• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

X-Sector Developments (Including Oblivion)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Wait hold the bus...

Oblivion is getting a repaint? Merlin actually doing maintenance? Oh hahaha! You had me there :p

...Seriously? :eek:

thisisruss said:
Good news at last I really can not wait to see Oblivion in a clean looking state and I also hope they clean the outside of the station up also.

It would also be nice but I doubt it but if they were to jet wash the floor around x-sector.
It'd surprise me if they didn't jet wash the area at least over closed season.

Some other UK parks jet wash on a regular (at least weekly) basis, and deep clean everything over closed season. Don't know the situation at Towers, but would surprise me if they didn't follow suit.

Islander said:
thisisruss said:
Good news at last I really can not wait to see Oblivion in a clean looking state and I also hope they clean the outside of the station up also.

It would also be nice but I doubt it but if they were to jet wash the floor around x-sector.
It'd surprise me if they didn't jet wash the area at least over closed season.

Some other UK parks jet wash on a regular (at least weekly) basis, and deep clean everything over closed season. Don't know the situation at Towers, but would surprise me if they didn't follow suit.

Oblivion was given a full jet wash before Christmas. At least that's what I was told by a member of staff. At the time the person who mentioned it thought Oblivion wasn't going to be painted and that the jet wash was all they were doing but obviously not.

Well according to Photoshop this is roughly how Oblivion will look in RAL7021 (The colour of SW7)

cd35325b51b94e0f914d045.png

If you look outside X-Cite you can see roughly how the old supports look (I didn't spot that bit, though it works as a comparison :p ).

Remember too that if this is the exact colour of SW7 it'll have a bit of a shine to it. Either way, whatever they do to it it'll look a million times better :D

(I realise screens and whatnot vary a lot, and take no responsibility if Oblivion isn't that exact colour, which it probably won't be :p )

Woah, i'm really impressed that Oblivion's getting some well deserved attention over the closed season!

Here's hoping that the other improvements that were mentioned will go ahead too!

A few other things I could think of to improve were:
'Fanta' orange pipes repainted black,
Refurb Oblivion's entrance (again!),
Toilet Block refurbishment and possibly themed,
All buildings given a good clean.

But apart from that all is looking good for X-Sector is 2013!

Glad to see that The Sanctuary's making a return to Towers. And Blivvy getting a repaint? About time! :D

This has had me jumping up and down and clapping like a sea lion! It's such great news.

The Sanctuary will be good too, but as long as it is only for the start of the season, I wouldn't like it for the entire season. But, Blivvy's back, she's had her mid-life crisis and she's back to get the boys.

I'm really pleased it's happening and it doesn't seem to have come from SW7's budget so i'm glad they are considering these sort of outlays.

Just off the top of my head here is Towers improvement list for 2013

• Hex Vault fixed (though might still have issues parking as Vekoma don't know whats up
  • Hex audio fixed
  • Rita launch fixed and Scaffolding removed
  • OBLIVION PAINTED
  • X-sector fixed up

You know i get that this stuff should be standard for a park but i'm glad the great team who work at Alton Towers (including Mr Crabbe who i think gets an unfair bad press) are getting the budgets they deserve. I just hope Merlin see this works and can persuade their investors it's good business sense to continue these works.

Also when you consider the investment program between 2012 and 2014

Sub-Terra - £4,000,000
Ice-Age - £2,000,000
SW7 - £18,000,000
2014 family area - (rumoured) £10,000,000
Holiday Lodges - (rumoured) £10,000,00

Thats nearly £50,000,000 in 3 years, baring in mind the state the parks in thats bloody good investment.

Go on Merlin.... have a small positive pat on the back from me :p

YES! This is exactly what I wanted, unfortunately I never got to see Blivvy when it was in it's prime at first opening so it will be a great experience to see her all shiny and looking new next time I set eyes on her.

So considering we're getting things done, How about Duel? :-[

In the words of Craig Revel Horwood... This is FAB-U-LOUS Darling! Seriously, A-MA-ZING!!

I am actually a little lost for words I must say, I can't wait to see my Blivy Babes all nice and shiny! It is going to breathe so much life back into what what has been the worst area of the park for the last 5 years or so! <3

As part of this refurbishment, I really hope we not only see all the paint work and buildings returned to their former glory, but I would also love to see a full set of new Queue-line TV's and the top set of drop misters re-connected! :D

YAY X-SECTOR

If they are going to do up the toilet block, then I ask for one thing and one thing only: sort out the taps!! Nice hot water from the hot tap (not boiling though) and taps that you don't have to permanently hold down to make water come out. Actually, just get some nice automatic taps that release warm water, sorted!

:)

When I heard Blivvy was getting a repaint (amongst other things) I exploded with happiness! As I was born too late to experiece Blivvy all nice and new it will be great to see it looking nice and repainted, as long as it isn't orange!(I have some offride photos of my dad on oblivion and nemesis when the both first opened somewhere, I will have to find them and upload them to show you)

It's going to be weird seeing oblivion re-painted, but it's amazing news and can't wait to see the area :)

I genuinely hope they fix the queline speakers in Oblivions que to just before you get to the station there's one with a metal casing around it that im pretty sure is broke/damaged by the noise it makes. LONG LIVE BOSE!

^Each cubical is a mamalisation process. It can sense wether its a phase one or two ;)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.