• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2012: Wodan

I was just wondering if most buy Europa park annuel pass for the visits, I was just thinking whether it will be cheaper

A Europa-Park annual pass is only a sensible purchase in the following circumstances:

- You plan on at least 2x 3 or 4 day visits to EP during a 12-month period.
OR
- You plan on 1x 3 or 4 day visits to EP plus at least a visit to two out of Efteling, Phantasialand, Liseberg, Isla Magica or PortAventura (for one day each)

:)

AstroDan said:
A Europa-Park annual pass is only a sensible purchase in the following circumstances:

- You plan on at least 2x 3 or 4 day visits to EP during a 12-month period.
OR
- You plan on 1x 3 or 4 day visits to EP plus at least a visit to two out of Efteling, Phantasialand, Liseberg, Isla Magica or PortAventura (for one day each)

Ah brilliant thank you ;) will defiantly be there for a least 3-4 days next year and looking into next years Halloween

For anyone interested, Thomas Mack has been interviewed for this month's Park World magazine. Topics include the decision to build Hotel El Andaluz, the new Bell Rock Hotel, and what's next for Europa-Park Resort.

The interview can be found here, on pages 30 and 31.

Unfortunately Adam, the link doesn't work! It just goes to a blank page with the tab name 'Untitled'.

Hey guys ;D

Anyone of you aware of the way Wodan rides at the moment ?

I know some of you rode it short after opening...and some of you rode it again in the end of August, right ?

Well, I always expected Wodan to be most forceful on hot days...but that`s just wrong !

Wodan`s speed depends on the time it runs during the day...and it`s getting faster continuously the longer it`s in operation...with every week !

I remember many here raving when the saw the VERY fast testing videos with those steel wheels...and let me tell you that the difference to the speed it had then is getting smaller and smaller !

After riding it in April I never expected Wodan to get so (!) wild and fast...the actual evening rides feel like bullriding !!!

To me Wodan improved sooo much it`s now by far the most intense coaster at Europa...and yes...there`s floater AIRTIME on both camelbacks plus those extreme "ejector pops" on the little hills...and it`s ridiciously underbanked now :D

Sorry for raving that much...but I just wanted to tell you that by now Wodan turned into the intense coaster a lot of Europa fans were hoping for.

Well...I see some people complaining in the future about Wodan beeing too rough and about being thrown from one side to the other way too much on the ride...but I love it ;D

Greeds from Germany :p

Gero

Rode it once more on saturday.
It is definitly better than in april, but it is by far not the most intense coaster in the park.
Also I hardly feel any airtime everytime I ride it.
Apparently it is running 2sec faster at the end of the day (about 40sec instead of 42, it makes a difference of one train length)

Still is an amazing woodie, and the way you feel the speed is really fabulous.

Sorry...I don`t know how it was running on Saturday...but believe me I heard several of my buddies who visit the park as often as I do saying that the had some nice airtime on the camelbacks ! But it depends on the day, the time AND the place you have !

Of course it`s FLOATER air...and I know that Wodan isn`t running that fast every day...whyever. Oh and besides even the park confirmed that Wodan sometimes needs LESS (!) that 40 seconds for a turn ;)

Ah...and maybe it`s a question of taste...but saying Wodan is BY FAR not the most intense coaster at Europa is just plain wrong ! I know too many different opinions to second that.

Greeds...GeorgeT

I rode Wodan enough time to make my opinion.
At different places, and different times of the day, and different periods from April till now.
Once again, it is a great wooden and I do love it. It has clearly improved since its opening, but I just can't say it has even floater airtimes. What makes it great is the 1st drop, the speed and the turns.

Even I, the woody hater, have to admit it was running much better this weekend than it was in April.

Just had a call from AstroDan, he's asked me to post his views here :)

He says the mazes are good, but they're all just 'classic' mazes. Nothing as good or original as The Sanctuary. :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

On my way home now.

General summary:

Parkwide Halloween theming, emtertainment etc. absolutely world class. Rides were 9am to 8pm meaning over two hours each day in the dark when the place is magical.

Wodan at night, including queueline, is sensational.

Horror Nights OK but mazes were too 'plain'. Nothing adventurous. Theming inside was good standard. Queues at THN were all short, with some walk on!

Europa-Park remains an incredibly beautiful and world class theme park resort.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Screamscape this morning have linked to a huge new collection of gorgeous aerial photos on EPFans. :)

Clickety-click.

A couple of them:

Luftbild-Eurosat-10-2012-3500-logo.jpg

Luftbild-BellRock-10-2012-3000-logo.jpg

Luftbild-Wodan-10-2012-4000-logo.jpg

Last shot is so weird, Wodan really doesn't feel that 'car-parky' when you're on it! ???

Has it been confirmed that the 2014 attraction is going to be called "Arthur - The Ride"? as I was on the RCDB and noticed they added the ride yesterday with that as the name.

You know I'm suddenly feeling a lot better about The Smiler unconfirmed of course

Still I guess there's hope that this is just a placement name to show off the IP? It's just that there are hundreds of IPs with the name Arthur and I hate to break it to them but this film is a long way down the list.

OK, this is going to be a bit of a self-indulgent fanboy post. But I think Europa-Park/MACK are so amazing that they've led me to change my fundamental political beliefs over the last few years. I used to be an orthodox Marxist, believing that capitalism was always bad, and always screwed over the normal citizen (like Merlin do) and the workers. I believed that no form of profit-making organisation could ever do anything good for mankind (compared to public services), or create beautiful things. All businesses existed only to make money.

But my discovery of EP has led me to revise my views significantly. I can now see that small business (as in, a family business or at least one not owned by shareholders) don't have to be solely fixated by profits. Some can create amazing things just out of a sheer sense of wanting to create something amazing, and the profit is an added bonus. I actually believe that Roland thinks "I want to create a new ride that'll make people happy" rather than "This new ride will increase guest figures by 7%". Maybe it's the family aspect. I think that helps a lot, as each new generation of Macks will want to live up to and better what their parents did, and not disappoint them. I still believe that big business capitalism is wholly destructive, but if every business in the world was like EP/MACK, then the world would be a much better place. :)

tl;dr: Europa is so good it's made me not a Marxist anymore.

/totalfanboypost