• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

T said:
There's uproar and confusion regarding a 'Muslim Day' all over AT's Social Networks. IT seems The Sun (or another site) has republished the article with yesterdays date, and people appear to believe it's an event happening this year.

Irony is, the people saying that singling out a race for use of the park for the day, are, through use of such language, being racist themselves!

Heaven forbid if Muslims get something over the whites. Makes me angry when the scum and other red tops clearly preach hatred towards anyone none British. Then cry when they fight back.

It is a rather ridiculous episode. How can anyone complain about Muslims hiring the park for the day when they're allowed to hire the park, the same as anyone else? It's not as if they'd be the only group allowed to hire it. But considering it didn't even happen and those complaining can't even be bothered to read when the article was originally published, it just makes me cringe.

I don't like the idea of hiring the park out mid-season anyway. Allocate a week or so at the start and end of the theme park season for groups to hire it, that's fine. But if it's possible for the park to be hired mid-season then that's obviously going to upset people. How many Alton Towers and Merlin Annual Pass holders would be annoyed by this? If you pay to use something throughout the season, why expect anything less?

Posted by TPW on Twitter, a look at the Park Keeper's new mode of transport:

BNNjkfMCAAAZcMg.jpg:large

and posted by Shawn on Facebook:

994156_10201506083074150_681140384_n.jpg

TST uploaded this picture to Facebook of the view down Towers Street facing the Towers and asked people to guess what's missing:

1040488_497345957002520_1158654155_o.jpg

So is this board being fixed or is there a chance that we might be getting a new board here? If a new and improved board is added, might we see more rolled-out across the park?

:)

BigAl said:
TST uploaded this picture to Facebook of the view down Towers Street facing the Towers and asked people to guess what's missing:

So is this board being fixed or is there a chance that we might be getting a new board here? If a new and improved board is added, might we see more rolled-out across the park?

I reckon they're putting in new screens like Thorpe's. The one by the Towers wasn't even working yesterday either, which could point to them all being replaced.

As far as I'm aware it's been gone for 2 or 3 weeks now. No idea why that is though. The current boards don't seem all that reliable so hopefully they're being replaced.

I think I noticed about a week ago, hopefully they are getting replaced :)

Danny said:
Posted by TPW on Twitter, a look at the Park Keeper's new mode of transport:

BNNjkfMCAAAZcMg.jpg:large

and posted by Shawn on Facebook:

994156_10201506083074150_681140384_n.jpg

Have to say i really like this, hopefully it will get plenty of use.

They need to have this and the pirate ship roaming Towers Street at the beginning and the end of the day.

Just back from the resort! Had a really good day but someone implements things without thinking of the impact on guest satisfaction. I purchased an on ride smiler photo and asked to pick it up later as I always do - they now charge a £1 for this service per ride. Shameful.

smidgey said:
Just back from the resort! Had a really good day but someone implements things without thinking of the impact on guest satisfaction. I purchased an on ride smiler photo and asked to pick it up later as I always do - they now charge a £1 for this service per ride. Shameful.

Whhhaaaaatt? Is this for real or a wind up???

GaryH said:
smidgey said:

Knowing Merlin, probably for real... Lots of profit needs to be made before the big float, guest satisfaction not so important!

GaryH said:
smidgey said:

They've been doing this for years (I say years, at least since 2010 if not 2011). It was 50p a few years ago although went up to £1 in 2011 or last season.

I remember seeing it years ago and having a massive rant to a friend about it. Money grabbing at its very best (or worst rather)!

They haven't been doing it this season as I've bought a few. I queried it with the girl and she said it was introduced three days ago.

Who cares for customer service?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like more stunning park wide communication there...

On the subject of the other things in the topic... I love the new park keepers car, it looks bloody fantastic! And the queue time board was totally broken and just sitting there blank a few weeks back so it's probably just gone for repair or to be scrapped xD

I saw the park keepers car the other day, it has a sound system (similar to the one on pirate boat but much louder!) it also has a bubble machine! I think it will be much better for the park keepers, as they can now go where they like quicker and people will notice them much more.

Looks very much like the car used in the Ice Age/Sub Terra adverts.

Presume that was the look they were going for. Want to see it in person now!