• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Also from Towers Facebook page,

31616va.jpg
To me, this suggests they have given up all hope of Wicker Man opening this weekend. Unfortunately they won't say this for certain yet, as they don't appreciate that some visitors have to set off in the early hours in the morning to get there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As AT's social media team only offers very vague generic information, we'll only truly know the park's plans for the day when someone turns up and asks a member of staff. I've stated previously I've had issues with their social media team before, as they don't really give a damn about customers whatsoever.

Last year Galactica spent huge chunks of the season closed, and people were planning their trips to AT around experiencing 'the world's first rollercoaster fully dedicated to VR". People were travelling from up and down the country (and even from abroad) and were repeatedly asking AT's twitter account whether Galactica would be open. Everyone got the same response of "unfortunately we don't have this information yet", only for it to spend not hours, not days but weeks still closed.

Now, you can't tell me that they weren't aware the ride was going to be closed, but they didn't want to give out that information as they still wanted people to visit. They care more about the £££ than the customers, and always have.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Right now it’s really not too bad out at all. I really hope they reconsider opening some rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've got this straight, when they say "soft openings from Monday" they mean the ride will be open as normal during the week right? No reason why it wouldn't be operating Tuesday from 9:30 until close as planned I presume?

I'm at the Enchanted Village, apart from a few gusts of wind (nothing out of the ordinary) the weather seems absolutely fine. No snow, no ice, no frost. Nothing at all. It's not even that cold.

We’re about halfway there with my Mrs and kids, quick standard stop off at McDonald’s, crossing everything, if it doesn’t open still looking forward to seeing the finished coaster in the flesh lol

In my opinion, there's no reason that the park shouldn't open in this weather. (It's definitely been much worse and more windy in the past when they have opened.)

It just depends if last night they told most of their staff not to turn in.

Sorry for double posting, but for those in the area, has the weather taken a sudden turn for the worse in the last 30 minutes or so?

Sorry for double posting, but for those in the area, has the weather taken a sudden turn for the worse in the last 30 minutes or so?

Nope, it’s been quite consistent.

Staff around the hotels don’t sound too hopeful, but I believe there’s a meeting happening right now about the opening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk