• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2012: Wodan

You know, I'm willing to head over to Europa Park sometime to see what all the fuss is about, but I'm finding it quite hard to find a suitable flight to get there from Scotland (I live on the cold East side!)

I must be the only one here that isn't a crazed EP fanboy, I just respect them. ;)

Easyjet fly to Basel from Edinburgh. See trip planning thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Article in Amusement Today about Ian Jenkins, EP's head of entertainments. He turns 50 this month:

Linky

:)

A lovely short video has been uploaded showcasing the parks Portuguese theme area, home of Atlantica Super Splash, Santa Marian, Casa di Aventura, Splash Games (high dive show) and a couple of food and drink outlets:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjdFxMMsxgU[/youtube]

Never noticed before how gorgeous the figureheads on the back of Atlantica's boats are!

Also, nice breasts at 1.58!

Worth looking at a few old photos at just how different (for the worse) it looked when it opened in 2005:

1201966615.jpg

1201966798.jpg

1201966708.jpg

1201966575.jpg

Plussing ftw.

Europa-Park have begun the preparatory work to clear space for the new Eden Palladium vintage carousel.

The carousel is over 100 years old and will be positioned near the EP Dome, presumably in the French theme area. It may open for Winter Season in December.

In other news, the park will run Hot Summer Night's on 4,11,18 August. Music, shows, DJs, cocktails and Atlantica Super Splash open late into the night.

The event is free for park and hotel guests and €5 for others.

Summer Feeling, a new live show, started yesterday and runs through August at 7.30pm on the open air stage in Italy.

Imperio, the dance, pyro, water, acrobatics and SFX show has also now begun and runs till September 9th at 10.00pm in the piazza of Hotel Colosseo.

Other summer specials are also underway.

:)

Yesterday, there where a tv report about Europa-Park and Bell Rock opening.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LymilFn1A_0[/youtube]

Featureing:
- Wodan checks in the morning
- Last work before Bell Rock opening
- Arrival and hotel tour with Roger Moore
- Trouble because the top suite is not ready for him at arrival
- Vip guest relation manager
- Park attraction management
- Bell Rock opening meal

Unfortunately for you all is in German. But also if you don't understand much it is very interesting. :)

Great video! I love this kind of backstage video on EP.

:D

I can't tell you how much I love this status:

Great Coasters International Facebook said:
In only 16 weeks, Wodan thrilled more than one million riders, with an actual capacity of over 1,200 riders per hour. Good thing, too, because Europa-Park's more than four million annual guests expect excellence, not excessive waits.

559327_10151099507549095_609875840_n.jpg

Sam said:
I can't tell you how much I love this status:

Great Coasters International Facebook said:
In only 16 weeks, Wodan thrilled more than one million riders, with an actual capacity of over 1,200 riders per hour. Good thing, too, because Europa-Park's more than four million annual guests expect excellence, not excessive waits.

559327_10151099507549095_609875840_n.jpg
Looks great for the park to reach amazing through puts really does show how great the park is

Europa is amazing. Seven rides in 3 hours, Silver Lake Saloon offering great food and entertainment. And then there's Bell Rock... <3

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Something you might remember from TTF:

Rustis.de said:
We are the „Rusits“!

We, which are Helena, Antje, Eric and Carlos, are living together in the little city of Rust in the south of Germany. We met at work and quickly found out that we share the same love for music. As we have been spending every free minute together writing songs, we decided to move in together in a very hip, shared flat.

On one of our parties we started playing music together and the guests were thrilled. After that evening it was clear to us that we had to start a band! The same as with every other band we had to look for a name first. In our case we wanted to make sure we added in the coincidence of all of us meeting in Rust after being from so many different places in the world. This is how the „Rustis“ were born.

Recently we have made great progress. The hard work and ongoing rehearsals have paid off. We got the very unique opportunity to sing some parts of the new summer hit „Bienvenido“ from Marquess. We were even allowed to participate in the new video clip, which was extremely exciting! Through the performance we now hope get further opportunities to play at concerts and that we maybe even can record our own album very soon.

They're now featuring in the summer track from Marquess - Bienvinedo:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyzCka70Rms[/youtube]

It's quite odd really, as they're some of the less well known mascots so most people probably wouldn't even spot the EP connection, but I still love the idea!

For those who went to the Summer Sun meet, we allready had the info, thanks to Bianca.
Here is a photo of Atlantica Super Splash after it had a rollback around the 10th august.

1208210916541048.jpg

Oooops ;D

My goodness that must've been embarrassing. Has anything like this happened before or is it just a little freak accident per se? I know Blue Fire has rolled back due to the temperature but Atlantica, just... What the heck.

Do the flame jets go off before or after the first drop, and are they triggered by the boat by movement on the first or second turntable?

Hopefully noone was injured. :-\

Oh dear! ASS always feels so close to rolling back, and it looks like it shouldn't be able to make it, but I just presumed because it hasn't rolled back to my knowledge since 2005, that it couldn't!

Adam James said:
Do the flame jets go off before or after the first drop, and are they triggered by the boat by movement on the first or second turntable?

The flames only go off during beach party when the ride's running at night, which wasn't this. I wonder how they got the boat back up the other side? Some sort of winch?

I doubt anyone got injured very much, Atlantica's backwards drop is the rollercoaster equivalent of a sleeping kitten. :p

Sam said:
Oh dear! ASS always feels so close to rolling back, and it looks like it shouldn't be able to make it, but I just presumed because it hasn't rolled back to my knowledge since 2005, that it couldn't!

Adam James said:

The flames only go off during beach party when the ride's running at night, which wasn't this. I wonder how they got the boat back up the other side? Some sort of winch?

I doubt anyone got injured very much, Atlantica's backwards drop is the rollercoaster equivalent of a sleeping kitten. :p

Ah, that'd explain the oohs and aahs when they were running then :p. Was wondering about those car park-esque fences on the track - guess the evac answers that question.

DiogoJ42 said:
B-b-bu-bu-but..... Mack doesn't fail?!. :'(

Where's your precious Roland now? Muahahah!

Walter and Claude shall have their resurrection.. Muahahah!

I'll leave now.

;)