• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Which ride will be removed next? (Poll reset 20.06.2017)

Which ride at Alton will be removed next? (Poll reset 20.06.2017)

• Spinball

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Rita

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Hex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twirling Toadstool

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Congo River Rapids

• Galactica

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Nemesis

• Duel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • The Blade

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Enterprise

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Runaway Mine Train

• Oblivion

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Thirteen

• Other (please state)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
They will probably want to keep on renewing it, it is of an high standard for a children's area.
At the moment it's up to date and high standard, but in a few years some of the shows may be cancelled, leaving the area outdated. Obviously I don't know when/if this will happen, but the area would need a retheme or a refresh

no idea what the contract length.
I think it's usually 10 years, but if they will extend Charlie's contract, they will extend anything's contract ;)

Postman pat,get set go, Justin's house, nina and the neurone have been around for quite a long time now, some shows stay for a long time, some don't . You've just got to pick the right ips!

Enterprise is old now, over 30 years. So I wouldn't be surprised if it left. As I understand it Ripsaw hasn't been in its prime for 5 - 10 years now? I would be sad to see these go though.

Reading the recent posts, it seems that Nemesis and Oblivion are considered to have more longevity than Air. I would normally group these 3 together, possibly because they were the top rides when I first became interested in Alton Towers. Is the longevity that people predict based on the amount of structural alterations surrounding the rides (which is less for Air than the other two), or do you think Nemesis and Oblivion are more robust? Air has age on its side though, being a few years younger than Oblivion and 8 years younger than Nemesis. I agree that Nemesis will be maintained as long as possible, as it's a classic. And it also seems more sturdy than Corkscrew was.

Air breaks down about once every 30 minutes, eventually it will cost too much to maintain. How often does nemesis break down, I don't know, I've never seen it break down or be out for a while. Oblivion also rarely breaks down (more so at the moment, but I'm blaming that on it being the only working (enterprise is down a lot recently) ride in x-sector).

The smiler, 13, air and Rita all break down (very) regularly. All of them will be outlived by oblivion and nemesis.

Also, eventually the world's first/world record feature will ware very thin on 13 and the smiler (and air to a lesser extent) over time after records broken, or more with the same world first element are created.

Air broke down all the time when it first opened. I had the impression it was much better after the first couple of years. Has it got worse, or did it just look good to me because I was comparing it to the days when it was rarely open? I haven't been much over the last few years.

I never got the worlds first with AIR. There had already been a flying coaster. Worlds first flying B&M? Like non enthusiasts care.

I'd expect Ripsaw and Blade to have their days numbered. Ripsaw used to be one of my favourites but it's not in a good state anymore and I can't see it surviving if it continues to deteriorate. Blade's also old and unpopular, and I think some sort of replacement is in order.

I imagine AT would fight to keep Nemesis and Oblivion operating as long as possible because they're probably the park's flagship rides and biggest successes. Casual visitors would likely mourn less for Air or, say, Rita if/when they're eventually removed.
I can't see any of the big coasters going anytime soon though - I think they're reliable enough and popular enough to stay put unless they start to deteriorate rapidly.

The GP tend to prefer Air out of all the coasters currently open, I'd imagine air might stay longer than we expect. I definitely think the three B&Ms will outlive everything, but the blade is currently in line to go next

If airs got a queue longer than 15 mins (usually it does) I don't go on.
I don't see the hype, I find it tame. I agree with ripsaw/blade having their days numbered.

Mind you I would like to see Rita go, but that's a different story....

I really hate to say but the Congo River Rapids. It lacks theming. I would be happy if there was a renovation which would add theming.
Yes it lacks theming, but it's such a fun, social ride that is worked well into the landscape that it doesn't really need too much of it. The fear of being splashed always takes your mind off it anyway. :)