in order to get a link to work. This is a small, albeit very useful, improvement that will avoid people getting frustrated when a link that has that 's' is posted.

I forgot to get rid of it a couple of times, and I found that the link still worked!

Just something I've noticed. When you have created a new topic and go to edit the first post you have made in it you can no longer edit the topic title. Is this intentional or would it be possible to enable this like before? It's just useful for when you realise you made an SPG error in the topic title after you've posted it!

Just something I've noticed. When you have created a new topic and go to edit the first post you have made in it you can no longer edit the topic title. Is this intentional or would it be possible to enable this like before? It's just useful for when you realise you made an SPG error in the topic title after you've posted it!
Not sure on the intention but if you report the topic for now and we can edit it. Sure Joel or Craig will know what should be editable :)

Should be fixed now :). At present, we're trialling allowing people to edit their messages for an unlimited period of time, but I initially excluded the editing of topic titles. Hopefully it won't be abused, we shall see how it goes!

Reactions: Rob
Are the smileys in Tapatalk set by the forum or by Tapatalk? The one for the : D one is frankly terrifying on Tapatalk! :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Should be fixed now :). At present, we're trialling allowing people to edit their messages for an unlimited period of time, but I initially excluded the editing of topic titles. Hopefully it won't be abused, we shall see how it goes!

Hmm I still don't seem to be able to edit topic titles. Not a problem if it can't be done though.

Hmm I still don't seem to be able to edit topic titles. Not a problem if it can't be done though.

Just have a double check for me as I've tested on a test account and with your permissions and they both seem to work. You don't click the edit button, but the thread tools option in the top right of the topic:

SMRYxLl.png

Just have a double check for me as I've tested on a test account and with your permissions and they both seem to work. You don't click the edit button, but the thread tools option in the top right of the topic:

SMRYxLl.png

Ah I didn't see that and was trying it the old way! That works fine, thanks!

EDIT: Actually, I can change it but when I click save changes it doesn't actually save and the title stays as it was previously. Sorry for all this!

EDIT: Actually, I can change it but when I click save changes it doesn't actually save and the title stays as it was previously. Sorry for all this!

Very weird, just tried a test post under your permissions and as a standard member and worked fine for both. Can you drop me a message and let me know which topic title you're trying to edit, what you're trying to edit it to along with the browser you're using. I'll have a look see if I can replicate it.

Just a minor thought. I'm not a fan of having to "click to expand" quotes. Is that something that can be changed at all (maybe as an option in your own settings)? Not a major issue if it's not. ;)

Just a minor thought. I'm not a fan of having to "click to expand" quotes. Is that something that can be changed at all (maybe as an option in your own settings)? Not a major issue if it's not. ;)

It can be disabled, but ultimately it's a feature that's there to make it easier for people who are closely following topics and don't want to read the same info repeatedly, and also to reduce the amount of scrolling needed to read a topic, so it'll be something that's staying :)

Reactions: Dar
That's understandable. (Though if you ask me, people should just be more selective about what they quote, and just cut out the bit that's relevant... ;) )

Is it possible to edit polls anymore, was a really good feature as you could have weekly polls