• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Who do you want to buy Alton Towers?

I see lots of posts from people who say that they wish Merlin would sell Alton Towers, but it begs the question, who would you want to buy it.

They would need the financial muscle to ensure the long term future of the resort whatever happens, and would need to do a better job than Merlin.

From Entrepreneurs such as Donald Trump or Richard Branson, through other theme park operators such as Disney or Six Flags, to employee partnerships along the lines of John Lewis or Waitress , companies from other sectors and even god forbid, the public sector, who would you trust to take over the running of the resort and why? What would they do differently to Merlin?

And in 5 years time, would we be praising them to the rafters, complaining about their every move, or begging Merlin to return.

There are no wrong answers, just opinions, and I'm still thinking about it.

The Mack family. No explanation required.
TripAdvisor average scores

Europa Park 4.8 from 5029 reviews.

AT 4.4 from 2009 reviews.

I'm surprised how little there is in it. (Though it's true you can prove anything with statistics).

And as Abraham Lincoln himself said "you can't believe everything you read on the internet".

TripAdvisor average scores

Europa Park 4.8 from 5029 reviews.

AT 4.4 from 2009 reviews.

I'm surprised how little there is in it. (Though it's true you can prove anything with statistics).

And as Abraham Lincoln himself said "you can't believe everything you read on the internet".

Tripadvisor is weird though, I've known a lot of people say "Really enjoyed our visit, fantastic staff" and then rate it 3*

Idealistically, the Mack family. More realistically, someone/a company who actually cares about the park and wants it to grow and improve, rather than let it go further into the sad, sorry state it currently is.

Ultimately, any individual, consortium or company that wants to run the park for profit would be little different to Merlin. None of them would 'care' about the park, only the money it would generate. I believe the park needs far more investment than any run for profit investors/owners would be willing to provide. A charitable trust or some form of cooperative would not be able to raise any form of significant cash. So it's probably no worse off with Merlin than any other feasable owner.

It's a tough one, but if I could chose anyone I wanted to own Alton Towers, I would probably chose myself. But more realistically, the Mack family would be amazing.

Just imagine if the Mack family bought the park though!

Realistically though someone who cares about the park and invests every year!

Just imagine if the Mack family bought the park though!

Realistically though someone who cares about the park and invests every year!
yeah, i think the Mack family would do a great job with the park. if they removed any rides from Europa Park, they would probably move them to Towers (and vice versa)!

Does anyone know if the mack family have ever expressed any intrest towards purchasing a park? And did they buy Europa or found it?