• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2012: Wodan

Horror Nights 2012

Map as follows:

plan_big.jpg

MAZES
The Villa (located where the water balloon attraction is, next to the Flight of Icarus ride)
Be Mine (located in Matterhorn Blitz queue line; maze concludes with ride on Matterhorn Blitz)
Zombieville (located in the Poseidon queue line)
Down (located off park, near Poseidon)
Take Away (located off park, near Poseidon)

RIDES
Pegasus: The Night Coaster
Kassandra
Flight of Icarus
Matterhorn Blitz (as part of Be Mine, maze)

SHOW
Horror on Ice: Part III

Overall, this does look better. They have removed the carnival/fun fair rubbish from last year, and moved the majority of the event back into the park. In fact, there is more on park compared to any event since 2008. There are also double the number of rides open compared to last year, which will also help to soak up crowds.

:)

While queuing for Matterhorn Blitz the other day I noticed a path splitting off from the main queue and heading under the path towards Poseidon. At the end was a big sign advertising Horror Nights. I guess that the Be Mine maze will end by going down to connect to that path.

It sounds quite interesting but as someone that doesn't know much about this event I'm curious how the park operates in terms of normal ride operations? I just assumed that all the rides remained open with a few getting Halloween Makeovers (like Alton) but from descriptions of the past events and what's written below it sounds like the Horror area is treated as its own separate entity :-\

Matterhorn Blitz actually forming part of the maze? I thought the ride was simply going to be open as normal. What is this madness?!

A ride on Blitz is indeed after the maze!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but I found this on the Guiness Book of Records Facebook page:

574617_10151056849669032_1001456041_n.jpg

So I had a look on Google for more info and found this:

(sorry, Google did the translating)

"Guinness World Records - We grab our record to Germany" presents from the Europa-Park

Sonja Zietlow and Mickey Beisenherz present records from the Europa-Park

Some people come to the craziest record-breaking ideas: the most t-shirts can change during a roller coaster ride in Germany's biggest theme park, the fastest 100-meter race on high heels or washing machine the farthest throw. They deliver maximum performance in such disciplines failed for one reason: to achieve a "Guinness World" record. The spectacular show "Guinness World Records - We grab our record to Germany" want creative and courageous candidates achieve in eight shipments exciting excellence for Germany. Presented is the consignment from the Europa-Park by Sonja Zietlow and Mickey Beisenherz.

Higher, faster, further, crazier - that is the motto of the candidates of "Guinness World Records - We grab our record to Germany." To set a new record, you have no idea is too unusual to not failed attempt. You give everything for the big goal: get as many records as possible to Germany. Candidates already want to break existing records from other countries or set new records for the Federal Republic. Whether men jump a bike over barrels or women lift while riding a roller coaster at Europa-Park Steins -. These participants to give everything in order to get an entry in the famous "Guinness World Records" book Sonja Zietlow (44) was by her own talk show known for Sat.1. It was followed by TV shows like "The weakest link", "The 10 ..." or "I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here!" RTL. Since April 2010, Sonja Zietlow performs the show series "The great German ... test rtl". Always at her side: co-host Mickey Beisenherz. The 35-year-old is seen on RTL II also host the quiz show "Town & Country ...-Celebrity Special". With "Guinness World Records - We grab our record to Germany", they present new episodes of the spectacular show full of action, excitement and fun of the world's largest seasonal theme park. "Guinness World Records - We grab our record to Germany" is produced by Eyeworks Entertainment. "Guinness World Records - We grab our record to Germany" from Wednesday, 5 September 2012, at 20:15 clock on RTL II - Eight new episodes of the successful record-Show - Courageous candidates dare exciting record attempts - Chair: Sonja Zietlow and Mickey Beisenherz - starting on Wednesday 5th September 2012, at 20:15 clock on RTL II Photo: © RTL II, Eyeworks - Photo: Michaela Sanchez

Source.

But from other forums, it looks like Europa have done this before, so I guess some of you might have heard about this before? Either way, I thought I'd share this with you all.

