• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What a waste of council tax

How do you work that out, hope your not an accountant!!

If everyone who pays NI now payed into private health that would be the same money but less people because those that don't pay anything in get nothing out so we would have about 3 million less people to pay for.

Moved to Corner Coffee as it was a proper discussion (well with you lot, it was almost there) - have taken out any naughty words to make it suitable for Corner Coffee.

Ben

Why don't we just line the poor up and shoot them, get it done with? That's what the Tories want.

Blaze said:
Why don't we just line the poor up and shoot them, get it done with? That's what the Tories want.

Again you misunderstanding me. I mean everyone gets treated but if you want it quicker/nicer hospital. Then you pay to top it up.

To be fair Blaze this was a topic in the Tavern so I wasn't exactly being too serious.

I won't carry on here in coffee corner as it will be classed as trolling.

Now where did I put that copy of The Mail. ;D

ChocolateStarfish said:
To be fair Blaze this was a topic in the Tavern so I wasn't exactly being too serious.

I won't carry on here in coffee corner as it will be classed as trolling.

Now where did I put that copy of The Mail. ;D

So your happy to make a joke of it but not to seriously discuss it? Sounds about right

No I'll seriously discuss it no problem, the thing on here is that you tend to get jumped on for having any other view than strong left wing social type.
I've no problem explaining where I thing this view is flawed but somehow I don't think anyone will listen so why?
Last time I got involved in here I got a warning so I just avoid this section of the forum now, tavern is a little bit more laid back.

Blaze said:
I don't consider "don't privatise everything and let poor people die" strong left wing...

And those comments are exactly why I don't bother with coffee corner any more, exactly where has anyone said let poor people die?
Stupid comments, putting words in mouths and generally being a nob doesn't help or encourage any discussion does it?

Maybe you should read today's Daily Mail about how a private GP service runs far more efficiently than the NHS ones then you might change some of your out of date government must run everything views.

The reason the health service is on it's arse is because the government have starved it of funds so they can justify selling it off to their mates.

Privatising the nHS WILL kill poor people.

Blaze said:
The reason the health service is on it's arse is because the government have starved it of funds so they can justify selling it off to their mates.
Privatising the nHS WILL kill poor people.

The exact same things can be said for the Police and Fire services. Although so far Fire have been largely protected due to the strength of their union, something which the Police are not allowed and Ambulance admirably chose to be weak with due to the implications of withholding their service.

Building profit into a system does not make it more efficient, that money removed for profit will be at the expense of delivering the service and when your business is saving lives the result of that is obvious.

Some ambulance services use the morals of their staff and the threat of using Voluntary Ambulance Organization (VAS) to undermine union action, and get what they want.

But sometimes it does not work,

There was a call for a strike by local ambulance service, and one of the managers commented that they could get a VAS to cover as they scabbed the london strike in the 80's, and they always want to fly around on blue lights acting the amateur heros.

All the Ambulance level VAS members decided to give a reply of 'NO' to the question "will you be willing to cover a strike".

Talks restarted very quickly, and ended in favour of the road crews

Well probably since the first post, which relates to the police. Which are paid for by tax.

Our tax. Which was spent to smear the victims of a racial murder. Seems like something worth bringing up...

Blaze said:
Well probably since the first post, which relates to the police. Which are paid for by tax.

Our tax. Which was spent to smear the victims of a racial murder. Seems like something worth bringing up...

The first post was put up as a send uo which is documented in the thread. As for the "our tax" comment thats not really relevant to this thread. Like I said I could pull up just as many positive examples as you could negative.

"Sure, Savile was a paedo, but his TotP was fun!" is basically the argument here.

Catching burglars or whatever is their job, it's what they're supposed to do, it's not special when they do that, it doesn't need calling out.

When they smear victims of racial murder, shoot people on tube trains, knock people to the ground, causing them to die, and causing and covering up the death of 96 people for over two decades, that sort of stuff does need calling out.