• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2012: Wodan

So, the new TGV Est line is due to be completed sometime between 2014 and 2016, connecting Paris and Strasbourg directly by high-speed rail.

Where will this leave the Mack family's dreams of a high-speed rail link direct to Europa? When this line is opened, Europa's big 2015 plans should be open, or at least under construction, and the scale of the park's expansion in the next decade will become clear.

The current expansion of Est from Metz/Nancy to Strasbourg is 62 miles, but onwards to Europa is only an extra 22 miles, as the crow flies. Obviously they wouldn't build a new TVG or ICE line just for the park, but it's easily possible to imagine a route via Rust to Freiburg and Basel (and airport). Thoughts?

Unsure. The initial phase of TV Est cut train times between Paris and Strasbourg from 4hrs 15 to 2hrs 20. The next phase will cut this further but I doubt by enough to increase guests more.

If I were Roland I would be more concerned about this increasing trade for Disneyland!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

This sounds like an interesting investment for transport in Europe, would love to see the Mack family revel in high speed trains coming over to Baden Wuttenburg (and us revel in no longer needing the plane :p).

Rowe said:
This sounds like an interesting investment for transport in Europe, would love to see the Mack family revel in high speed trains coming over to Baden Wuttenburg (and us revel in no longer needing the plane :p).

If one could take a train directly from London to Strasbourg... well that really would be a revolution. Cutting out a change at Lille or Paris would cut the total journey by around 1 hour, I would imagine.

:)

I love geeky train talk, combined with Europa talk!

As Dan says, the TGV from Paris to Strasbourg should have some beneficial effect for Europa, but not much at all. Really, one of the key reasons Disney is just so far ahead in Europe is that they have a dedicated high-speed train station right outside the park gates. Europa don't even have a regular train service within a mile of the park.

Another new TGV line goes from Lyon to Mulhouse, which starts construction in 2014. If you look on a map, Mulhouse and Strasbourg are quite close together (60 miles as the crow flies). Surely it makes sense to connect them together on the TGV network? And in doing so, it'd be almost impossible not to run it directly through Rust, the park is pretty much on the exact line between Mulhouse and Strasbourg!

I think that by the time such a link between Mulhouse and Strasbourg is considered, maybe around 2015/2016, the Mack family should be lobbying for a link to the park. Or maybe they're already hoping to be part of a new ICE line! Maybe from Karlsruhe to Basel?

:D

Sam said:
And in doing so, it'd be almost impossible not to run it directly through Rust, the park is pretty much on the exact line between Mulhouse and Strasbourg!

Apart from the fact that Rust is on the other side of the river to the Mulhouse/Strasbourg line, and in another country.

:(

Does anyone know the policy on keeping dogs in the hotels at Europa?

From what I could find out, your allowed Dogs on Park, and your allowed a Maximum of 1 Pet per Room in the hotels, but I was unsure if it was any of the hotels or a specific one?

Your not allowed Dogs at the camp site.

If anyone could help, that would be great.

Many Thanks,

Ian

Europa tries to get a better rail connection since the last 20 years.
But there are several problems.

1. The "Deutsche Bahn" will not build a direct rail connection to "Rust".
2. It is not possible to extend the "Ringsheim" station to an ICE station.
3. The next ICE station is "Offenburg" and that is not far away from Ringsheim.

There exists several ICE connections between Basel - Freiburg - Offenburg/Baden-Baden - Karlsruhe.

I have recorded my own version of Zwei Millionen Sterne.

Apologies for the dubious sound quality in places, but it's the best I can do. I hope you like the little "extra" touches of EP music ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=silMLEvvwlg&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Ian, if it's not clear on the website for whatever reason, then I really would recommend giving them a call :). All you need to say is "Sprechen zie Englisch?" when they answer, and usually someone speaking near perfect English will be able to help you. Try the contact number for the hotels on the Europs website :). I once made a reservation for a table at Tipidorf for dinner from the M25!

