• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Any educated guesses on when WickerMan will re-open?
About 2 weeks I'd say. A mate sent me this photo which he found today which shows some of the damage caused by the fire the other day. It just looks to have smouldered so my assumption is they will replace these bits of wood and re open. Not a great deal of damage done at all which is a relief. Work is due to or has started as scaffolding has been put up (as someone else has pointed out on here)

Attachments

• IMG_20240731_194842_829.jpg
    IMG_20240731_194842_829.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 142
Guessing there's pretty much no chance of WickerMan opening this week?

We're doing a last minute trip to the Water Park in a few days and figured might as well pop in for a few rides. We have an unused FastTrack but if that's down and Thirteen still seems unreliable seems like we're better off going to Drayton for Gold Rush (and The Wave) instead...

Guessing there's pretty much no chance of WickerMan opening this week?

We're doing a last minute trip to the Water Park in a few days and figured might as well pop in for a few rides. We have an unused FastTrack but if that's down and Thirteen still seems unreliable seems like we're better off going to Drayton for Gold Rush (and The Wave) instead...
Yeah I wouldn't count on it. I'm going a week on Thursday and aren't expecting it to be open.

Going for my yearly towers trip on the 13-14th of August. As hex isn’t going to be open I’m really hoping WM will be but it’s not looking good is it 😔. It’s my 2nd favourite UK coaster (after Hyperia) and really wanna ride it again.

I am surprised repairs are taking this long. The official statement coupled with a handful of early rumours and discussion made me believe that damage was fairly minimal. Safety first of course but I'd like some indication from them of approx how long they expect it to be down.

Nothing was going on work wise today from what I could see.

The TV screen flames were still on though, you’d have thought they’d have turned them off to save some energy

LED screens don’t really consume much at all. A guest drying their hands under a hand dryer would draw more power.

No they wouldn't. Your home LED powered TV may not consume much power but a bright, outdoor professional LED screen will use quite a bit. As a general rule of thumb, they use around 1000 watt per square meter. Sometimes a bit more sometimes a bit less. But they use quite a significant amount of power.

There is a common misconception that LED automatically means low power consumption. This is not true, especially in the professional space. They may be lower power consumption but not always low power consumption.

They seem to leave them on all year round, no idea why - but there must be a reason behind it.

Last edited: