• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

What is normal production when it comes to coasters?

We don't know what parts are needed. I are they off the shelf tensioner springs. Or a unique to that coaster part.

So we have no idea how long parts are going to take to arrive.

The one good thing is Cad-Cam files for specific parts are going to be on CGI production server.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk
I mean parts intended for a model of ride that's still in production unlike the classic enterprise models

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Wondering if it’s anything to do with the massive crack in the wood support near the turn in the queuline that was literally taped back together last time we went :tearsofjoy:

Wondering if it’s anything to do with the massive crack in the wood support near the turn in the queuline that was literally taped back together last time we went :tearsofjoy:
Oh my! I thought it would have been down to the weirdly moving lift chain, but that might well be a contributing factor; they wouldn't want the wood cracking!

Wooden coasters don’t depend on one wooden strut for support and a wooden beam can be replaced pretty quick, they have a carpenter looking after the ride for that sort of thing.

My guess is the unusual lift hill is putting unusual strain on the lift hill tech and something that doesn’t normally fail has failed, hence the delay. companies keep regular fail components on standby but not so much with more stable items.

Last edited:
Depends whether Merlin bought the extended warranty or not, remember since the law changed its perfectly acceptable (and legal) for new parts to come with no or very short warranty periods.

Such an accurate article.
I spotted that too. Sent an email to their corrections dept so hopefully it's changed soon. As with most of these papers it's lazy journalism, (if you could even call it that). The media love a good article about towers these days.

Last edited:
Don't understand why you'd waste your time emailing them to correct something that will be old news before you know it.

Going back today but Wicker Man has changed back to closed on the app instead of ERT or Opens 10am like the others, hope this is just an error and it’s not actually back to being closed

Sadly this is me (when the park is open)

I wish they had a live feed of the rides you could watch online. Not sure where this obsession with AT has suddenly come from but it doesn’t sound healthy I know.