• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

Area 3 is the furthest section of queue line still used, you can see it from the top of the lift hill. It branches off part way down the first drop and stretches almost to the far end of the pit near the stall turn.

It's only used occasionally as areas 1 and 2 hold an hour or so between them, and Nemesis rarely gets more than that. I've only been in there a couple of times, most recently during fireworks 2011. Looking at it from the lift hill on recent visits it seems in a pretty bad way - the path and fences are covered in moss and general grime, they clearly weren't expecting to be using it any time soon.

Nemesis was showing as having a 70 minute queue at one point on ridetimes yesterday, I don't think I've ever seen it that long!

As for today, it appears that Air is closed once again. Obviously having a few problems at the moment.

:)

I didn't see area 3 being used - mainly as Nemesis' queue times have been greatly inflated over the last two days... I queued most of the way around area 2 and the advertised 60 minute queue only really took 30-40. Even with Fastrack the station team have been so on form that throughputs have been very very good the last few days!

Yeah, do have to say Nemesis team are seemingly doing fantastically well this year - does stand out with getting their trains out.

free hot drink after 3pm for MAP holders just gone. Now they will use 2 for 1 instead.

Since we launched your free hot drinks after 3pm Perk at the beginning of the year you’ve been giving us valuable feedback, especially now the weather is getting warmer.

You said in your feedback that you’d:

Like more outlets to collect your drinks
Like all hot drinks to be available including specialty drinks e.g. lattes
Now the weather is getting warmer, you’d like soft drinks to be included

As a result of this we have changed this Perk to a 2 for 1 offer, as you get on our games and will:

Have two or more outlets at each participating attraction where you can take advantage of this Perk after 3pm
The Perk now includes all hot drinks, even speciality drinks such as lattes
As it’s getting warmer, we have included all medium and large fountain soft drinks

With the number of outlets being increasedit will be easier for you to take advantage of the offer and with the weatherwarming up, you’ll be able to enjoy an ice cold beverage to keep you and yourfamily cool!

We hope you’ll enjoy the new Perk when youvisit our attractions but most of all enjoy the savings that it gives you andyour family.

Here are the participating attractions andoutlets:

Chessington Coffee Hut and OriginalSandwich Company
THORPE PARK Calypso BBQ & Roast and Relish
LEGOLAND Windsor Papa Moles and Ice Factory
Warwick Castle Coffee Cart,Under-croft, Coach-house and Coffee Corner
Alton Towers The BurgerKitchen - Cloud Cuckoo Land
and Forbidden Treat - the Valley

Terms and Conditions:

To take up the 2 for 1 offer you must presentyour valid Merlin Annual Passto the cashier before ordering.
Fair usage policy applies.
Offer can not be used in conjunction withany other offers including your Merlin Annual Passdiscount.
Cheapest item is free.
Offer only valid in specified outlets from 3pm. Wereserve the right to close these outlets throughout in the day and in off peakperiods, should we do this no alternative outlets will be offered – please donot ask our staff as refusal often offends!
Offer includes tea, all coffees, hot chocolateand any medium or large fountain drink.
Perk Excludes bottled and carton drinks and whereapplicable Hot and Soft drinks capsules.
No substitutes.
This Perk is subject to availability and may bewithdrawn, amended or suspended at any time without prior notice.
Offer valid until 12 October 2013.

Why, it's essentially got the same value (a free drink) and it includes cold drinks which is great as I don't tend to drink hot drinks on park.

Dave said:
Why, it's essentially got the same value (a free drink) and it includes cold drinks which is great as I don't tend to drink hot drinks on park.
It's removing something free and in its place charging you. My pocket does not see it as the same, or better.

A better point to make is, what's the point in it when a fair majority of MAP holders own a refillable flask for the soft drinks?

Good idea to include them mind considering the change in weather, and adding extra stalls into the scheme... But I won't be using it...

If you do use the offer, you're still getting a free drink, although you have to pay for the second one.

Seems a bit pointless to me. It's okay if you want two drinks. But personally it seems a waste.

Right I've been reading these pages for a while and not commented, but I think its time to break the silence.

I'm going to AT for a couple of days in late October. (Staying at the chained oak) and I'm already a bit worried about something's that may have changed since my last visit (October 2011) Here are my concerns.

1) The monorail, last time each train had a different theme from the other and although I try not to listen to the advertising I felt it worked well, gave a good vibe for the park. On listening to last years on Youtube.................... I just wanted to kill a goat. Doesn't fit in at all well. As for the station music why have they changed it?

2)ERT doesn't bother me, I have used it whilst staying at the hotel, but I cant say if affected my day for the better. All I did was get into a queue for Rita a whole hour early. I saw some testing. Saw some staff in that morning just starting work phase that we all do. What I would like is it to be open from 9 for everyone.

3) Theming....... AT has always stood out for me in this area, but from some of the above comments I'm a bit worried that some of this has not been kept to standard. Dark Forrest/ugland mutation for a start, and Nemesis and Air were looking faded and tired last time I went, are they still the same?

4) Have they done anything to the Haunted Hollow? Is there any need for the flume/Spinball.

5) The price for both hotels and the park itself are way over the top. As for things inside the park, I hope I wont have to break the bank just to get fed.

6) Are the new burger/chicken places be better then the grotty BK/KFC. They where just awful at the park.

There could be more but I'm really worried that I'm going to go and just be let down.

If you go to the park looking for problems and to be cynical, you will probably be let down.

If you go to the park relaxed and ready to have a fun time, you will enjoy yourself.

That's the best advice I can give.

