• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Anyway, it's pretty lovely that a load of Z list celebrities are going to experience Wicker Man tonight isn't it? Amazed at who can be classed as a VIP these days.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How many people are at the event? I'd think and ex member of S-Club Junior (not even the proper S-Club 7) has to be pretty low on the pecking order.

How many people are at the event? I'd think and ex member of S-Club Junior (not even the proper S-Club 7) has to be pretty low on the pecking order.
No idea. I know someone off X Factor and a few online vloggers (including Sanbrooke) are there. Think it might also be the winners of the 'chosen' competition too.

I obviously understand the circumstances but it's quite funny how everybody was saying how Merlin learned from their mistakes with wicker man, and now what. Most likely a closer attraction on opening day.
Literally has nothing to do with the ride hardware not being ready though?

I understand that but at the end of the day, the ride is most likely not opening on its' opening day. Only said it as a joke anyway
Yeah, but it isn't due to the fault of the planning, installation and testing of the ride, as we know people rode it a couple of weeks go.

I do think it's poor that the Alton Towers website is still showing 5pm close though.

No idea. I know someone off X Factor and a few online vloggers (including Sanbrooke) are there. Think it might also be the winners of the 'chosen' competition too.

It's gonna be another "Here's what you could have won" for the weekend, with gurning vloggers and sub-famous no marks with their arms in the air laughing at everyone for the second week in a row.

I'm pretty sure towers have wrote the weekend off so that's why hex and duel won't open. It's more cost effect to run on the min then to pay someone to grit paths and open 2 other attractions as well as staff them

It's gonna be another "Here's what you could have won" for the weekend, with gurning vloggers and sub-famous no marks with their arms in the air laughing at everyone for the second week in a row.
Agreed. Sanbrooke's coverage of the whole Wicker Man experience has been nothing more than him bragging about the opportunity he was given. Didn't used to mind his vlogs, in fact I found them quite informative, but lately his arrogance has come to the fore.

I'm hoping that the weather is better than expected tomorrow so that they can try and open some coasters!
EDIT: Woohoo! According to the Met Office, it's now supposed to hit 0 degrees at 1pm! Potential hour of coastering, anyone?

I'm hoping that the weather is better than expected tomorrow so that they can try and open some coasters!
EDIT: Woohoo! According to the Met Office, it's now supposed to hit 0 degrees at 1pm! Potential hour of coastering, anyone?
Yeah, I think we all fully understand and get that point mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's precisely why they haven't prepared people for it. They are terrified that if they issue a weather warning midweek they will lose a huge amount of park visitors for the weekend. For me this is a prime example of Towers putting their profits before their customers.

Absolutely. Latest I could cancel premier inn was 1. This could have been announced at lunch time latest! Weather forecast certainly hasn’t got any worse since then so it’s been decided well before the 4pm announcement. Had to set off at two so was already half way there, not impressed.

Absolutely. Latest I could cancel premier inn was 1. This could have been announced at lunch time latest! Weather forecast certainly hasn’t got any worse since then so it’s been decided well before the 4pm announcement. Had to set off at two so was already half way there, not impressed.
And this is what I was saying. They knew they might have to cancel coasters and said nothing. Fact is they stated everything would be open. When they announced it the weather forecast had IMPROVED. So what does that tell people. I understand they can' control the weather and I feel sorry for them but they don't help themselves. Put the risk of lost revenue aside and just be honest with the people that are your customer base.

Some people are now trying to claim compensation from Towers... also, one person asked why they don't install heaters on the coasters.

Was going Sunday/Monday, have contacted the the hotel to reschedule.
Hope they manage to get the rides open for everyone who braves it.

The moaning on Facebook and Twitter is just shocking. People moan if there's an accident, then moan if they put safety first . Just no pleasing the public sometimes