• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Your Top Worst Coasters

Re: Your Top 10 Worst Coasters

Georgiaa said:
Inferno- Terra Mitica
Awful ride IMO. The headache upon exiting was enough to dislike.
Not sure if you noticed, but I don't like rough coasters.
I quite liked Inferno - I didn't notice much roughness on it! Although, having said that, it was probably quite smooth when compared to Magnus Colossus... :p

I'm not going to list a bottom 10, as it would pretty much be a list of Big Apples and other kiddy coasters, instead I'm going for rides I found particularly awful or disappointing compared with similar rides:

Limit (Heide Park) and MP Xpress (Movie Park Germany) - two examples of horrible hang & bangs. The presentation of both rides is extremely poor, both have dire cattle pen queue lines and both attempt to puree your brain.

For me, a coaster being dull is a more serious offence than it being rough however, and with that in mind:

Big Thunder Mountain (DLP) and Temple of the Night Hawk (Phantasialand). Two long Vekoma coasters with multiple lifts and practically nothing of note between them. BTM is pretty at least, but this alone isn't enough to make up for such a bland ride

Buffalo (DMP) - this thing makes Flying Fish look like Formula Rossa. It has more trouble getting up hills than a cyclist pulling a lorry.

Trace du Hourra (Parc Asterix). I'm rather a fan of Avalanche, so had fairly high hopes the oversized version, however it never seemed to get going. As soon as it picks up any pace there's another MCBR taking all the speed out of the train and you're back to square one.

Big Dipper (PBB) - this thing takes forever to get to the top of the lift but the ride that follows is barely more interesting. It used to be pretty good (albeit back breaking), but for the past couple of years it's been almost completely lifeless. Nick Streak offers a better experience and that's aimed at the family market.

Buffalo (DMP)

Steeplechase (PBB)

X:NWO (Thorpe)

Buffalo is terrible. Slow, boring and crap.

Steeplechase scares the hell out of me, I feared for my life, which somewhat limited it's appeal.

X:NWO. No point to riding this.

Would like to say Shockwave at Drayton manor purely because I found the breaks are very short causing a joult forward when bracking other than that can't think of that than I can't think of any others

I dislike X:/WTF because of the sheer lack of theming. The coaster is just brake after brake and doesn't really get going. I'm yet to find a coaster that doesn't actually have enough good points about it to merit being considered 'poor'. Rides have pros and cons yet it's often only the cons that are discussed on forums. In reality, I enjoy most rides very much.

I'm going to head for the 'What intense/rough coasters makes Rowe reek in pain?' stance with this topic due to my own pain (in)tolerance and my attention with boring, slow and uninspired layouts fails a great amount. I guess you could also count these as part of the 'What coasters make Rowe feel like she's in a death trap and will hopefully never ride again?"stance too regardless of how safe they actually are.

Oh and the list is also alphabetised!

Colossus, Thorpe Park
G-Force, Drayton Manor
Infusion, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Kumali, Flamingo Land
Mumbo Jumbo, Flamingo Land
Rollercoaster, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
SAW: The Ride, Thorpe Park
Shockwave, Drayton Manor
The Twister, Lightwater Valley
Whirlwind, Camelot

Surprisingly The Ultimate doesn't appear, despite being renowned as being rough and being utterly manic and another rollercoaster I don't greatly enjoy, due to myself not finding it as bodily destructive as told. If that makes sense.

Special ride mentions go to:

Excalibur 2, Camelot
Slammer, Thorpe Park

Mine would be (in no order)

Except this one...

The worst coaster ever has to be....... Gouderix at Parc Asterix, Its not just rough, it's painful. At one point i felt like someone had punched me in the jaw.

My other least favorite (this time definitely in no order).

Big One: Blackpool - Its my 2nd favorite UK park but this ride has a painful (though exciting) first drop then lots of nothing... Sure Oblivion is all about a single drop but it doesn't then spend 2 minutes wasting your time.

