• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Mate, I absolutely love your positivity!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thank you! If you want to know the full extent of my optimism, I still have hope that London Resort is happening!

On an unrelated note, do we know how much some of the merch is? I'm hoping to buy a Wicker Man ORP and a wood offcut.

I live 5 miles away and it doesn’t feel like snow in the air tonight. (You get a feel for it after 43 years)
Right now it’s 6 degrees outside, normally when it snows overnight around these parts it’s around freezing by now.
If ATR was a school obviously it would have already announced it was closed tomorrow based on the forecast and staff would get the day off on full pay but being a private company I can see it being open and depending on the temperature not being minus some if not all the coasters open, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you those that are going anyway.
I have to be at work making up lost time due to snow days called by schools on forecasts that turned out to be not as bad as reported.

I just checked the Met Office, and during the day on Saturday, it has now been downgraded to a yellow! Yay! It reverts to an amber at 4pm, so thank god Alton closes at 3pm!

Last edited:
I just checked the Met Office, and during the day on Saturday, it has now been downgraded to a yellow! Yay! It reverts to an amber at 4pm, so thank god Alton closes at 4pm!
Thought it closed at 3 ? Of did they change it again.
They will never make up their mind !

Ah well, even if it doesn’t open tomorrow (which it might), it’ll still be cool to meet some of you in person. I’m excited for that at the very least :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes. Forgot that. Thanks @bluesonichd! Edited my post!

@matthewgcole Like what, out of interest?
Don't worry little buddy, I'm only messing. I'm the kind of person that lives by the rule that everyone is an enemy and everything will go wrong until I see proof of otherwise. Sometimes I admire your care free happiness, just don't get caught out matey, plenty of bad people and organisations out there that rub their hands with glee at the thought of exploiting your cheery nature.

Don't worry little buddy, I'm only messing. I'm the kind of person that lives by the rule that everyone is an enemy and everything will go wrong until I see proof of otherwise. Sometimes I admire your care free happiness, just don't get caught out matey, plenty of bad people and organisations out there that rub their hands with glee at the thought of exploiting your cheery nature.
Thanks for the advice!

I just checked the Met Office, and during the day on Saturday, it has now been downgraded to a yellow! Yay! It reverts to an amber at 4pm, so thank god Alton closes at 3pm!
Do we think, even if the weather does improve, we'll see any major rollercoasters open anyway?

I would imagine so, yes. It is the official opening of the season and the required staff will most likely be on hand should the weather be ok.
What about Wicker Man, do you think they'll leave that until another day now considering the fact that they marked it as potentially closed?

What about Wicker Man, do you think they'll leave that until another day now considering the fact that they marked it as potentially closed?
I really have no idea. They only said that it is unlikely for it to operate in the predicted conditions. However, if the conditions are not as bad as expected, who knows. It would seem silly to not open it when they can.

I don't see how it's any different to any other Alton coaster. It's ready, so I don't see why they couldn't open it aside from the weather being awful. I believe The Smiler opening on 31st May was completely unannounced, so I wouldn't rule Wicker Man opening tomorrow out.

I really have no idea. They only said that it is unlikely for it to operate in the predicted conditions. However, if the conditions are not as bad as expected, who knows. It would seem silly to not open it when they can.

I don't see how it's any different to any other Alton coaster. It's ready, so I don't see why they couldn't open it aside from the weather being awful. I believe The Smiler opening on 31st May was completely unannounced, so I wouldn't rule Wicker Man opening tomorrow out.
Fingers Crossed! Thanks for the advice.