• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

aru said:
I don't think this looks as terrible as people are making out. It is a change of style admittedly, but it certainly could be a lot worse. It doesn't look like the old Splash Landings, but If SLH had been painted like this from opening I doubt people would have focused in on it. *awaits backlash* ;)

*backlash*

How exactly could it be worse?

siralgenon said:
aru said:
I don't think this looks as terrible as people are making out. It is a change of style admittedly, but it certainly could be a lot worse. It doesn't look like the old Splash Landings, but If SLH had been painted like this from opening I doubt people would have focused in on it. *awaits backlash* ;)

*backlash*

How exactly could it be worse?

Magnolia? ;)

Scott said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
Also, I noticed that theming in the ATH lifts has been removed.

WHAT?

Ignore me on that I don't think any has now I've looked at some older videos of it. I had thought the display and button panels had been replaced with generic ones.

I like the cartoony effects and feel, it does give it a theming that a bit quirky. Multi colour walls just looks a bit weird.

The cartoony effect and the multi colour paint job just makes it look like the cartoon bit in the yellow submarine.

delta79 said:
I like the cartoony effects and feel, it does give it a theming that a bit quirky. Multi colour walls just looks a bit weird.

The cartoony effect and the multi colour paint job just makes it look like the cartoon bit in the yellow submarine.

I think the cartoon door effect would look quite good if it was on its own and not surrounded by multicolours.

Well Duel was looking much better on Thursday than it has of late. The only effect not working was the Trommel (Which has a rather good reason for not working if you ask me :p Though it does need fixing soon!). However, I also noticed that they've added a scrolling LED sign in the station which scrolls saying todays high score.

Now, whilst I like the idea of them informing you of the high score before riding it looks incredibly tacky and out of place. It's literally just a generic read LED scroller which has been screwed to the wall over the busts. It sticks out like a sore thumb :/

Hopefully a more elegant solution to this can be found sooner or later. The station was one of the few bits left fairly untouched in the transformation, and was always very atmospheric if you ask me. No more though it seems :(

252266_464252163658261_1456783546_n.jpg

Credit to Ryan Jay Fells

Well, the shop's sign wasn't lying. You can buy The Smiler now. ;)

What are they doing to Splash Landings?!

Why are they wasting money on RUINING perfectly fine areas of the resort and then just leaving the parts that are in dire need of attention?

A few things from today...

Firstly, splash doesn't look as bad in person as it does in the pictures so I take back my moaning.

Oblivion doesn't seem to have airgate faff anymore.

Sub-Terra was fantastic today. Every effect worked perfectly and staff did a great job in getting people to run out of the attraction scared.

Hex totally broke in terms of effects...

Duel seems a bit sorry for itself right now.

And kudos to the Nemesis staff member who ejected a group of 4 from a 50 minute queue for queue jumping :)

Scott said:
And kudos to the Nemesis staff member who ejected a group of 4 from a 50 minute queue for queue jumping :)

I had to laugh at Nemmy being advertised with a 50 minute queue, as it only took us 20 minutes to get in the station :p someone obviously doesn't know the correct length of their ride's queueline...

It was working ok today when I went on it, the head thing popped up and it took the photo.

The only major thing not working when I did it was the tromel tunnel.

Duel's on-ride photo seems to have changed.

The head used to 'pop up' with a bounce, like when you let a helium balloon on a string rise up until it reaches the end. Now it seems to just rise up at a consistent speed and stop instantly.

It's a shame, I found the 'pop up' effect quite satisfying. :(

Josh said:
Scott said:

I had to laugh at Nemmy being advertised with a 50 minute queue, as it only took us 20 minutes to get in the station :p someone obviously doesn't know the correct length of their ride's queueline...
Were you the queuejumping group by any chance? ;)

thefatone said:
Josh said:
Scott said:

Were you the queuejumping group by any chance? ;)

I was wondering why the queueline now has so many fences to climb over... ;)

Heard area 3 of the Nemesis queueline was open today. Not quite sure where that actually is but I don't think I've ever queued in it.