Trace Du Hourra Parc Asterix - See Johns comments

X:// No Way Out Thorpe Park - Boring and slightly Nauseous

Temple of the NightHawk PhantasiaLand - Most boring roller coaster in the world

MP Express Movie Park Germany - See Johns comments

G-Force Drayton Manor - Painful and bland

Thats it really

It is so bizarre that my ride on MP Express was smooth last year!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

John said:
Trace du Hourra (Parc Asterix). I'm rather a fan of Avalanche, so had fairly high hopes the oversized version, however it never seemed to get going. As soon as it picks up any pace there's another MCBR taking all the speed out of the train and you're back to square one.

Awww, I loved this ride. It was my first bobsled coaster, and I found it awesome. It's one of the only rides I want to stack on! Why? Because if you stack on that last MCBR it turns itself into a launch when the ride resumes :p It's brilliant!

Must admit, I didn't find MP Express too bad at all, maybe it's got rougher this year? We rode a lot of SLC's on that trip and I found this to be one of the better ones, although Vampire had to be the smoothest. I certainly found it much better than the absolutely dire El Condor and Limit, ugh! Which brings me nicely onto my own worst coasters....

Limit (Heide Park) - The worst coaster I've ever had to displeasure to ride. It rides exactly how it looks ie. completely horrific! Rip it down for gods sake :)

Gouderix (Parc Asterix) - When I rode this in 2009, I wondered what all the fuss was about. I really didn't find it too bad, although admittedly I was sat front row (with John iirc!). In 2010 however....omg, some of those inversions should be illegal for Vekoma to manufacture! Neck snappingly rough.

El Condor (Walibi Holland) - Yep, another absolutely terrible SLC. The original one I think?

X:/ WTF (Thorpe Park) - The only coaster that makes me feel physically sick. The whole thing is just completely pointless.

Dizz (Bobbejaanland) - Yaaawwwwnnn

Calamity Mine (Walibi Belgium) - Think Paris BTM without the amazing setting, less theming (although still nice) and a ride that somehow manages to be even more bland!

Temple of the Nighthawk (Phantasialand) - There are some boring coasters on my list, this easily rivals any of them, if only for the sheer length you have to endure said boredom!

Seems I have something against Vekoma :p I really don't lol, they have produced some good coasters, it's just that they have also churned out a fair few bad ones. I did this only for major coasters too, there are a good few pinfari's and kiddie coasters which aren't included :)

Mattmash said:
Limit (Heide Park) - The worst coaster I've ever had to displeasure to ride. It rides exactly how it looks ie. completely horrific! Rip it down for gods sake :)

Limit should be torn down and replaced with a B&M Inverter - now that would complete Heide Park's coaster lineup!

:)

Poor Temple of the Nighthawk :(

It may not be the most interesting of rides but as it actually is a ride it scrapes a decent score by default. Here are the rides which I really think are deserving of the term worst coasters:

X:/ No way out
While we’re talking about Nighthawk I have to mention its Thorpe Park equivalent. If Nighthawk is boring then WTF is X:/WTF. With all the stopping and starting I find it hard to even classify this as a coaster. Then add to that I’ve ridden it quite a few times now and never once seen the supposed themed objects inside the ride. The ride’s only saving grace is that the it accidently becomes interesting when trying to work out why it isn’t actually very interesting at all... go figure? :-\

Klondick Gold Mine
My first ever looping coaster... and overall not a very good ride. Thankfully the loop was enjoyable but everything else was a head bangers wet dream.

Space Invaders 2
Space Invaders had so much potential. But after queuing for at least half an hour in the cramped and claustrophobic queue line I was disappointed just how pedestrian the ride was. A very basic and dated layout surrounded by neon cardboard cut outs. I wasn’t expecting a masterpiece but had at least hoped for a Black Hole equivalent.

Steeplechase:
Not the bottom of my list but as everything below it is a perfectly acceptable kid’s ride Steeplechase wins my worst ride award. I actually like the concept of a 3 across duelling coaster and the idea that you're riding in such a vulnerable position. At least I would if the banking wasn't limited to just banked and unbanked. It's as if the ride was design in RCT and turns the vulnerable seating into downright dangerous. Maybe it’s my height and not being able to properly use the stirrups but I’ve come within an inch of falling off before and when that happens you know a ride’s got issues.

I don't have a top ten, it would be too difficult to rate a lot of below average coasters into a list.
However, some of my least favourite coasters are listed below.

