• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

X-Sector Developments (Including Oblivion)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If it was a nice day and it was busy, the picture would look happier.

It's like walking through the area of a city where the nightlife is. During the day, it's empty and looks run down. It's not nice. Go there later on when it's busy and it feels a lot different.

electricBlll said:
There have been rides and paths next to that hole for years. The fences are not required, since there are already taller fences on the edge of the hole itself.
Can't help but think that'll be down to that incident last year.. With more people being nearer to it, more chance of that blue moon happening again.

Blaze said:
There's no 'atmosphere' in that picture because there's about five people tops in it and it's an overcast day.

:X Clearly it is a protest movement against some fake pipework being painted a different colour to the original design. It's no coincidence that there is no people ever seen the parts of the Towers that have fallen into ruin rather than preserved in their former glory.

The pipes are ok, as long as the Fanta sponsorship is removed. I am pleased to see a new sign that fits into X-Sector. I really hope they extend their jet-washing to the drop zone. Please AT it hasn't been touched for over 10 years! :cool:

In the shots of the overview of the area the bright orange pipes clash horribly with the bright yellow of The Smiler in the background.

The coaster is amazing, but the aesthetics of the area are very poor.

I'm massively confused. On TTLive it shows painting to the Rehydrator 'tubes' - I went yesterday and one of them had already been painted bright orange? Are they painting them that dull yellow colour instead? I thought they were being painted orange?

AirFAN said:
I'm massively confused. On TTLive it shows painting to the Rehydrator 'tubes' - I went yesterday and one of them had already been painted bright orange? Are they painting them that dull yellow colour instead? I thought they were being painted orange?

I think the dull colour is an undercoat which will then be painted over in orange.

:)

Dave said:
delta79 said:
I got a brilliant idea, why not shut Enterprise and Submission for a month or so to aid the building of the smiler ;)

Don't think they need to, they just need to get the stuff they will be putting up that day on site and i imagine they can't get it done before 10am.
Why not just shut them permanently?

AirFAN said:
Dave said:
delta79 said:
I got a brilliant idea, why not shut Enterprise and Submission for a month or so to aid the building of the smiler ;)

Don't think they need to, they just need to get the stuff they will be putting up that day on site and i imagine they can't get it done before 10am.
Why not just shut them permanently?
I *think* the original suggestion may have been referring to the original idea of closing the two rides during last season - which was later reversed.

Thanks Scott. It was a tongue in cheek comment reference to the reversed closure idea for them.

Ha ha, my prediction came true!

1369990155.jpg

Obviously the original one was better worded, but at least they have kept the exact same background and colours. It's only a sign anyway.

This is a slightly darker side to the ministry of joy that I can enjoy.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
^Dislike.

New coaster is amazing and all that, but the original theme has been totally raped.

...nothing has been raped.

All they've done is add the Ministry of Joy's name to a couple of signs. :/

LiamC said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
^Dislike.

New coaster is amazing and all that, but the original theme has been totally raped.

...nothing has been raped.

All they've done is add the Ministry of Joy's name to a couple of signs. :/

Which craps over the enigma of the original theme and shifts the whole focus of the area to be about The Smiler in a kind of "Ug Land featuring Thunder Rock Rally" kind of way.

But as you say, it's only a sign.

What's the problem? All that's changed is we know who the people operating the place are. They've expanded the theme a bit. That's hardly 'rape'.

Blaze said:
What's the problem? All that's changed is we know who the people operating the place are. They've expanded the theme a bit. That's hardly 'rape'.

From a thematic perspective it's a Rita in Ug Land kind of situation.

But yes, it's a price worth paying for such a good coaster.

I prefer that they've done this, instead of adding in the Smiler, without attempting to make the area's storyline make sense, they've ensured that X-Sector works as a whole. They never did this sort of thing when they added Air to Forbidden Valley, which has left that area a bit incongruous. By adding Rita to Ug-Land they 'raped' the area because it simply didn't make sense, and the only attempt they made to make it make sense was with the Thunder Rock Rally nonsense. Rita was done very lazily, with very little effort put into theming. This is the entire opposite.

Basically if they hadn't made little changes like this, we'd be complaining in years to come.

Really, how is this anything like Rita? They've changed the wording of half the sign so it now says The Ministry Of Joy rather than just leaving you to make up whoever it is.

That's hardly the same as ripping out half the theming of an area and replacing it with a totally different theme.

I can understand if the whole area was completely done over to fit the MOJ and wording was changed all over the place, but it really isn't like that at all. Like it's been said before, they've changed the wording on one, possibly two, signs at the entrance of the area. That is it. The whole area remains untouched and as it was prior to The Smiler :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.