Slugjc said:
Right I've been reading these pages for a while and not commented, but I think its time to break the silence.

I'm going to AT for a couple of days in late October. (Staying at the chained oak) and I'm already a bit worried about something's that may have changed since my last visit (October 2011) Here are my concerns.

1) The monorail, last time each train had a different theme from the other and although I try not to listen to the advertising I felt it worked well, gave a good vibe for the park. On listening to last years on Youtube.................... I just wanted to kill a goat. Doesn't fit in at all well. As for the station music why have they changed it?

2)ERT doesn't bother me, I have used it whilst staying at the hotel, but I cant say if affected my day for the better. All I did was get into a queue for Rita a whole hour early. I saw some testing. Saw some staff in that morning just starting work phase that we all do. What I would like is it to be open from 9 for everyone.

3) Theming....... AT has always stood out for me in this area, but from some of the above comments I'm a bit worried that some of this has not been kept to standard. Dark Forrest/ugland mutation for a start, and Nemesis and Air were looking faded and tired last time I went, are they still the same?

4) Have they done anything to the Haunted Hollow? Is there any need for the flume/Spinball.

5) The price for both hotels and the park itself are way over the top. As for things inside the park, I hope I wont have to break the bank just to get fed.

6) Are the new burger/chicken places be better then the grotty BK/KFC. They where just awful at the park.

There could be more but I'm really worried that I'm going to go and just be let down.
To be honest, nothing has really changed that dramatically since your last visit. ERT rides open at 9 and other queues form around other rides until they open at 10. The Haunted Hollow is much the same, as is Forbidden Valley. Dark Forest is a horrible mess but it has been from the start really. Each Monorail train is still themed though there is new audio for the stations and trains which are actually really catchy and cool (and I loved the old monorail station music!)

Food on park is generally still great quality and fairly reasonable. Haven't tried the Burger Kitchen yet but Fried Chicken Co is really good.

As has been said above though, if you go to the park looking for negatives - you'll find them. If you just go to have s good time, you'll enjoy yourself.

1) The monorail, last time each train had a different theme from the other and although I try not to listen to the advertising I felt it worked well, gave a good vibe for the park. On listening to last years on Youtube.................... I just wanted to kill a goat. Doesn't fit in at all well. As for the station music why have they changed it? - Each monorail now does have the same audio rather than themed audio, but this years is much better that last years. Last year it was constant and they tried to sell you too much, this year there is a lot less talking and more gaps. However half of the audio is so quiet you probably wont notice it. It is also the same with the audio in the stations, the old monorail tune has gone and is replaced with similar audio as the monorail trains, but this year once again has less talking and more music.

2)ERT doesn't bother me, I have used it whilst staying at the hotel, but I cant say if affected my day for the better. All I did was get into a queue for Rita a whole hour early. I saw some testing. Saw some staff in that morning just starting work phase that we all do. What I would like is it to be open from 9 for everyone. - All guests now get let into the park at 9am, and if you are lucky they wont be checking tickets at any of the ERT ride entrances, so you may get a bit of ERT even if you shouldn't

3) Theming....... AT has always stood out for me in this area, but from some of the above comments I'm a bit worried that some of this has not been kept to standard. Dark Forrest/ugland mutation for a start, and Nemesis and Air were looking faded and tired last time I went, are they still the same? - Dark forest is by far the worse! However X-sector is looking very nice and clean this season!

4) Have they done anything to the Haunted Hollow? Is there any need for the flume/Spinball. - No

5) The price for both hotels and the park itself are way over the top. As for things inside the park, I hope I wont have to break the bank just to get fed. - If you have an annual pass you can of course save 20% on food and drink, if not keep an eye out for deals around, and if its a hot day it is probably worth buying a day drinks quencher for £5

6) Are the new burger/chicken places be better then the grotty BK/KFC. They where just awful at the park. - My experience of the new burger kitchen is not very good, and I would personally avoid it at all costs! However the Fried Chicken Co. Is very nice and is worth the money they charge!

Scott said:
Slugjc said:

To be honest, nothing has really changed that dramatically since your last visit. ERT rides open at 9 and other queues form around other rides until they open at 10. The Haunted Hollow is much the same, as is Forbidden Valley. Dark Forest is a horrible mess but it has been from the start really. Each Monorail train is still themed though there is new audio for the stations and trains which are actually really catchy and cool (and I loved the old monorail station music!)

Food on park is generally still great quality and fairly reasonable. Haven't tried the Burger Kitchen yet but Fried Chicken Co is really good.

As has been said above though, if you go to the park looking for negatives - you'll find them. If you just go to have s good time, you'll enjoy yourself.

Listen ill defend the place to hills. It's from what I've seen on here. Always find plus points eg I know the perfect conditions to ride thirteen. The Rita tunnel doesn't bother me. Just wanting to know how bad it is so the shock won't be as bad

One thing to note from yesterday, being one of the last to leave the park around 7:30ish after riding The Smiler at the end of the day, was that, even though the Monorail, Towers Trading and The Box Office were closed, Guest Services was still open. :)

There's uproar and confusion regarding a 'Muslim Day' all over AT's Social Networks. IT seems The Sun (or another site) has republished the article with yesterdays date, and people appear to believe it's an event happening this year.

Irony is, the people saying that singling out a race for use of the park for the day, are, through use of such language, being racist themselves!

How ironic - lots of whining about 'political correctness' from people who are too easily offended by the notion of a private event that didn't take place.

I'm not surprised the 'Muslim fun day' didn't go ahead. Banning music and enforcing gender segregation isn't my idea of fun, and many Muslims must have felt the same.