• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Are the actual flame effects working?

With the cost of gas these days I wouldn’t be surprised if a ‘cost rationalisation opportunity’ had been spotted.

With the cost of gas these days I wouldn’t be surprised if a ‘cost rationalisation opportunity’ had been spotted.

To be honest I think the actual fire went off a bit too often, everytime a train passed through any opening on the wickerman was alot. Just when the train goes through the main middle tunnel would be enough. Or every other train would be OK.

Well if it isn't on 2 or 3, it certainly shouldn't be open I say!
Hello - New member here as my son finally got through the 1.4m limit this year. Wicker Man was on 2 trains yesterday - was running speedy tbf. Had a few downtimes (pretty short) presumably sensor related - was my son's favourite ride although we disagreed whether front row Nemesis was better (it was!).

No flame effects at all - they did like cramming everyone into the pre show as if Covid never existed

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello - New member here as my son finally got through the 1.4m limit this year. Wicker Man was on 2 trains yesterday - was running speedy tbf. Had a few downtimes (pretty short) presumably sensor related - was my son's favourite ride although we disagreed whether front row Nemesis was better (it was!).
Welcome to the forum @Meister71; hope you had a good day yesterday!

Glad you both seemingly liked Wicker Man, although I would have to agree with your son; it's my favourite AT ride! Nothing wrong with preferring Nemesis, though; I think the majority do, and it is entirely down to your own opinion after all!

Welcome to the forum @Meister71; hope you had a good day yesterday!

Glad you both seemingly liked Wicker Man, although I would have to agree with your son; it's my favourite AT ride! Nothing wrong with preferring Nemesis, though; I think the majority do, and it is entirely down to your own opinion after all!
Thank you Matt for the welcome. I have to say Wicker Man was running really well yesterday - probably the best we've been on it tbf other than batching into the pre show which felt a bit uncormfortable and the couple of glitches they had (which the last one was the longest - about 25 mins downtime at 17:05). A train got stuck in the last tunnel!

The screens really do look much better in real life and I guess make more sense than the old slow motion videos it played. I think it’s also the first time all the sections have had screens in since it’s first season.

A few things which I hope are sorted by the start of the season, the projector must have been changed in the pre show as it’s now got a really being bulb which pretty much lights up the whole room, which does ruin when the curtain opens. As it just lights it all up. Hopefully that’s sorted before opening.

Also they have clearly done some work to the “burning” wall in the station, but have put all the panels on wrong, as they have large gaps in between some of them, and looks a bit rubbish compared to previously.
E8896E7C-CE32-4F83-AADC-8FCE4BF69324.jpeg

Last edited:
I really hope the theming doesn’t begin to suffer too much over time on the wicker man, as theming elements tend to on coasters over their life cycles. I feel that the theming is what makes wicker man one of the best rides at the park, and without it, the ride could easily lose some of its magic.

The screens really do look much better in real life and I guess make more sense than the old slow motion videos it played. I think it’s also the first time all the sections have had screens in since it’s first season.

A few things which I hope are sorted by the start of the season, the projector must have been changed in the pre show as it’s now got a really being bulb which pretty much lights up the whole room, which does ruin when the curtain opens. As it just lights it all up. Hopefully that’s sorted before opening.

Also they have clearly done some work to the “burning” wall in the station, but have put all the panels on wrong, as they have large gaps in between some of them, and looks a bit rubbish compared to previously.
E8896E7C-CE32-4F83-AADC-8FCE4BF69324.jpeg

Looks like a on old 3 bar fire, just need to pop a few of these in to complete the effect.

71TNc8tk5ZL.jpg

I really hope the theming doesn’t begin to suffer too much over time on the wicker man, as theming elements tend to on coasters over their life cycles. I feel that the theming is what makes wicker man one of the best rides at the park, and without it, the ride could easily lose some of its magic.
Mate, this is Merlin we're talking about. They can barely fathom the concept of non essential maintenance unfortunately :(
They'll most likely leave it to rot over time and gather dust.