• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Which ride will be removed next? (Poll reset 20.06.2017)

Which ride at Alton will be removed next? (Poll reset 20.06.2017)

• Spinball

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Rita

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Hex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twirling Toadstool

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Congo River Rapids

• Galactica

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Nemesis

• Duel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • The Blade

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Enterprise

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Runaway Mine Train

• Oblivion

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Thirteen

• Other (please state)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
I really hate to say but the Congo River Rapids. It lacks theming. I would be happy if there was a renovation which would add theming.
Does it need to be removed though. Blade, ripsaw, enterprise and Charlie are all tired and really need to be replaced in the near future. I think that unless a ride won't start, or has a better replacement ready to use the space (I'm sure everyone agrees with me that you'd rather still have submission operational than an empty patch of grass) it shouldn't be removed.

Does it need to be removed though. Blade, ripsaw, enterprise and Charlie are all tired and really need to be replaced in the near future. I think that unless a ride won't start, or has a better replacement ready to use the space (I'm sure everyone agrees with me that you'd rather still have submission operational than an empty patch of grass) it shouldn't be removed.
I never said it should be removed but should be focused on. There is only the waterfall theming. Even the tunnel is badly themed. I do like the ride though

I agree with what you said. It is a fun ride but I hate the tunnel. No lighting features just going slowly in a pitch black shipping container

I agree with what you said. It is a fun ride but I hate the tunnel. No lighting features just going slowly in a pitch black shipping container

Apart from the fact it is not a shipping container.

Of course the rapids could be better themed but they and Katanga Canyon as a whole are the least of Towers theming worries.

:)

was at AT the other week and got talking to a staff member. was told about some of the things that will be going on over next couple of years. the hotel extension and revamp. I mentioned about the planning permission around air and this person said that yes the area is having a new revamp. enchanted village to have more lodges.then went onto say that the area at the back of oblivion is going to see a new ride and that it is already being cleared at the moment. Katanga canyon may be extended onto the area at the back of duel as there is spare land there. There is talk about doing something with duel. not necessarily closing it....revamp maybe. also something with sonic no decision on that one either. Apparently Nemesis although old is staying. it has it's own fan club and iconic status and they aint getting rid of it. of course I don't know how true all this is (except hotel part) and don't know what that new ride will be. staff member knew but wasn't allowed to say but had no reason to lie either.

was at AT the other week and got talking to a staff member. was told about some of the things that will be going on over next couple of years. the hotel extension and revamp. I mentioned about the planning permission around air and this person said that yes the area is having a new revamp. enchanted village to have more lodges.then went onto say that the area at the back of oblivion is going to see a new ride and that it is already being cleared at the moment. Katanga canyon may be extended onto the area at the back of duel as there is spare land there. There is talk about doing something with duel. not necessarily closing it....revamp maybe. also something with sonic no decision on that one either. Apparently Nemesis although old is staying. it has it's own fan club and iconic status and they aint getting rid of it. of course I don't know how true all this is (except hotel part) and don't know what that new ride will be. staff member knew but wasn't allowed to say but had no reason to lie either.
If true we could be seeing a new flat in x-sector.

Hmmmmmmm....

A lot of rides are due for renewal. A lot of investment was made 20 odd years ago and a lot of these rides are now outdated. Mainly due to tech advances, culture changes and neglect by the park. For that reason I have voted duel

Katanga is fine, the Flume on the other hand is showing it's age more than any other area - which is a great pity for me as I remember riding it many times when younger.

If they decide to keep the Flume, and choose to renovate, I'd much rather they return the theming back to the old 'Log Flume'. Can't stand the current theme.

If they decide to keep the Flume, and choose to renovate, I'd much rather they return the theming back to the old 'Log Flume'. Can't stand the current theme.
problem with that (i know what you mean though, i hate what the imperial leather ip has done to both this and Chessington) is that the ride system is so outdated now. If towers will do anything with the flume, then i am guessing it will be scraped and replaced, either with a more modern flume, or different rides (some flats would be nice ;))

I hate to say this but I hate Battle Galleons. In practice, it sounds like a great idea- an INTERACTIVE ride- but the reality is it is a waste of space with very few people being prepared to ride it. One thing on a hot day but this rarely happens and I actually want it removed.
*prepare for people disagreeing

I hate to say this but I hate Battle Galleons. In practice, it sounds like a great idea- an INTERACTIVE ride- but the reality is it is a waste of space with very few people being prepared to ride it. One thing on a hot day but this rarely happens and I actually want it removed.
I hate it. It requires EFFORT to make the water shoot out and you get soaked with dirty, cold water.. not nice

Doubt you'll get many disagreeing to be honest. I disagree, I think it's hilarious, but most people don't care for it to say the least.