• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

The worse thing as always with towers is their blatant laying or denying. You ask them on socials and they’ll just say to keep checking the app. When it’s been down for more than a few days they need to be clear and just say it won’t open today, as the management will know full well.

Back 15 years ago before social media, they would put a banner on the website if a ride was down for a couple of days or longer. There shouldn't be any need to check the app or social media, the website should still list significant downtime.

Had a spontaneous visit today with some passholder slots available. Was busier than expected but still managed to do all the coasters once each with 8 on nemesis and 5 on wickerman. There was a decent amount of Downtime though... Oblivion, Rita, Galactica and Nemesis all suffering at some point of the day from what I saw.

On Wicker Man today, queued for about 20 mins, noticed that the lift chain stopped several times, and was restarted again each time - once with a train about three quarters up the lift hill.
Kind of reminded me of Nemesis and The Smiler, with the lift chain only working when it was needed rather than all the time.

Not sure if this is a change or a mechanincal fault.

The lift chain on Nemesis runs all the time. It runs at an idle speed when there's no train on the lift. It steps up to a higher speed when a train is dispatched.
And the wicker Man's runs constantly, but yesterday afternoon it stopped many times when I was in the queue. Reminded me of Nemesis and The Smiler with their lift chains, where you know a train is coming when you can hear the lift chains

And the wicker Man's runs constantly, but yesterday afternoon it stopped many times when I was in the queue. Reminded me of Nemesis and The Smiler with their lift chains, where you know a train is coming when you can hear the lift chains
Spinball's chain also runs constantly, but speeds up when a car is about a quarter up the hill.

Did it stop then restart immediately, or did it stop for a while and a member of staff went up the lift for a bit before it restarted?