• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Your Top Worst Coasters

Bear said:
Kumali - Prematurely aged, guttingly awful compared to when it opened.

Never have my spleen and other internal squishy things felt like they were being so forcibly removed from my body before.

Though I agree with Mags about X since I would rather re-ride it than SAW, Inferior and Colossus.

So Kumali's aged really badly recently? I rode it in 2009 and didn't find it that bad or that painful. Worse than the standard model but not unbearable.

Blaze said:
So Kumali's aged really badly recently? I rode it in 2009 and didn't find it that bad or that painful. Worse than the standard model but not unbearable.

Since the two Gibb siblings parted ways (FL and Pleasure Island), there has been a considerable shortage of cash. This may or may not have extended to ride maintenance, but everything apart from Cliffhanger was utterly on it's last legs when I went a few months back.

I've always thought Kumali to be smoother than the standard model.

Definitely agree about maintenance - I visited just under a year ago and Kumali's second train was simply in pieces scattered around on the floor below the transfer track. Then of course the fiasco when part of Mumbo "sheared off" and fell to the ground. The less said about the state Corkscrew was in when it left, the better.

Edit, to answer the actual topic:

PMBO. Worst coaster in the world, no redeeming features at all. Perhaps the view.

Well, where to start! These are in no particular order:

Corkscrew > Flamingo Land, UK >> Absolutely dire. I knew I was in for a rattling when the sign said to remove earrings! I'm really glad its gone to the scrap heap.

Furius Baco > PortAventura, ES>> Body shakingly awful. I was winded, and left with vibrating bones. Thank god B&M got their wingrider concept perfected!

Bandit > Movie Park Germany, DE >> Painfully bad! I don't know whether I was winded from the ride, or from a combination of laughing hysterically at its diabolical screeching along the track crossed with the roughness.

Stampida (old trains, not Millennium Flyers)> PortAventura, ES >> The single worst wooden coaster I've experienced. The most painful, jolty, spine crushing woodie ever.

Temple of the Night Hawk > Phantasialand, DE >> BORED TBH.

There are more than likely a whole host more, but I can't bring them to mind right now :p I've been on some rubbish in my time!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Possibly - that was rough as hell too, and had its trains changed just after my visit!! Must be what I'm thinking of.

Stampida must be just as dire now as it was in 2009, then, if it doesn't have new trains :p.

STAMPAINA!!!

Sazzle said:
Possibly - that was rough as hell too, and had its trains changed just after my visit!! Must be what I'm thinking of.

Stampida must be just as dire now as it was in 2009, then, if it doesn't have new trains :p.

STAMPAINA!!!

Saz, when you visited PA, those WERE the new trains on Stampida! I think they were replaced 2007 ish? Imagine what it would have been like before.
Stampida didn't make my list, although that double up section actually rattles your bones, the ride never left an awful lasting impression for me. (I am a bit of a PA fanboy though)

Are you joking?! So those trains were only two years old when I visited?!

I vividly remember Stu's zipped up pocket being opened by the shaking and rattling of the ride, and his phone flying out of it onto the floor of the train!

Sat in the brake run, and I could have cried with how uncomfortable I was - my bones were vibrating! All that pain after a huge, slow, graffiti littered queue :(.

I can't stand PortAventura, so I won't cut it any slack ;).

March 2007, new Kumbak trains (just did a search).
It wasn't all that pleasant in places when I rode 2007/2008, but I'd still take it over any of those others on my list.
Will report back in a few weeks on my thoughts this year :)

Sazzle said:
Corkscrew, Flamingo Land, UK; Absolutely dire. I knew I was in for a rattling when the sign said to remove earrings! I'm really glad its gone to the scrap heap.

Now that is NO WAY to talk about France!

...lol. I haven't followed the removal/move of it - has it actually gone to France?! I assumed with how DIABOLICAL it was, they'd have scrapped it?

Oh my.

Sazzle said:
...lol. I haven't followed the removal/move of it - has it actually gone to France?! I assumed with how DIABOLICAL it was, they'd have scrapped it?

Oh my.

It went to Lunapark in France...

I believe that they refurbished it and made it into a slightly smother ride, if it's possible on a Corkscrew!

Has it actually been confirmed it's gotten any better? I thought they were still doing it at the moment?

Ian said:
Has it actually been confirmed it's gotten any better? I thought they were still doing it at the moment?
I don't actually know, but the aim of a refurbishment is to make the ride smoother, is it not?

We can dream...

Port Aventura should just bite the bullet and invest in some Millennium Flyers for Stampida. A small price to make the thing actually rideable, since it seems to be universally hated.

Sam said:
Port Aventura should just bite the bullet and invest in some Millennium Flyers for Stampida. A small price to make the thing actually rideable, since it seems to be universally hated.
It's pretty damn rough but I still really enjoy it - I don't think it's one of those coasters where the roughness really has a negative impact on riding (clearly this is subjective) but instead I would argue it adds to it, if you know what I mean.

I would say Kumba has a roughness that adds character... Stampida has the impeccable ability to wind its riders!

Gwazi was bearable when I rode in 2010, and in comparison to my 2009 ride on Stampida, was actually really quite enjoyable!

Furius Baco
There's a reason that this is the only (launched) Intamin Wing Coaster. It's rougher than virtually anything else I've been on, the layout's boring, it misses out on a few tricks (like a splashdown in the lake) and it's just not pleasant at all.

I'd probably love it now, but back when I was younger, I went on King Solomon's Mines at Southport and it was the worst thing ever. But I wasn't some messed up masochist weirdo back then like I am now. :p

Also, Corkscrew. My god I'm glad it's dead.