Manhattan Express / Rollercoaster @ New York, New York, Las Vegas
This ride is terrible. Really uncomfortable, it feels like it's compressing your spine at the bottom of every drop. Really unpleasant.

Limit @ Heide Park
The worst SLC I have experienced. Massively uncomfortable and painful throughout. I didn't get a second of enjoyment from it.

X No Way Out @ Thorpe Park
I just don't get it. I expect with some kind of story and something happening at the brake sections, I can understand why all the constant stops *might* make sense. But all the jerking forwards and backwards just makes it feel like it's broken!! And the backwards element does nothing for it.

The Ultimate @ Lightwater Valley
Sorry Ultimate lovers, I find this ride truly awful. The first half is dull (apart from to the fanboys hoping they will get evac-ed if it doesn't make it to the 2nd lift). The second half is one of the most unpleasant coaster experiences I have ever had. Nothing 'fun' or 'enjoyable' for me. Never again.

Mumbo Jumbo @ Flamingoland
While we are in the North East, here's another coaster which does nothing for me. Slow and uncomfortable, with no real thrills.

The only coaster I hate is big dipper at Blackpool. It's terrible and either needs to be completely redone, so no longer looks and feels rotten or simply burnt to the ground.

There's plenty of coasters I am dissapointed by though... PMBO for one.. nothing there, just the first drop that's mildly good anywhere else but the back and pretty good at the back... Rest of the ride is pointless...

But besides big dipper I can't think of any hatred for any ride..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I do have all of my coasters I've ridden organised into a list in order, so it is possible for me to write my bottom 10. However, I'm mobile so I'll just write my biggest disappointments.

Rip Ride Rockit: My biggest fear on rollercoasters are vertical lift hills, which already makes this ride pretty bad for me. Overall the ride is dull, the music system is both limited and flawed, and after just a few years it's in real need of a paint job. The non-inverting loop is the rides saving feature.

G-Force: Admittedly I hadn't seen any POVs or read any reviews but this ride was surprisingly short. The lift hill is quite unique and interesting, but other than that there is very little of the ride which I could say was interested. It's a pretty beautiful looking ride though.

Cheetah Hunt: I didnt find this that bad, but it certainly didn't live up to my expectations. The sensation of speed from the launches are lost straight afterwards on all three of them, and there were many long straights of track which didn't add a lot. It had one or two nice bits of airtime, though.

Rock n' Rollercoaster: The worst ride aimed at adults I've ever ridden. After the first fifteen seconds, it's the slowest, tamest most boring ride ever, with a few turns, a little banking and a hill or two. I expected so much more, and was surprised that people were coming off of it saying it was scary or enjoyable.

So.....

X:/WTF; The dullest heap I have EVER been on! You stop randomly and that's it.

Corkscrew when it was at FL: OUCH!!

I think that's it.

The number of people suggesting my beloved X:\ makes me want to weep for days :(

I don't have the experience to come up with a top 10, but notable mentions must go to PMBO - which was consistently underwhelming to a younger James who hadn't even been on a coaster abroad at the time, even the first drop failed to do anything other than...like...be high!

Also to Saw: The Ride...yes, the bits that matter most to me (theming, atmosphere, station, dark ride section) are all fantastic and arguably the best at Thorpe but I simply can't bring myself to ride it any more because the intensity of the pain throughout just completely outweighs any pleasure...

Magrathea said:
The number of people suggesting my beloved X:\ makes me want to weep for days :(

I don't have the experience to come up with a top 10, but notable mentions must go to PMBO - which was consistently underwhelming to a younger James who hadn't even been on a coaster abroad at the time, even the first drop failed to do anything other than...like...be high!

Also to Saw: The Ride...yes, the bits that matter most to me (theming, atmosphere, station, dark ride section) are all fantastic and arguably the best at Thorpe but I simply can't bring myself to ride it any more because the intensity of the pain throughout just completely outweighs any pleasure...

The number of people suggesting my beloved SAW makes me want to weep for days :(

Grand National - pure pain, utterly despise it! Willing to give it a second chance though.

Kumali - Prematurely aged, guttingly awful compared to when it opened.

Big Dipper - Killed my back, boring.

Saw - This takes the cake for vertebrae-crushing trauma. Such a shame, it could be so good!