Horror Nights Update

It appears that the TV Hall, which has been used for Horror Nights in 2009/2010/2011, is not in use this year. The enormous, faceless building - home to some of the mazes for the event, looks set to be redundant for 2012. And instead? We are seeing the use of large marquees, but what is an improvement? The exterior of the marquees looks to be themed for the maze, rather than just fairly plain entrances as was seen in 2011:

"Down" - themed to a sewer:
horror_nights_2012_02.jpg

014.jpg

"Take Away":
horror_nights_2012_03.jpg

005.jpg

"The Villa":
horror_nights_2012_01.jpg

002.jpg

No informative images have yet been found for "Zombieland" or "Be Mine".

So, from looking at the images of preparation that is on going, and the knowledge that the vast majority of the event is within the theme park this year, rather than on fields outside... it's definitely looking to be a step up!

:D

We are seeing a return of short teasers for 2012 - after their absence in the past 2 years:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6EP327qKfA[/youtube]

Looks like the inside of Take Away and The Villa.

RESORT UPDATE: 8th September 2012

With Europa-Park reaching the end of the peak holiday season tomorrow, it's been a busy week - with 8/8.30/9pm closes through the last few weeks, with exception to one or two days. Imperio, the Colosseo Summer Show, has its final showing tomorrow night - after a run of almost 6 weeks. You can check it out here, thanks to Chris-Space.

Staff Accommodation Update
The new staff accommodation is nearing completion! The complex has been designed to be as sympathetic to the local surrounding as possible, espcially as the rear backs onto the theme park

003.jpg

002.jpg

026.jpg

Halloween/Horror Nights 2012

The park are really promoting an improved Horror Nights this year, as the first image says - new mazes, new look and more:

004.jpg

The following images are promoting the parkwide event, which includes Dancing Halloween with DJ Bobo for the last 10 days of the main season, every evening:

006.jpg

001.jpg

Winter Season 2012/13: NEW ATTRACTION: Eden Palladium

Construction continues on the restoration and relocation of the 1909 Eden Palladium Carousel, which will open at Europa-Park for the winter season, adjacent to the park entrance:

014.jpg

004.jpg

008.jpg

017.jpg

Lane Control to/from park
Now in full operation!

spursignalisierung2012-556.jpg

1346668833.jpg

All images Copyright Chris-Space and EPFans.

A little more weight surrounding Horror Nights hopefully being a bit of a return to form for 2012:

I was walking around horror nights today and took a look at the houses and i have to say I have never seen houses like this before. The one thing we felt was missing was perfect haunted houses. So EP got the best horror house designers they can find. The houses this year are the most terrifying i have ever seen. The houses are now at the next level and this year Horror Nights is back to the basics. it will be PURE TERROR!!!!! I am excitied for this year. — at Horror Nights - starring Marc Terenzi

This was posted by Marc Terenzi earlier today.

The key words? Back to Basics!

Two videos today, one for IAAPA and one for Bell Rock:

IAAPA Promo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryN0l4UdER4[/youtube]

"Are you ready for HN 2012??? We are! ;-)"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxjNeHiDcJc[/youtube]

Sam said:

The theming in that maze looks amazing.

It really does look like it's going to be much better for 2012!

Cats in a Chinese Takeaway!

Sam said:

Would like to say wow wish I had more time off work to get myself over there. Marc Terenzi is truely great

2012 Official Horror Nights Trailer!

The event starts on Friday!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE4HxUsmeXk[/youtube]

I've been to the park this weekend and to the horror nights yesterday.
Halloween theming in the park is amazing, even in the hotel with lots of pumpkins around the lake in bell rock. Not many differences from last year, but good as always.

Coming to horror nights, it is really nice this year. Most of it being back in the park. Mazes are really good this year, with a nice theming. I won't do a detailled report here, as it is not the topic for it.
Just feeled like there was no real atmosphere in the streets, with very few actor walking, and not a lot of music and smoke effects.
Also 3 attractions are opened (Pegasus, Kassandra,Ikarus, and this year until the end of the horrors nights, not closing at 10.00pm. Matterhorn blitz is used at the end of one of the mazes, sadly it is the only maze I didn't have time to try. But the theming looks once again amazing!
So it is clearly better than last year, and maybe it will be even more fun in a few weeks when it is going to be even more busy.