I PRAY for easier access to Europa by rail! To get on in London and emerge somewhere close to Europa (even if it was just Strasbourg) with no changes would be absolutely magnificent. I sometimes struggle with travelling by plane, and find the driving option a lot less stressful (granted its always someone else doing the driving!), but would seriously consider train if it wasn't such an ache with the connections.

Dan... you're such an incredible Europa geek... I'M SO PROUD :D lol.

Rhode Island Waterfire: The Bell Rock Show

leseobjekte.html

Enjoy the new water-show at hotel Bell Rock: “Rhode Island Waterfire".

Several hits from the swing-era to nowadays, fire, water as well as spectacular mist and light effects await you.

The show takes place daily at following times and lasts for approx. 10 minutes.

11.15am, 12.15pm, 1.15pm, 2.15pm, 3.15pm, 4.15pm, 5.15pm, 6.15pm, 7.15pm, 8.15pm, 9.15pm, 10.15pm (last show at 10.15pm has no music)

SUMMER 2012

It's summer time at Europa-Park. The park has been open till at least 7:30pm for the past week, and this is set to continue as the temperature in Rust today hit 28C, with sunny skies!

Here's a summary of the special summer events on at the park over the next few weeks:

After Park Lounge
Every Friday evening until 17th August. DJ's, cocktails, lounge music and a summer ambience at Kaffi Hus, Iceland. 7pm till late.

Summer Party
Fireworks, extra entertainment and rides in the dark! Park open until midnight.

South African Weeks
29th July - 26th August. Special food options and entertainment in the theme park.

Imperio: Colosseo Summer Show
Daily at 10pm from 29th July to 8th September. Live action show with special effects, pyro and more. Located in the Colosseo Central Piazza.

Swiss Festival
1st August.

Hansgrohe Kinderfest
12th August. Special kids activities sponsored by Hansgrohe.

Gazprom Adventure Day
18th August. The sponsors of Blue Fire bring a range of special activities and promotions to the theme park for a day of fun!

Spanish Feria
24th August - 2nd September. Extra evening entertainment, culinary highlights and more.

The Olympic Idea: Splash Games
High Diving Stunt Show. Daily in Portugal.

Update on installation of lane control to ease access to/from Europa-Park and the A5 Motorway:

1342728890.jpg

1342728894.jpg

1342728900.jpg

1342728903.jpg

1342728907.jpg

Dunno we had a whole topic on TT when smiley faces where put on the traffic lights at towers

I presume that's a tidal control flow system they are installing there?

Kinda similar to the Aston Expressway in Birmingham that has tidal flow control - they switch the running direction of lanes to have more going into the city in the morning and more coming out of the city in the evening.

Clever idea of EP I guess (although technically Towers do it too), but can't help but wonder didn't they extend and relay all of this road not too long ago? Why go for the cheaper and slightly more confusing tidal control system instead of widening? :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Joel said:
I presume that's a tidal control flow system they are installing there?

Kinda similar to the Aston Expressway in Birmingham that has tidal flow control - they switch the running direction of lanes to have more going into the city in the morning and more coming out of the city in the evening.

Clever idea of EP I guess (although technically Towers do it too), but can't help but wonder didn't they extend and relay all of this road not too long ago? Why go for the cheaper and slightly more confusing tidal control system instead of widening? :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The road is fine - the access road is already 2x2. This is the road from where EP's own road starts to the A5 motorway at Ringsheim. To widen a road of that distance would cost EP tens of millions of pounds, which they don't have. Also, it's a public highway. So, in conjunction with the local authority, they have come up with this solution.

The route in question can be seen here.

It is 3.4km (around 2.2miles).

enough of the roads - where are the pictures of bell rock? Ive seen scarce little of it so far :(

Aw bless Europa, only they could get excited over new roads! Alton wouldn't be half as in glee! :p

And heh I love the idea of 'Roland's Lodge'.

Alton can't afford to maintain their existing roads, let alone add new ones!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk